Lindsay is playing now too - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 01:03 PM   #1
ColinB

ColinB is just really nice ColinB is just really nice ColinB is just really nice ColinB is just really nice ColinB is just really nice ColinB is just really nice ColinB is just really nice ColinB is just really nice ColinB is just really nice ColinB is just really nice ColinB is just really nice
Lindsay is playing now too

have just seen that Lindsay Davenport has entered too - which makes it the best Moscow entry yet! It will be interesting to see whether anyone such as Venus or Jennifer pulls out?

The WTA also have Venus down to head Filderstadt the following week when it was meant to be Serena? Venus has already pulled out of Brazil and Zurich - so I wouldn't be surprised to see her pull out of Moscow too!!!

Does anyone know how long Lindsay's special injury ranking / seeding is going to last for? It was only meant to last for her first 4 events which took her up to New Haven - yet it was still in use at the US Open. I had heard from 2 very good reliable sources that she had threatened to sue the WTA if the did not give her a protected seeding like they had done for Graf and Seles in the past - quite rightly so as she was Number One when she was injured. The WTA change the rules as they go along though typically as they proved by not stopping the protected seeding after her 4th event and before the showcase US Open!!!
ColinB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 02:54 PM   #2
supremeross

supremeross is just really nice supremeross is just really nice supremeross is just really nice supremeross is just really nice supremeross is just really nice supremeross is just really nice supremeross is just really nice supremeross is just really nice supremeross is just really nice supremeross is just really nice supremeross is just really nice
I think Lindsay is conserned that she won't be able to defend all her points and titles from last year and is not that far from dropping from the top 10. Very interesting. But will she have enough in her tank to get through LA and the Year End Championship where she has final points to defend??? And I think she's trying to get and stay inside the top 8 by the AO to avoid a chance of meeting a top 8 seed in the 4th round of the AO. Very, very interesting.
Old Sep 17th, 2002, 03:13 PM   #3
QUEENLINDSAY

QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future
thanks for the info.

But, are you sure Lindsay is playing???? I hope so.
Where did you get the news?

Monica,Kim,Jelena
QUEENLINDSAY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2002, 02:28 AM   #4
ColinB

ColinB is just really nice ColinB is just really nice ColinB is just really nice ColinB is just really nice ColinB is just really nice ColinB is just really nice ColinB is just really nice ColinB is just really nice ColinB is just really nice ColinB is just really nice ColinB is just really nice
I got the news from the WTA London office
Old Sep 18th, 2002, 06:00 AM   #5
King Lindsay

King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point
Lindsay's protected ranking was due to be reviewed after four tournaments, and since she's done well since her comeback, it has been held up and extended. For how long, I don't know. This is just what was mentioned on TV at the USO.

Where did you hear that Davenport threatened to sue the WTA? I highly, highly, highly, highly, highly doubt that is true.
King Lindsay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2002, 02:09 PM   #6
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
This is fantastic news! I swear I was just thinking, I wish Lindsay would play in this Tier 1 event & snag some points!

Now if only Monica would come along too! Hey, why not? It's not Germany!
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2002, 02:14 PM   #7
ColinB

I know - it would have been ideal for Monica to play here andpick up some points along with Zurich - but understand that she needs a rest. She has entered Zurich, and IF she turns up and plays there, maybe she will ask for wild-card into Linz the following week - it has a weaker entry - just Serena, Henin and Dokic (where doesn't she play?) so far... Linz would be good for Monica.
Old Sep 18th, 2002, 02:27 PM   #8
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
Monica could only enter if another GOLD Exempt played withdrew
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2002, 07:13 PM   #9
QUEENLINDSAY

QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future
Is this news really confirmed????
Come on, I'm really getting excited coz I miss Lindsay so much!!!!
Can anybody confirm this besides ColinB?

Monica,Kim,Jelena
Old Sep 18th, 2002, 10:14 PM   #10
country flag BK4ever

BK4ever has disabled reputation
Eggy, I thought the Gold Exempt WC already went to Anna. If so, how did Lindsay get in?

Serena, Madison, Taylor, Sloane, Gaby, Sloane, Heather, Sachia,Victoria, Sania
Coco, Beatrice, Jessica, Christina, Lauren, Robin, Dinara, Noppy, Mia, Flavia
Kaia, Aga, Urzula, Tamira, Gisela, Timea, Veras, ALG, Klina, Wozi, Sveta, Vikas, Misa
BK4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2002, 12:02 AM   #11
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Yes I was wondering the same thing about Lindsay? And her name is not up on the website yet -- I hope it is true that she is coming!
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2002, 01:23 AM   #12
ColinB

It is on the WTA weekly Notes and Netcords too. I still have it on email if anyone wants it?
Old Sep 19th, 2002, 03:04 AM   #13

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
Lindsay can get in if a GOLD Exempt player withdraws
as she is at the near top of that list, she gets in if she wants to play.

so i wonder who withdrew ???
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
Old Sep 19th, 2002, 03:07 AM   #14

part of the late entry ruling of GOLD EXEMPT Status
b. Late Entries
All Gold Exempt Players may enter Tournaments late after the Official entry deadline up until the Qualifying sign-in deadline or in no Qualifying, by 4:00pm the Friday prior to the start of the tournament. If a Gold Exempt Player withdraws from a Tournament, a Gold Exempt Player waiting to get into the Tournament will move in first above all other players waiting if her ranking is 35 or better on the ranking used for player movement. If a Non-Gold Exempt Player withdraws from a Tournament, the highest ranked singles player waiting to get in will move in first.
Old Sep 19th, 2002, 04:09 PM   #15
QUEENLINDSAY

yes ColinB pls email it to me.
michfer_2000@yahoo.com

Monica,Kim,Jelena