For the record... Most bizarre overall Grand Slam ever? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 13th, 2009, 10:43 PM   #1
country flag DPJ

DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all
For the record... Most bizarre overall Grand Slam ever?

Who really knows. Personally, I think this whole US Open has been surreal. The upsets of several top seeds, a lot of whom looked like contenders to win. The Oudin drama. The untimely rain delays. The (unfortunate, weird, bizarre... pick an adjective) Serena debacle. An unranked player on the cusp of winning a major. Everything combined just seems all too weird to be, well, real. Certainly won't forget about this US Open for a long, long time...
DPJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 13th, 2009, 10:44 PM   #2
country flag RenaSlam.

RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: For the record... Most bizarre overall Grand Slam ever?

Strange U.S. Open. These happen every now and then, though.
__W00.01.05.07.08__USO00.01__

Step.
RenaSlam. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2009, 10:48 PM   #3
country flag DPJ

DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaSlam. View Post
Strange U.S. Open. These happen every now and then, though.
Ugh... Out of everyone in this forum, I would have expected YOU, renaslam, to have a little more firepower than that. Tepid response! I'm still in shock about Serena... I think I realized how much I actually really love her after all of this undeserved crap.
DPJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2009, 11:46 PM   #4
country flag colt13

colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold

Yes!

1. Serena's meltdown.
2. Zvonareva's meltdown.
3. End of the Lisicki/Rodionova match.
4. Every Safina match.
Plus the Oudin, Wickmayer, K. Bondarenko runs
colt13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2009, 11:48 PM   #5
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

More like WORST overall GS ever.

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2009, 11:58 PM   #6
country flag GoldenGophers
Leave it up to Weezy Baby.

GoldenGophers is a name known to all GoldenGophers is a name known to all GoldenGophers is a name known to all GoldenGophers is a name known to all GoldenGophers is a name known to all GoldenGophers is a name known to all GoldenGophers is a name known to all GoldenGophers is a name known to all GoldenGophers is a name known to all GoldenGophers is a name known to all GoldenGophers is a name known to all

This was seriously the worst Grand Slam I have ever witnessed.
GoldenGophers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2009, 11:59 PM   #7
country flag supergrunt

supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute

yeah it was weird
supergrunt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 12:01 AM   #8
country flag manu

manu has a brilliant future manu has a brilliant future manu has a brilliant future manu has a brilliant future manu has a brilliant future manu has a brilliant future manu has a brilliant future manu has a brilliant future manu has a brilliant future manu has a brilliant future manu has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt13 View Post
Yes!

1. Serena's meltdown.
2. Zvonareva's meltdown.
4. Every Safina match.
What happened there? I heard Lisicki got injured or something, right?
manu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 12:05 AM   #9
country flag jfk

jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold

This has been one of the best and dramatic slams on the women's side in recent memory. So very compelling with all of the things listed so far. It's gotten people talking about women's tennis again. I'd rank the stories in order of most compelling as follows:

1. Oudin's run
2. Serena's rage
3. Clijsters' comeback
4. Zvonareva's meltdown
5. All of the upsets

It would be funny if Wozniacki won, given that she's avoided all of the drama and has pushed her way through the draw unscathed and with relatively little attention.
jfk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 12:13 AM   #10
country flag MarieC

MarieC is a splendid one to behold MarieC is a splendid one to behold MarieC is a splendid one to behold MarieC is a splendid one to behold MarieC is a splendid one to behold MarieC is a splendid one to behold MarieC is a splendid one to behold MarieC is a splendid one to behold MarieC is a splendid one to behold MarieC is a splendid one to behold MarieC is a splendid one to behold

The US Open 2009 has definitely won the weird and wacky award for the most surreal slam in recent memory.

the top 5 stories have definitely been:

Oudin's run
Serena's outburst
Clijsters comeback
Zvonareva's meltdown
The seeds falling like crazy
MarieC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 12:19 AM   #11
country flag Renalicious
goatra

Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute

Cery weird.

And Serena's outburst is most DEFINTELY the #1 story of the US Open as of now. Just crazy.

serena, jankovic, venus, na, hsieh, date-krumm, jovanovski
makarova, diatchenko, halep, goerges and kvitova

My Youtube Channel
Renalicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 12:20 AM   #12
country flag WonderfulLee

WonderfulLee has a brilliant future WonderfulLee has a brilliant future WonderfulLee has a brilliant future WonderfulLee has a brilliant future WonderfulLee has a brilliant future WonderfulLee has a brilliant future WonderfulLee has a brilliant future WonderfulLee has a brilliant future WonderfulLee has a brilliant future WonderfulLee has a brilliant future WonderfulLee has a brilliant future

it's better than watching Federer win over and over again!
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 12:23 AM   #13
country flag John.
Shining like a laser beam!

John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute

It's been unpredictable that's for sure
John. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 01:08 AM   #14
country flag venusallday

venusallday is a splendid one to behold venusallday is a splendid one to behold venusallday is a splendid one to behold venusallday is a splendid one to behold venusallday is a splendid one to behold venusallday is a splendid one to behold venusallday is a splendid one to behold venusallday is a splendid one to behold venusallday is a splendid one to behold venusallday is a splendid one to behold venusallday is a splendid one to behold

is there a video for the Zvonareva breakdown?

I liked this US Open, and I'm a Venus fan. Usually, I'm about finished when she's out of a tourny, but Clijsters, Oudin, and Serena (not to mention double-faulting Maria) kept it quite interesting...

Best Major this year for sure!

Most tennis players are girls, because they act like girls, they play like girls, and they have child-like attitudes like girls. Venus, on the other hand, does the exact opposite. She is in control of her emotions. She's graceful, gracious, strong, and fierce. She controls her own destiny. She has a business and a degree. She won't be left with just tennis memories once she calls it a day on the court.

Most tennis females are girls. Venus is a WOMAN.
venusallday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 01:57 AM   #15
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt13 View Post
Yes!

1. Serena's meltdown.
2. Zvonareva's meltdown.
4. Every Safina match.
-Serena's meltdown.
-Zvonareva's meltdown.
-End of the Lisicki/Rodionova match.
-Every Safina match.
-Sharapova 21 double faults and surprise loss to Oudin
-The 6-0,0-6 match Kim played against Venus
-The Roddick surprise loss
-The triple 6-2 beating of Nadal
-Two unseeded players in the women's final
-Oudin's Russian slaying of Masha, Petrova, and Kuznetsova
-Sunday women's final
-Monday men's final
-No American man making it to the QFs for the very first time
-300 people watching the ladies SF (the smallest crowd in US Open history)

Strange indeed!
-
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote