It's the Lisa and Rennae thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 09:51 AM   #1
stubbsy71

stubbsy71 is a splendid one to behold stubbsy71 is a splendid one to behold stubbsy71 is a splendid one to behold stubbsy71 is a splendid one to behold stubbsy71 is a splendid one to behold stubbsy71 is a splendid one to behold stubbsy71 is a splendid one to behold stubbsy71 is a splendid one to behold stubbsy71 is a splendid one to behold stubbsy71 is a splendid one to behold stubbsy71 is a splendid one to behold
Wink It's the Lisa and Rennae thread

Let's hope the girls can do it 4 Bea
stubbsy71 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 10:04 AM   #2
country flag Kuilli
stubborn procrastinator

Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute
Hehehe...a new cheering thread!!

Keep it clean now, kids!

Go Lisa and Rennae!
Kuilli is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2002, 02:05 PM   #3
stubbsy71

stubbsy71 is a splendid one to behold stubbsy71 is a splendid one to behold stubbsy71 is a splendid one to behold stubbsy71 is a splendid one to behold stubbsy71 is a splendid one to behold stubbsy71 is a splendid one to behold stubbsy71 is a splendid one to behold stubbsy71 is a splendid one to behold stubbsy71 is a splendid one to behold stubbsy71 is a splendid one to behold stubbsy71 is a splendid one to behold
Yes, I shall erase the thread again if things get out of hand, so behave Beatriz, no dirty talk!
Old Sep 18th, 2002, 03:06 PM   #4
country flag Gallofa
Diosa Contable

Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future
I can't believe the amount of abuse I am having to deal with in these threads!

Quote:
Originally posted by stubbsy71
behave Beatriz, no dirty talk!
Dirty talk? you wish

Gallofa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2002, 03:09 PM   #5
country flag Gallofa
Diosa Contable

Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future
Oh yeah, this is where I say : go Lisa and Rennae! I mean with this being a cheering thread and all...

BTW, I am not sure if Lisa will have to play qualifying here, it would not really be all that bad if she did, she can probably make some points and get some match practice after a few weeks rest. I am hoping she doesn't have to qualify for Zurich though, since if they do well in dubs here, she'd miss the qualifying for Zurich.

Anyone going to Filderstadt?

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 08:13 PM   #6
country flag Kuilli
stubborn procrastinator

Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute
You think that Lisa will actually play qualifying if she doesn't get into the main draw? When was the last time she played qualifying?

Hey, where is the English version of your Arantxa site, Bea??
Old Sep 18th, 2002, 09:33 PM   #7
country flag Gallofa
Diosa Contable

Not sure if she would, but personally, I think she should. She's not 'too good' for qualifying, is she? and if she feels qualifying is beneath her, she's just being silly. She really should start a season one year with the WTA champs in mind - it would be good to see her in one of those events once in her career. If Silvia Farina can make it to the LA champs, so can Lisa.

And nope, that's the whole point, Külli! it's Arantxa Sánchez-Vicario sólo en Español! I am doing it for the Arantxa fans of the world.... learn Spanish! it'll be an added value for their cv... just like Karen learnt Australian because of Rennae

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 11:01 PM   #8
country flag Kuilli
stubborn procrastinator

Yep, I would rather see her playing the qualifying than getting a wild card into the main draw (I think she got a wild card last year). And no way she is 'too good' for qualifying, or at least I hope she doesn't think that. Hehehe...it would be awesome to see her make the year end champs, say next year.

Quote:
it's Arantxa Sánchez-Vicario sólo en Español! I am doing it for the Arantxa fans of the world.... learn Spanish!
Pfffff...hey, can we start with a little simpler Spanish lesson? All that Spanish on the Arantxa's site is making my head spin.

lol @ 'Karen learnt Australian'
Old Sep 19th, 2002, 10:03 AM   #9
stubbsy71

G'day

Actually, I think the thing with qualifying is whether it's done fair. You have to look at the people who have been given W/Cards. Like at Eastbourne this year, was it right to give W/Cards to Anna K and Martina N and then expect someone like Lisa to play the qualifying rounds. Perhaps if Anna K had been made to play more qualifying rounds it would improve her game, but at the end of the day it's all about putting bums on seats isn't it.
Old Sep 19th, 2002, 10:54 AM   #10
country flag Kuilli
stubborn procrastinator

Yeah, but you know Karen that's never gonna change. It's all about money, and Lisa doesn't sell tickets. So, of course they would give Anna K and Martina N wildcards over Lisa. That's just how it is, and it's not worth the effort to whine about. But, as far as Eastbourne goes, there was no question about Lisa not playing qualifying. That would have been just way too many matches for her right before the Wimbledon. Filderstadt is a different story. Like Bea said, they have few weeks off, so if Lisa doesn't get into the main draw, it's probably a good idea for her to play some qualifying matches. But for Zurich, it would be nice if she got into the main draw.
Old Sep 19th, 2002, 01:43 PM   #11
stubbsy71

Well I'm just saying I wouldn't blame Lisa if she doesn't play qualifying cos sometimes isn't done fair.

Where is my little cupcake anyway, heading back to England and into my arms no doubt!!
Old Sep 19th, 2002, 06:42 PM   #12
country flag Kuilli
stubborn procrastinator

I know, Karen. I wouldn't blame her either, just that sometimes playing qualifying might be actually beneficial for her. But, either way, I hope they'll have a great tourney in here!

What, you lost your little cupcake? Last I heard of her, she was translating Arantxa's site into English. Yeah, I know I'm dreaming, so I better start learning Spanish.
Old Sep 19th, 2002, 07:39 PM   #13
country flag Gallofa
Diosa Contable

I am in the UK already, and hey!!! it's NOT raining (yet anyway! )... with no real internet access until at least the end of next week... in any case Filderstadt qualifying is weeks from now!

I don't know about the qualifying, it's possible that some people will withdraw and she'll get direct entry into the main draw, so we can only wait and see!

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 11:47 PM   #14
stubbsy71

You know I don't like Arantxa, so please no publicity on this thread, I will delete this thread if I see any of this mumbo jumbo about the crap spanish one again!!!!
Old Sep 21st, 2002, 11:11 PM   #15
country flag Gallofa
Diosa Contable

Booo!

Karen is a dictator!!! - ok, Arantxa won't be mentioned any more!

Poll of the day: what is more likely to happen (considering their latest results)

a) they'll lose on the first round to a team formed by... let's say Kournikova/Navratilova
b) Lisa won't play the singles, as either Navratilova, Kournikova or a german 15 year old girl will take the last WC.
c) Rennae will be named Australian Fed Cup captain and quit tennis, Lisa will immediatedly change her nationality so that Rennae can put her in the Australian Olympic team for Athens 2004.