Safina talking out of her a** about being #1 vs winning GS - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 4th, 2009, 03:21 AM   #1
country flag LightWarrior

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute
Safina talking out of her a** about being #1 vs winning GS

I cannot believe she said that, right after her 2nd round match, so funny, priceless :

Q. Kim Clijsters said yesterday that about the No. 1 issue she said, I hope Dinara is not letting it bother her or not thinking about it. I was in the same situation and I was No. 1 and hadn't won a Grand Slam. Is it something that enters your mind at all?
DINARA SAFINA: As I said before, when she she was in the same situation as I am, you know. But nobody will take it away from me. There are so many players who won a Grand Slam and where they are now? Nowhere. Some of the players you don't even know that they won a Grand Slam. You look and say like, Oh, my gosh, she won.
But No. 1 will always stay there. The people will remember you by No. 1, not by winning a Grand Slam.

Seriously this girl needs to defend herself better than that to be credible.
Advertisement

Old Sep 4th, 2009, 03:24 AM   #2
country flag goldenslam888

goldenslam888 is a splendid one to behold goldenslam888 is a splendid one to behold goldenslam888 is a splendid one to behold goldenslam888 is a splendid one to behold goldenslam888 is a splendid one to behold goldenslam888 is a splendid one to behold goldenslam888 is a splendid one to behold goldenslam888 is a splendid one to behold goldenslam888 is a splendid one to behold goldenslam888 is a splendid one to behold goldenslam888 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Safina talking out of her a** about being #1 vs winning GS

actually, she is right. except that she needs to add a "year-end" in front of that #1.
goldenslam888 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 03:25 AM   #3
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder why does she show up at the slams in the first place, if they're not all that important lol
WowWow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 03:29 AM   #4
country flag spiritedenergy

spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute

delusional watch!
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 03:33 AM   #5
country flag youizahoe
12 and countin'

youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute

LOL you are remembered for both. The slams actually should indicate the rank, cause everyone dreams about getting a slam first and then the number 1 rank.
youizahoe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 03:37 AM   #6
joz

joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold

Yep... she needs a new coach or she needs to retire... her style of going for broke on every point is always going to disappoint the tennis world because the errors will dominate in many matches.
I will say though, that we've had fewer #1 players in WTA than we've had GS winners in WTA.
joz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 03:39 AM   #7
joz

joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneres. View Post
LOL you are remembered for both. The slams actually should indicate the rank, cause everyone dreams about getting a slam first and then the number 1 rank.
The slams have too many players that are weak and should be narrowed to one week with the best 32 players... maybe even round-robin to get to quarters or something... and then give a day of rest... and have quarters, semis and finals.
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 03:40 AM   #8
country flag LightWarrior

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingfails999 View Post
DINARA SAFINA: "There are so many players who won a Grand Slam and where they are now? "
Retired ?
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 03:42 AM   #9
country flag LeonHart

LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute

Well she is partly right. If you're not a multi-slam winner you'll probably be forgotten by the next generation.

Sorana Cirstea - Stefanie Voegele - Michelle Larcher de Brito - Alexandra Dulgheru

Martina I will miss you!!
LeonHart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 03:43 AM   #10
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There are so many players who won a Grand Slam and where they are now?
At number 2
WowWow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 03:43 AM   #11
joz

Quote:
Retired ?
Ana's not reitred... and while she's won a slam... I'd argue til next year that she's the worst #1 ever.
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 03:46 AM   #12
Clumsythief

Clumsythief is a name known to all Clumsythief is a name known to all Clumsythief is a name known to all Clumsythief is a name known to all Clumsythief is a name known to all Clumsythief is a name known to all Clumsythief is a name known to all Clumsythief is a name known to all Clumsythief is a name known to all Clumsythief is a name known to all Clumsythief is a name known to all

We will probably remember her as one of the worst #1 and that hasn't won a GS. God I hate her.
Clumsythief is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 03:46 AM   #13
joz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonHart View Post
Well she is partly right. If you're not a multi-slam winner you'll probably be forgotten by the next generation.
Good point... Sveta has two slams... and I love her and think she clearly has some of the best skills in the game... if not the best.
But I know, and hear it from my friends often, that she is not attractive to the marketing world, and will probably be less remembered than players who achieve less than she does.
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 03:47 AM   #14
country flag Donny

Donny has a reputation beyond repute Donny has a reputation beyond repute Donny has a reputation beyond repute Donny has a reputation beyond repute Donny has a reputation beyond repute Donny has a reputation beyond repute Donny has a reputation beyond repute Donny has a reputation beyond repute Donny has a reputation beyond repute Donny has a reputation beyond repute Donny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nonsense. At the WORST you'll be remembered as a one slam wonder.
Donny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 03:47 AM   #15
country flag Tennisstar86

Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
the same will be for her if she doesnt get a slam... lets not kid ourselves......

People remember that Martina won 5 slams not how long she was #1.....
People remember Amelie won 2 slams not that she was #1
People remember that Venus has 7 slams and most are shocked (who didnt know beforehand unless told) that she only spent 11 weeks at number 1...

I heard this, and Dinara is deluding herself if she thinks she gonna be remember for anything if she doesnt get a slam....

Serena Williams

Sharapova

Hantuchova
Tennisstar86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote