Hopman-Cup 2010 - so far confirmed - and expected - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 7th, 2009, 10:23 PM   #16
country flag MH0861

MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hopman-Cup 2010 - so far confirmed - and expected

Russia should be Kirilenko/Andreev
MH0861 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 8th, 2009, 01:25 PM   #17
country flag Consigliere

Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold

Andy Murray what a get for the Hopman!

Now I hope Nole will get a partner and USA with Oudin plays.
Consigliere is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 05:27 PM   #18
country flag Broseghini

Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute

Why not Vaidisova/Stepanek..
She can win one match in Exhibition event..

MARIA KIRILENKO | ALIZE CORNET | MARIA SHARAPOVA
MARION BARTOLI | JELENA JANKOVIC | DINARA SAFINA | ANA IVANOVIC
Broseghini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 08:16 PM   #19
country flag TeamUla

TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute

A.Radwanska/Ł.Kubot would be nice. Both are solid doubles players. Agnieszka's accomplished in singles as well. Kubot is always unpredictable so he can also get some wins in singles.

www.teamula.com. Are YOU team Ula ENOUGH?
TeamUla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2009, 01:12 PM   #20
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantastic View Post
What about Israel? Dudi Sela and Shahar Peer? Sela is at an all-time rankings high and Peer has been a guiding light for Israeli tennis.

I'd like to see Murray and Robson, mainly for Laura not Andy.

Not sold on Kohlschreiber. Would prefer Tommy Haas with Sabine Lisicki. I know they like new names, but the name "Kohlschreiber" is anything but attractive lol.

Would also have preferred to see Dmitry Tursunov with Elena Dementieva instead of Igor Andreev. Mainly because Tursunov is more of a "star" than Andreev, having been a past champion as well.

Kazakhstan now have Andrey Golubev and Yaroslava Shvedova, so I'd like to see them pulled out of the Asian Hopman Cup and given a berth straight into the main event.

France with Tsonga and Mauresmo would be huge. Both very popular and blessed with athleticism and flair. Would attract a good crowd. But Mauresmo has semi-final Brisbane points to defend. In that case, forget Bartoli as she has Brisbane finals points to defend. That leaves Virginie Razzano. Eek.

Without a James Blake or a Serena Williams signed on, the US may not even make it to the Hopman Cup this year. If it's not the both of them, then it may well be one of them with either Sam Querrey or Melanie Oudin.

Canada, maybe? Aleksandra Wozniak and Frank Dancevic. Sounds good. Both young.

Serbia hasn't set the world on fire like it did last year, so I don't expect to see them back. Without Novak Djokovic and either Jelena Jankovic or Ana Ivanovic, there's no point anyway. Also, it sounds like Elena Dementieva and Andy Murray are the headlining acts for next year.

Such a shame that Slovak Republic can't come back to defend their title as Dominika Cibulkova really went from strength to strength after her Hopman debut. Dominik Hrbaty really impressed with his performance at the Cup too but he is retiring.

I doubt Kim Clijsters is even thinking as far ahead as the Hopman Cup. She would be a coup, but it would be a case of too quickly too soon. She has no real male counterpart. Steve Darcis, Kristof Vliegen and Olivier Rochus don't exactly inspire the imagination.

The Czechs are really boring, so screw them... Spain are in a bit of a boom with Fernando Verdasco and Maria Jose Martinez emerging this year... If only the Swiss could get a female player to sign on the dotted line with Roger Federer, they would be in. Patty Schnyder isn't really playing well and Timea Bacsinszky is not looking bright just yet. Maybe Martina Hingis should make a comeback. Her doping ban has been lifted and she played exhibitions in her time off, so... Aaargh, the possibilities!
Oh no you didn't!

She & Him @ Melkweg "The Max", Amsterdam 6th May 2010
DutchieGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2009, 01:15 PM   #21
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseghini View Post
Yeah - the mixed doubles.

Old Sep 12th, 2009, 09:38 PM   #22
country flag JOCHEBEL

JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of

Hopman Cup is my favourite event of the year and I'd love to see an Argentinian team conformed by Gisela Dulko and Juan Martin Del Potro, and a Belgian team (Kim Clijsters with Oli Rochus or Wickmayer with Darcis, the newest it could be interesting)

An Ukranian team will be very nice, maybe Alona Bondrenko/Stakhovsky...

Rumanian team : Cirstea/Hanescu, i think it will be hard to beat them

well, these are other alternatives but Argentina and Belgium must be in Hopman Cup
Vakulenko · Muller · Santangelo · Bammer · Dulko · Bartoli · A.Bondarenko · Clisjters · Henin · Yakimova
FITD Estoril '09 Kuala Lumpur '11
JOCHEBEL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2009, 09:40 PM   #23
country flag JOCHEBEL

JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of

Petzschner / Lisicki
Vakulenko · Muller · Santangelo · Bammer · Dulko · Bartoli · A.Bondarenko · Clisjters · Henin · Yakimova
Old Sep 17th, 2009, 02:18 AM   #24
country flag Привет

Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute

These are the teams I'd love to see.

Argentina: Dulko/del Potro
Canada: Wozniak/Polansky
France: Mladenovic/Simon, Mauresmo/Monfils
USA: V. Williams/Querrey, Oudin/Querrey
Serbia: Ivanovic/Djokovic
Spain: Suarez Navarro/Almagro
Denmark: Wozniacki/Pless
Slovakia: Hantuchova/Hrbaty
Czech Republic: Kvitova/Berdych, Vaidisova/Berdych

And then teams I would like to see in Asian Hopman Cup.

Japan: Morita/Nishikori, Date-Krumm/Nishikori
India: Mirza/Devvarman
Kazakhstan: Shvedova/Golubev
Chinese Taipei: Chang/Lu, Chan/Lu
China: Peng/whoever, Zheng/whoever
Привет is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2009, 06:55 AM   #25
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

Old Sep 17th, 2009, 10:36 AM   #26
country flag Привет

Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, but whoever said the Czech's are boring was right.

Whenever they play, they always field a strong team, but play terribly and are so dull to watch. Even when I like the players I find them boring at HC, I dunno what it is.
Old Sep 17th, 2009, 02:54 PM   #27
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

Seems to me you just don;t want Lucie to play. That's OK - she can play Brisbane and maybe I can go watch!

Old Sep 17th, 2009, 11:35 PM   #28
country flag AdmiralVale

AdmiralVale is just really nice AdmiralVale is just really nice AdmiralVale is just really nice AdmiralVale is just really nice AdmiralVale is just really nice AdmiralVale is just really nice AdmiralVale is just really nice AdmiralVale is just really nice AdmiralVale is just really nice AdmiralVale is just really nice AdmiralVale is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseghini View Post

I'd like to see:
Belgium: Clijsters/Darcis or Rochus
Romania: Cirstea/Hanescu
Italy: Pennetta/Bolelli again..
Ana Ivanovic ~ Sorana Cirstea ~ Flavia Pennetta
~~
Novak Djokovic ~ Rafael Nadal
AdmiralVale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 01:24 AM   #29
country flag JOCHEBEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Привет View Post
These are the teams I'd love to see.

Argentina: Dulko/del Potro
Canada: Wozniak/Polansky
France: Mladenovic/Simon, Mauresmo/Monfils
USA: V. Williams/Querrey, Oudin/Querrey
Spain: Suarez Navarro/Almagro
Denmark: Wozniacki/Pless
Slovakia: Hantuchova/Hrbaty
Czech Republic: Kvitova/Berdych, Vaidisova/Berdych

And then teams I would like to see in Asian Hopman Cup.

Japan: Morita/Nishikori, Date-Krumm/Nishikori
India: Mirza/Devvarman
Kazakhstan: Shvedova/Golubev
Chinese Taipei: Chang/Lu, Chan/Lu
China: Peng/whoever, Zheng/whoever
Dulko/Del Potro

Japanese and Indian team are very good ideas

Belgium must be in 2010 edition
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 01:30 AM   #30
country flag Привет

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchieGirl View Post
Seems to me you just don;t want Lucie to play. That's OK - she can play Brisbane and maybe I can go watch!
No, I don't want any Czechs to play. But if they do come back, at least Kvitova or Vaidisova would be someone new. I don't really like seeing the same teams playing year after year, especially if they weren't successful.