Nina's News, Articles, Interviews. - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 28th, 2011, 08:43 PM   #226
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nina's News, Articles, Interviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFS View Post
A. RADWANSKA/Y. Wickmayer

6 4, 6 4

YANINA WICKMAYER

Q. I would like to know, what was missing for you to repeat what you did in the Fed Cup?
YANINA WICKMAYER: Well, her forehand is her weakness, but she did everything she could to prevent me from using my backhand down the line. She did it really well.
Sometimes I could win some very good points, but I did not always have a chance to be aggressive enough. She gave it all. She did a good match, and I did not did my best match.

Q. Should you feel sorry about one thing regarding this match, what would it be?
YANINA WICKMAYER: Well, sometimes I could have been more aggressive, especially on my serve, 4 All in the first set. But I think she's the kind of person who played the right kind of game today. She kept me very long on my backhand. She played her best shots all the time. That made the difference.

Q. She varies her game a lot. Is she the kind of opponent who always brings everything a back and does not play on a given pace? Are you disturbed by that kind of player?
YANINA WICKMAYER: Yes, I think so. And on clay, my shots do not hurt as much as they would on a faster surface. I had to fight for every single point and for every single winning shot. All my shots had to be perfect before I could win a point.
She did a good match. She varied a lot. It wasn't easy.

Q. So what will be the summary of this week and this tournament?
YANINA WICKMAYER: Well, I played some good matches. Today I lost to somebody who's got far more experience at this level than I have.
She played the way she was supposed to play against me, and I could not find the solution to beat her today. I think it's overall positive. I did a good tournament.
Q. What do you think? You're close to the top 20; you've already played a semifinal in a Grand Slam. Here it's third round again like last year. What's lacking? You're still young, but what's lacking for you to go one step further?
YANINA WICKMAYER: Well, as I said two days ago, I need to find a balance between being aggressive and not making too many mistakes. My serve is something that I need to work on. I need to improve my first serve percentage, and that's very important. In all my matches this percentage is still too low, and that's I lose points.
So I still can improve a lot. But all in all, it's positive.

Q. What about next week and the following weeks? What's on your schedule, especially regarding your back?
YANINA WICKMAYER: Well, I'll take a few days off, see how my back is recovering, and then I will start preparing I'll do some fitness for the lawn tournaments, s'Hertogenbosch, and especially Wimbledon.
So I'll start preparing myself physically, and then go on the tournaments.

Q. You're really crazy about tennis. You think about tennis all the time. You sleep thinking about tennis. Are you going to follow the rest of the tournament on TV?
YANINA WICKMAYER: Well, yes, if there are some interesting matches.

Q. Who do you see winning this year in the women's draw? Who's your favorite?
YANINA WICKMAYER: Well, the draw is very open. It's very difficult to say. Sharapova plays very well right now. She might win.
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 18th, 2011, 05:36 AM   #227
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/ten...ory?id=6663588

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 08:09 AM   #228
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute

Nina
Wert. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 05:52 AM   #229
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/201201...256076_2571543

Old Jan 17th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #230
country flag Sam.

Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of

"Since mid 2011 reports have emerged that she is in a relationship with former Lierse S.K. footballer Jérôme Vanderzijl."

Sam. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 03:01 AM   #231
country flag hellas719

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/201201...256076_2565420

Old Mar 24th, 2012, 08:49 PM   #232
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What is your most memorable moment on court?

Probably my semifinals run in the U.S. Open and some Fed Cup moments.

If you weren’t a tennis player, what would you be?

I chose between tennis and skiing, so maybe a skier.

If you could play against any player in history, who would it be and why?

I’ve actually never played Serena [Williams]. I look up to her a lot and have a lot of respect for her. She’s one of the biggest champions in women’s tennis, so maybe her.

Are you and Serena friends off-court?

No, never talked to her. (Laughs)

If you’re hosting a party, what three tennis players do you invite?

Probably [Gael] Monfils because of his dancing skills. And then the girls is tough to choose – I don’t want to be picky on them. (Laughs) But ‘Who would I invite?’ Hmm, Sabine Lisicki and Dominika [Cibulkova]. She’s a fun girl also.

What two things can’t you live without?

My dad. And …. I guess, happiness! (Laughs)
http://www.tennisgrandstand.com/arch...sGrandStand%29
Old Mar 24th, 2012, 08:54 PM   #233
country flag WhoAmI?

munize8 ‏ @munize8

For those who dont know Yanina Wickmayer being coached by @VanGrichen who was hired by @pmouratoglou to help her
Old Apr 25th, 2012, 11:58 AM   #234
country flag benbest

benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/953/Tennis/...se-coach.dhtml

Yanina is no longer working with Patrick Mouratoglou, because of communication problems and not following agreements. Ann Devries could be her new coach.
benbest is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2012, 05:16 AM   #235
country flag Brαm

Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute

She's already had so many coaches No wonder she's slumping at the moment...
Brαm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2012, 03:17 PM   #236
country flag Sam.

Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of

I hope she not gonna choose Devries again, this girl have been coach of almost all belgian players (still with Flipkens and Mestach..) and i don't know, i hate her fedcup choices
Old Apr 26th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #237
country flag Brαm

Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute

What's wrong with Devries's Fed Cup choices?
Brαm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2012, 04:08 PM   #238
country flag Sam.

Let a girl playing in the 2nd day when she was crappy the first day Yanina/Alison was clearly not the best pair to make.
Old Apr 27th, 2012, 05:20 AM   #239
country flag Brαm

Overzicht van de coaches van Wickmayer

vanaf 2002 Ann Devries

juni 2006 - juni 2007 Michelle Bouhoulle

juli 2007 Wim Fissette

oktober 2008 Glen Schaap

december 2008 Carlos Rodriguez/Philippe Dehaes

april 2009 Ann Devries

oktober 2009 Billy Wilkinson

januari 2010 Patrick Mouratoglou

augustus 2010 Ann Devries/Michiel Antheunis

februari 2011 Vladimir Platenik