Serena should apologise ASAP... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 13th, 2009, 10:46 AM   #1
country flag calico_101

calico_101 is a name known to all calico_101 is a name known to all calico_101 is a name known to all calico_101 is a name known to all calico_101 is a name known to all calico_101 is a name known to all calico_101 is a name known to all calico_101 is a name known to all calico_101 is a name known to all calico_101 is a name known to all calico_101 is a name known to all
Serena should apologise ASAP...

I mean really, she was bang out of order. She needs to own it and apologise.

Not only is it right thing to do but otherwise I can see this following her around to the other other tournaments.

Very disappointed in her behaviour right now.
calico_101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 13th, 2009, 10:54 AM   #2
barmaid

barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future
Thumbs down Re: Serena should apologise ASAP...

Disgraceful exhibition from a professional athlete...it certainly eclipsed Martina's "meltdown" bigtime...always criticized for being a "poor sport" Serena will never live down this ugly display of unsportsman-like behaviour....I didn't see the match but did see the replay of the incident on Sportsdesk and it was right from the "Getto"....the WTA have to take this to a higher level and fine Serena bigtime....its all captured on tape...no denying any of those terrible threatening words.....I was never a supporter of Serena but I certainly appreciated her game and to throw all those accomplishments away with gutter language by "blowing her lid" in such an unprofessional manner will be forever hard to live down. Nice job Serena, don't ever talk about Martina's image being tarnished.....yours just went "down the drain" !
Congratulations to Kim, I'm now hoping she will capture her 2nd U.S. Open victory!

Barmaid
barmaid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2009, 10:55 AM   #3
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serena should apologise ASAP...

Yes - I think this would be the bigger thing for her to do than to be silent and which effectively maintains an I didn't do anything wrong position. It makes a person a stronger person when they can do that and admit they were wrong. She did no favours at her interview and sounded like she was relieved that the reporters there didn't actually hear what she said to the LJ. I'd like her to apologise because she believes that's right. If she does it just because she's told to - Arrg. I'd rather her not do it at all.

It was the heat of the occasion. And she can say that and that she'd let herself down.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2009, 10:58 AM   #4
country flag scheele

scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light

I'd bar her from playing in the next slam if she doesn't apologize.
scheele is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2009, 11:01 AM   #5
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

I'd just bar her...
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2009, 11:10 AM   #6
wipeout

wipeout has a brilliant future wipeout has a brilliant future wipeout has a brilliant future wipeout has a brilliant future wipeout has a brilliant future wipeout has a brilliant future wipeout has a brilliant future wipeout has a brilliant future wipeout has a brilliant future wipeout has a brilliant future wipeout has a brilliant future

If Serena really did threaten the lineswoman then she'd be a fool not to apologise to someone who's one phonecall away from getting her arrested for something with potentially dozens of witnesses and video and/or audio evidence.

Time to get out the credit card and buy the nicest "Sorry" card and the biggest bouquet of flowers in New York I think.
wipeout is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2009, 11:14 AM   #7
country flag chrissiefan

chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold

Serena should just say sorry. It was the heat of the moment, I reacted badly, and I'm sorry. I would have a lot of respect for her, if she did that.
chrissiefan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2009, 11:14 AM   #8
country flag markdelaney

markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future

Somebody whose sister was shot dead in a gangland murder threatens to kill you......

Of course it's an emotional and totally empty threat but I suspect this won't be the end of it.
markdelaney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2009, 11:15 AM   #9
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. Noone deserves to have such vulgarity hurled at them.

I like Serena, but her behaviour was appaling.
Old Sep 13th, 2009, 11:16 AM   #10
country flag austennis

austennis has a brilliant future austennis has a brilliant future austennis has a brilliant future austennis has a brilliant future austennis has a brilliant future austennis has a brilliant future austennis has a brilliant future austennis has a brilliant future austennis has a brilliant future austennis has a brilliant future austennis has a brilliant future

I agree the calls for suspension... if she did this in almost any other sport she would have to go before a tribunal and could face possible bans for several weeks or months. But in tennis shes right back and free to go again - i say give her a ban from defedning AO - a big thing i know - but if you ban her from general tournaments she wont care
Kimmy Clijsters
Martina Hingis
Jarmila Groth
Sharapova Dokic Wozniacki Delaqua Molik Kirilenko Dementieva Na Dani Kvitova
austennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2009, 11:21 AM   #11
country flag is1531

is1531 has much to be proud of is1531 has much to be proud of is1531 has much to be proud of is1531 has much to be proud of is1531 has much to be proud of is1531 has much to be proud of is1531 has much to be proud of is1531 has much to be proud of is1531 has much to be proud of is1531 has much to be proud of is1531 has much to be proud of

[quote=barmaid;16484009]Disgraceful exhibition from a professional athlete...it certainly eclipsed Martina's "meltdown" bigtime...always criticized for being a "poor sport" Serena will never live down this ugly display of unsportsman-like behaviour....I didn't see the match but did see the replay of the incident on Sportsdesk and it was right from the "Getto"....the WTA have to take this to a higher level and fine Serena bigtime....its all captured on tape...no denying any of those terrible threatening words.....I was never a supporter of Serena but I certainly appreciated her game and to throw all those accomplishments away with gutter language by "blowing her lid" in such an unprofessional manner will be forever hard to live down. Nice job Serena, don't ever talk about Martina's image being tarnished.....yours just went "down the drain" !
Congratulations to Kim, I'm now hoping she will capture her 2nd U.S. Open victory!

Serena may be the best player of all time, but I still see her as a lowlife. Hingus lost it at times, but she was the best female entertainer in the history of tennis. People loved to watch her win or lose. After Graf, Hingus was my 2nd favorite tennis player ever. The French hated Martina, because they never forget an argument, but Martina always provied the drama. Drama gets fans excited.
is1531 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2009, 11:21 AM   #12
country flag VeeReeDavJCap81

VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by austennis View Post
I agree the calls for suspension... if she did this in almost any other sport she would have to go before a tribunal and could face possible bans for several weeks or months. But in tennis shes right back and free to go again - i say give her a ban from defedning AO - a big thing i know - but if you ban her from general tournaments she wont care
A ban from the AO for cursing a lines person (when players do it all the time) is absurd. Did Dmitri Tursunov receive a ban from a grand slam when he actually put his hands on a chair umpire a couple years ago?
Old Sep 13th, 2009, 11:27 AM   #13
country flag is1531

is1531 has much to be proud of is1531 has much to be proud of is1531 has much to be proud of is1531 has much to be proud of is1531 has much to be proud of is1531 has much to be proud of is1531 has much to be proud of is1531 has much to be proud of is1531 has much to be proud of is1531 has much to be proud of is1531 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by austennis View Post
I would not ban her from Australia. That is too malicious. Just fine her her 250,000, since she did not hit the lady. If she hit her then she throw the book at her. I have no problem with a player arguing a call, but tone it down just a little without cursing.

It works both ways. I saw Roger Federer only question a call at Roland Garros in 2009 and the French fans started booing Roger. The French always want to overjudge a person for questioning a call. Serena screwed up and should pay a fine for her insubordination. The fans in NY backed Serena, which really pissed me off.
is1531 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2009, 11:30 AM   #14
country flag scheele

scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light

A fine means nothing to someone as rich as her. A 2 slam ban is needed i think.
scheele is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2009, 11:32 AM   #15
country flag BournemouthBoy

BournemouthBoy has much to be proud of BournemouthBoy has much to be proud of BournemouthBoy has much to be proud of BournemouthBoy has much to be proud of BournemouthBoy has much to be proud of BournemouthBoy has much to be proud of BournemouthBoy has much to be proud of BournemouthBoy has much to be proud of BournemouthBoy has much to be proud of BournemouthBoy has much to be proud of BournemouthBoy has much to be proud of

I dont care about Serena upsettingt he line judge, I feel sory for Clijsters whos special moment of making the slam final was taken away by Serena, Serena should have stayed courtside for a few minutes.