Glad that Venus and Serena are in the same half this time around - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 27th, 2009, 08:33 PM   #1
country flag LightWarrior

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute
Glad that Venus and Serena are in the same half this time around

Aside from Wimbledon where they are clearly the best I've realized that it's best for the WS and for tennis in general to be in opposite halves in GS. And even the Wimbledon final left me with a bittersweet outcome. If they both can make it to the semis I'm looking forward to a great match, and the winner will be all pumped up for the title.
Advertisement

Old Aug 27th, 2009, 08:42 PM   #2
country flag tennislover

tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Glad that Venus and Serena are in the same half this time around

agreed

Martina Navratilova

Most career titles (singles+doubles):Navratilova
Most Wimbledon singles titles: Navratilova
Most Wimbledon singles and doubles titles: Navratilova
Most WTA Tour Championship singles titles: Navratilova
Most WTA Tour Championship doubles titles: Navratilova
tennislover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 08:53 PM   #3
country flag Dodoboy.

Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute

Same, much better
Dodoboy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 08:54 PM   #4
country flag Foxy

Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute

The wta was not gonna put them on opposite sides so they can leave with all of the money like they've done the past 4 years at Wimbledon.

the russians and serbs were hyped up by Carillo, Shriver, and MFJ and now they can't deliver.

Maria was put in that top half so a sister would eliminate her no-serving, slow butt during the first week.

With Dinara they don't want Venus or Serena to embarass her and expose her fake ranking anymore.

Jelena and Ana are jokes in themselves.

It's funny how the wta will give maria these easy draws to ensure she makes it to the second round, but it's always a lower ranked player to knock her out the first week.

I'm glad to see Kimmy back, but she won't beat a Williams during this tournament. Kimmy should have been in that top half of the draw instead of Dinara, Maria, Jelena, and Ana. They've been given enough easy draws in grand slams.

I can't wait til Justine comes back because the tournament needs her too.
Foxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 08:58 PM   #5
country flag Hurley
Enemy of Art

Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
The wta was not gonna put them on opposite sides so they can leave with all of the money like they've done the past 4 years at Wimbledon.
Wimbledon and the US Open are not WTA tournaments They have nothing to do with the draw
http://thetenniscult.mirrorz.com's company tooooooooooo

I am on der Tvitter, accumulating haters. http://twitter.com/#!/Hurley_LLC
Hurley is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 09:04 PM   #6
country flag nfl46

nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of

Darn! I wanted all the money to go to the Williams family in the final! HAHA! ONE BIG CHECK! I guess the committee wasn't going to allow this to happen, hahaha.
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 09:07 PM   #7
country flag HRHoliviasmith

HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute

Normally I don't care but for some reason, I reallly wanted them to be on opposite sides this time around. Anyway as long as Serena wins their possible match-up it's whatever.

I will never foret you SGT. TIMMYKINZ! You are one of a kind. When you come back pretend that you're a fan of "it" and the mods will look the other way.
HRHoliviasmith is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 09:09 PM   #8
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

I prefer for them to be on the same half, too. It makes rooting for someone in the final a lot easier.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 09:24 PM   #9
country flag Foxy

Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wimbledon and the US Open are not WTA tournaments They have nothing to do with the draw
True, but the tournament directors for the US Open do not want the Williams sisters walking away with all of the money.

This top draw was designed to ensure that Maria makes it to the second round because she's ranked low and a Williams would knock her out before the second week.

Venus beat Dinara and Elena so badly that they don't want them to face Venus.

Dinara can't beat Serena on her best day, and they believe Elena would have a better chance because she normally gives Serena trouble.

Jelena is just an over worked horse with a bad serve and no energy to do any damage. And Ana was just over hyped and can't deliver.

Kutzy has a great game but we never know which one is gonna show up.

And I do understand that it may be easier to have the sisters play in the semi's than the finals so there will be a clear distinct one to route for, but the tournament directors don't want Venus and Serena mowing down the draw like they normally do when they are on opposite sides.
Foxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 09:25 PM   #10
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

now i heard it all...........
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 09:28 PM   #11
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute

Me too as I prefer Vee's chances of beating Serena in a slam semi rather than a final

Last edited by V-MAC : Aug 27th, 2009 at 09:49 PM.
V-MAC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 09:44 PM   #12
country flag SIN DIOS NI LEY

SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
True, but the tournament directors for the US Open do not want the Williams sisters walking away with all of the money.

This top draw was designed to ensure that Maria makes it to the second round because she's ranked low and a Williams would knock her out before the second week.

Dinara can't beat Serena on her best day, and they believe Elena would have a better chance because she normally gives Serena trouble.

Jelena is just an over worked horse with a bad serve and no energy to do any damage. And Ana was just over hyped and can't deliver.

And I do understand that it may be easier to have the sisters play in the semi's than the finals so there will be a clear distinct one to route for, but the tournament directors don't want Venus and Serena mowing down the draw like they normally do when they are on opposite sides.

Nobody car argue against this
SIN DIOS NI LEY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 09:58 PM   #13
country flag Svetlana.

Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg View Post
now i heard it all...........
you should read her similar nonsense in the other Sharapova/Dementieva thread.... it's entertaining indeed
Svetlana. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 09:59 PM   #14
country flag SAEKeithSerena

SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute

me too. nothing will motivate Serena more, now.

16-Time Grand Slam Champion.

2013 Titles: Brisbane, Sony Open (Miami), Family Circle Cup, Madrid, Rome, 16th SLAM-THE FRENCH OPEN, Bastad, Roger's Cup

2013 Record: (60-4)
SAEKeithSerena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 10:00 PM   #15
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Wow ... People are nuts.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote