S6 Week 22, Toronto, CAN, Premier - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 30th, 2009, 07:52 PM   #1
country flag champion88

champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute
S6 Week 22, Toronto, CAN, Premier

TORONTO

Welcome to the buzzing Canadian city of Toronto for the next stop on the OWTT Tour. Since the start of the US swing 2 weeks ago, Cornet and Vaidisova have been the leaders of the pack, picking up titles in Stanford and Los Angeles, respectively.

There are just 2 events left before the US Open so this event could be pivotal for seedings.

S1 – (4) Bondarenko (ret) def. Davenport 1-6 6-0 7-6(4)
S2 – (7) Hantuchova def. Lisicki 6-2 6-2
S3 – Cirstea (ret) def. (5) Vaidisova 6-2 4-6 7-6(5)
S4 – (10) Li def. Schnyder 2-6 6-1 7-5
S5 – (1) Hantuchova def. (7) Li 6-3 6-4

Points to Defend

Tulyaganova – 10
Chakvetadze – 10
Azarenka – 10
Cornet – 10
Seles – 10
Olaru – 10
Jankovic – 10
Lucic – 10
Peer – 30
Sprem – 30
Petrova – 30
Kirilenko – 30
Mattek-Sands – 30
Schiavone – 30
Sharapova – 30
Safarova – 30
Benesova – 30
Vaidisova – 30
Clijsters – 30
Lisicki – 80
Karatantcheva – 80
Schnyder – 80
Bartoli – 80
V.Williams – 80
Srebotnik – 80
Davenport – 150
Dulko – 150
Zvonareva – 150
Kournikova – 230
Zheng – 230
Li – 350
Hantuchova – 500

Qualifying

Jankovic Vs. S.Williams
Larcher de Brito Vs. Karatantcheva

Main Draw

(1) Hantuchova Vs. Kirilenko
Mattek-Sands Vs. Cornet
Chakvetadze Vs. Bartoli
Clijsters Vs. (6) Seles

(5) Peer Vs. Olaru
Benesova Vs. Qualifier
Qualifier Vs. Lucic
Vaidisova Vs. (3) Davenport

(4) Schnyder Vs. Schiavone
Petrova Vs. Zheng
Lisicki Vs. Sharapova
Washington Vs. (8) Kournikova

(7) Tulyaganova Vs. Zvonareva
Azarenka Vs. Safarova
Sprem Vs. Dulko
Srebotnik Vs. (2) Li

POINTS DUE TUESDAY 12PM

Last edited by champion88 : Aug 31st, 2009 at 09:38 AM.
champion88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 30th, 2009, 07:52 PM   #2
country flag champion88

champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: S6 Week 22, Toronto, CAN, Premier

Top 1/4 is stacked!!!
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 01:09 AM   #3
country flag Justin SW
Member of Rena's Army

Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco tennis View Post
I think you need a class on what criticism is . Serena sucks not the game Whatever, Serena will play only big events until the end of the year.

Serena's Schedule:

1. Toronto
2. Us Open
3. Tokyo
4. Beijing
BUMP

Justin SW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 03:58 AM   #4
country flag Daniela-Is-Mine
Welcome to the Tragic Kingdom

Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute

Will you send me my points back please

Agnieska, Magdalena, Katya
Jelena, Iveta, Anna, Stefanie, Andrea H, Angelique, Klara
Retired: Justine, ElenaD, Camille, Ai, Zuzana, Martina, Agnes, Alona, Kim, Marion
Daniela-Is-Mine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 09:48 AM   #5
country flag champion88

Interview : Daniela Hantuchova

With just 2 weeks to go before the US Open, we decided to have a catch-up with world #2 Daniela Hantuchova...

Q: You have gone deep the last 3 weeks, either making the semis or the final. Are you where you want to be right now in terms of preparation for the US Open?

The US Open Series is all about building confidence for the Open. I keep getting better each tournament. The Americn hard court season brings back so many memories as I have taken every title except for New Haven. I feel if I keep playing tough I'll peak at Flushing meadows. It's about time I won another Slam.

Q: You are defending champion this week. However, the tournament is being played in Toronto rather than Montreal this season. Are the conditions different here and do you think this will alter your gameplan at all?

Well Ive been lucky enough to play infront of the Canadian crowds; They have such an energy that have helped me win a title at both Montreal and Toronto. However, the courts are a bit different, for instance I will have to be more patient in Toronto because the court is slower. I know if I play my game I will definitly do well, so that my plan.

Q: You face a tough opponent in the first round - Maria Kirilenko. Can you tell us a little about your opponent and your thoughts on that match?

Maria is a phenomenal player. She won a GS and has a smart, agressive style that's great on all surfaces. With that said, I do lead the head to head and I think if I play well, I can beat her. It will be tough, but tennis wouldnt be tennis without great opponents!!

Q: You could face Cornet in the second round here this week. She has been playing very well and beat you a couple of times in the last few weeks. How are you going to adapt your game to try and beat her this time round?

Alize and I have a great rivalry yet are quite good friends so facing her brings me a mix of sadness and thrill. As I said before, I need to capatilize on exposing her flaws... We'll see if we both make it to round 2 though first!

Q: Venus Williams has gone on a break from the tour even though she has her US Open defence coming up.Can you give us your reaction to the news?

Who cares...I'm the GOAT! She is just a sore loser - I would have got the #1 back after the US Open anyway so whatever!
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 12:08 PM   #6
country flag Joee

Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of

Can you send me my points too please Chrissy

Serena Williams / Venus Williams / Petra Kvitova / Jelena Jankovic / Francesca Schiavone / Sabine Lisicki / Agneiszka Radwanska /

Joee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 11:48 AM   #7
country flag champion88

Ayone able to do R64/32?
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 12:21 PM   #8
country flag Daniela-Is-Mine
Welcome to the Tragic Kingdom

Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute

Please someone... I cant I have to leave for the open soon.
Will you send me my round of 32 result chris?

Agnieska, Magdalena, Katya
Jelena, Iveta, Anna, Stefanie, Andrea H, Angelique, Klara
Retired: Justine, ElenaD, Camille, Ai, Zuzana, Martina, Agnes, Alona, Kim, Marion
Daniela-Is-Mine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 12:32 PM   #9
country flag Joee

Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of

Ill post!

Serena Williams / Venus Williams / Petra Kvitova / Jelena Jankovic / Francesca Schiavone / Sabine Lisicki / Agneiszka Radwanska /

Old Sep 1st, 2009, 12:42 PM   #10
country flag Joee

R64

Jankovic def. S.Williams 6-4 6-4

Old Sep 1st, 2009, 12:44 PM   #11
country flag Joee

R64

Karatantcheva def. Larcher de Brito 7-6(4)* 7-5

Last edited by Joee : Sep 1st, 2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 12:45 PM   #12
country flag Joee

R32

(1) Hantuchova def. Kirilenko 6-4 0-6 6-4

Old Sep 1st, 2009, 12:47 PM   #13
country flag Joee

R32

Cornet def. Mattek-Sands 6-0 6-3

Old Sep 1st, 2009, 12:48 PM   #14
country flag Joee

R32

Bartoli def. Chakvetadze 6-4 6-3

Old Sep 1st, 2009, 12:50 PM   #15
country flag Joee

R32

Clijsters def. (6) Seles 0-6 6-3* 6-1

Kim was later found out about her addiction to cocaine.