Interesting fact: The US Open's winners cheque is the 2nd biggest of the Slams. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 11th, 2009, 10:23 AM   #1
country flag The Kaz
Your fav could never....

The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting fact: The US Open's winners cheque is the 2nd biggest of the Slams.

Using the exchange rate on this site....http://www.xe.com/ucc/ The US Open singles winners cheque is actually the 2nd biggest of the Slams, with the Australian Open being the most generous slam in term of prizemoney to the winner when historically the AO was considered the "poor man's slam" . It is also interesting considering the US Open is historically considered to gave out the most money. Funnier still Wimbledon gives out the least amount of money to the winner of the lot!

2009 Prizemoney (from the official website in their own currency)

Australian Open: AU$2,000,000
Roland Garros: EU$1,060,000
Wimbledon: GBP£850,000
US Open: US$1,600,000

after conversion (to US$)

1. Australian Open: US$1,726,637
2. US Open: US$1,600,000
3. Roland Garros: US$1,546,974
4. Wimbledon: US1,418,819

Australia

Samantha Stosur: US Open Champion 2011

Kerber // Barthel // Jankovic // Dellacqua // Pironkova // Arn // Cohen
Dulgheru // Scheepers // Kanepi // Cetkovska // Lisicki // Niculescu // Errani

The Kaz is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 11th, 2009, 10:26 AM   #2
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Interesting fact: The US Open's winners cheque is the 2nd biggest of the Slams.

That's only because the AUD has really appreciated against the USD right now and some months during last year.

Normally, the exchange rate is a lot less favourable.
Old Sep 11th, 2009, 10:33 AM   #3
country flag Caralenko
Senior Bint.

Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Interesting fact: The US Open's winners cheque is the 2nd biggest of the Slams.

Either way, you wouldn't say "I won't win that one, it doesn't have the most money". Thanks Kaz, didn't know that AO was always considered the poor man's championship, even nowadays when people consider it the least historically relevant.
Caralenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2009, 10:35 AM   #4
country flag Rafito.
Salvatore.

Rafito. has a reputation beyond repute Rafito. has a reputation beyond repute Rafito. has a reputation beyond repute Rafito. has a reputation beyond repute Rafito. has a reputation beyond repute Rafito. has a reputation beyond repute Rafito. has a reputation beyond repute Rafito. has a reputation beyond repute Rafito. has a reputation beyond repute Rafito. has a reputation beyond repute Rafito. has a reputation beyond repute

The Australian Dollar is very consistant lately. I think our Currency is gaining 0.6 cents per day.
Rafito. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2009, 10:44 AM   #5
country flag The Kaz
Your fav could never....

The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
That's only because the AUD has really appreciated against the USD right now and some months during last year.

Normally, the exchange rate is a lot less favourable.
The AO announced its 2009 prizemoney in Oct/Nov of 2008...when the AO dollar bought 80 US cents.

Old Sep 11th, 2009, 10:45 AM   #6
country flag The Kaz
Your fav could never....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caraleede View Post
Either way, you wouldn't say "I won't win that one, it doesn't have the most money". Thanks Kaz, didn't know that AO was always considered the poor man's championship, even nowadays when people consider it the least historically relevant.
I know. I just thought it was interesting

Old Sep 11th, 2009, 10:45 AM   #7
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

doing the exchange rate today is pretty pointless when the rates were alot different when tourn paid out.
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2009, 10:55 AM   #8
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kaz View Post
The AO announced its 2009 prizemoney in Oct/Nov of 2008...when the AO dollar bought 80 US cents.
It's not about the exchange rate on a specific day but long term trends.
Old Sep 11th, 2009, 12:09 PM   #9
country flag belzebub

belzebub is a name known to all belzebub is a name known to all belzebub is a name known to all belzebub is a name known to all belzebub is a name known to all belzebub is a name known to all belzebub is a name known to all belzebub is a name known to all belzebub is a name known to all belzebub is a name known to all belzebub is a name known to all

Gold & commodity prizes boost the AU$
belzebub is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote