Sabine News & Articles - Page 62 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 17th, 2013, 03:25 AM   #916
country flag wagner1912

wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Sabine News & Articles

wagner1912 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 17th, 2013, 09:10 AM   #917
country flag Sabinator.

Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic!

Magdalena Rybarikova * Su-Wei Hsieh * Jie Zheng * Jamie Hampton * Mathilde Johansson * Mona Barthel * Aleksandra Wozniak * Alison Riske
Andrea Petkovic * Jana Cepelova * Petra Cetkovska * Jovana Jaksic * Karolina Pliskova * Svetlana Kuznetsova * Yvonne Meusburger * Francesca Schiavone
Sabinator. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2013, 09:50 AM   #918
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Lisicki has Williams in Brisbane sights

December 24, 2013 - 3:58PM

Laine Clark

AAP

Think being the local hope at the Australian Open is tough?

Then spare a thought for world No.15 Sabine Lisicki.

That time of year is again looming where Bernard Tomic, Lleyton Hewitt and company again come under the national microscope as Australia sweats on the grand slam's first home-grown champion since 1978.

And Lisicki reckons she can empathise with the likes of her former doubles partner Sam Stosur about the pressure that awaits in Melbourne next month.

Probably because the 24-year-old has to deal with that kind of expectation year-round in her native Germany thanks to the bar set by her compatriot, 22-time grand slam winner Steffi Graf.

Not that it seems to be holding her back.

Lisicki is best remembered this year for toppling red-hot favourite Serena Williams before suffering stage fright in her Wimbledon final loss to French veteran Marion Bartoli.

Despite her tearful All England Club exit, Lisicki had announced herself as a force to be reckoned with after becoming the first German to reach the Wimbledon final since Graf in 1999.

But as she prepared for her Australian Open warm-up - the Brisbane International starting this weekend - Lisicki admitted living in Graf's shadow was as tough as ever.

"There always has been. I don't know any different," she said on Tuesday.

"She (Graf) won so many grand slams, she was such an amazing player - the yardstick is so high now and anything below that is not good enough.

"I grew up like that but I put the most pressure on myself."

And that looks set to provide ample motivation for the Australian Open after her Wimbledon choke.

"It was a huge achievement to be so close to realising a dream," Lisicki said of Wimbledon.

"It was a learning experience.

"I am a much stronger person on the court now."

That may sound alarm bells for Williams ahead of what would be an intriguing re-match at the Brisbane International.

Lisicki said she did not fear anyone after becoming one of only a handful of players to down the 17-time grand slam champion in 2013.

"I have respect for the player but as soon as I am on the court I want to win, no matter who is on the other side," she said.

"You still have to play your best tennis to beat her (Williams), but it gave me a lot of confidence to beat Serena, especially at Wimbledon where she was the favourite.

"You live for those moments."

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news...224-2zvrd.html
Old Dec 24th, 2013, 09:50 AM   #919
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Sabine Lisicki puts Christmas cheer aside as she warms up in the Brisbane heat for International

MARCO MONTEVERDE - THE COURIER-MAIL - DECEMBER 24, 2013 4:54PM

GERMAN star Sabine Lisicki is keeping her Christmas festivities to a minimum as she prepares for the start of her 2014 assault at the Brisbane International.

The beaten Wimbledon finalist only has plans to train in Brisbane's sweltering heat tomorrow before Sunday's start of tournament at the Queensland Tennis Centre.

"We're used to having it cold outside and warm inside which is the nice part about Christmas in Germany," Lisicki said today.

"That's something that I definitely miss. As a professional player, that's one of the hardest parts for me, but it's nice to be out here … I can't complain about that.

"I haven't played since October … you really want to play as many matches as possible.

"You want to peak at the (Australian) Open, but you want to play as good as possible."

The world No. 15, whose 2013 Wimbledon scalps included Serena Williams before losing the final 6-1 6-4 to Marion Bartoli, declared it was time break into the top 10.

"I'm really looking forward to this season. I don't have any points to defend (at the Australian Open) in Melbourne - that's a great thing.

"In the first four months (of the year) I have only points to gain."

Lisicki was thrilled, rather than daunted, about the possibility of facing world No. 1 Williams in Brisbane.

"It gave me a lot of confidence to beat Serena, especially on grass where she was favourite,'' the 24-year-old right-hander said.

"She's No. 1 in the world and she's the best player, so I think it's a great tournament.

"We have a very good line-up, so you have to play well and I'm excited to play."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1226789522651
Old Dec 24th, 2013, 09:50 AM   #920
country flag CillyUltra

Fearless' Sabine Lisicki says ready to face Serena in Brisbane International

Big News Network (ANI) Tuesday 24th December, 2013

German tennis ace Sabine Lisicki has said that she does not fear anyone as she prepared for her upcoming rematch with women's world number one Serena Williams in the Australian Open warm-up - the Brisbane International, starting this weekend.

Lisicki is best remembered this year for toppling red-hot favourite Williams before suffering her Wimbledon final loss to French veteran Marion Bartoli, and she announced herself as a force to be reckoned with after becoming the first German to reach the Wimbledon final since 22-time grand slam winner Steffi Graf in 1999.

According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Lisicki's yardstick looks set to provide ample motivation for the Australian Open after her Wimbledon choke, with the tennis player saying that she is a much stronger person on the court now and does not fear anyone after becoming only one of a handful of players to down Williams in 2013.

Stating that her Wimbledon achievement was a learning experience and close to realising a dream, Lisicki further said that although she respects other players, but as soon as she is on the court, she wants to win no matter whoever is on the other side.

Although Lisicki admitted that she still has to play her best tennis to beat the 17-time Grand Slam champion, it gave her a lot of confidence to beat Williams, especially at Wimbledon, where she was the favourite, adding that a player lives for such moments. (ANI)

http://www.bignewsnetwork.com/index....cdc9be967f45f9
Old Dec 24th, 2013, 03:32 PM   #921
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold

It's not like she's playing Serena in the first round. Let's take it one step at a time.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2013, 04:31 PM   #922
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/...lisicki/49987/
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic,Camila Giorgi,Zarina Diyas.
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters, Na Li.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 09:48 AM   #923
country flag Lamb4Life

Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold

Sabine has been chosen as Berliner of 2013

http://www.morgenpost.de/berlin-aktu...hres-2013.html

Last edited by Lamb4Life : Jan 4th, 2014 at 10:08 AM.
Lamb4Life is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 02:08 PM   #924
country flag Tarabuses

Tarabuses is just really nice Tarabuses is just really nice Tarabuses is just really nice Tarabuses is just really nice Tarabuses is just really nice Tarabuses is just really nice Tarabuses is just really nice Tarabuses is just really nice Tarabuses is just really nice Tarabuses is just really nice Tarabuses is just really nice

Is she from Berlin?
Tarabuses is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 02:08 PM   #925
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

sort of

2013 GG: Petra Kvitova, 2014 RU
2014 GG: Discount Sharapova
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 08:00 PM   #926
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarabuses View Post
Is she from Berlin?
Her family moved there when she was about ten and she still considers that her "home" even though her "residence" is listed as Bradenton where she trains.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 10:22 PM   #927
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/sport/meh...-12747802.html

Quote:
Lisicki und die Knallerei mit Köpfchen

Sabine Lisicki will mit neuer „Beraterin“ an alte Erfolge anknüpfen: Martina Hingis steht der Tennisspielerin bei den Australian Open bei. Geht die Zusammenarbeit mit ihrem früheren Idol gut, könnte sie von Dauer sein.

Von Peter Penders, Melbourne

Der Retro-Trend bei den Tennis-Herren war zuletzt ja unübersehbar - plötzlich tauchten all die wohlbekannten Namen von früher wieder auf im Zusammenhang mit dem aktuellen Geschehen: Boris Becker als Trainer von Novak Djokovic, Stefan Edberg als Coach von Roger Federer und Ivan Lendl sowieso wie in den vergangenen zwei Jahren an der Seite von Andy Murray.

Nun aber wagt auch Sabine Lisicki zumindest bei den am Montag beginnenden Australian Open den Versuch, mit den Ratschlägen einer erwiesenen Könnerin einen Schritt weiter in ihrer Karriere zu kommen.

Am Samstag trainierte sie mit der ehemaligen Weltranglistenersten Martina Hingis, und die 33 Jahre alte Schweizerin wird auch am Montag in der Spielerbox der Deutschen sitzen, wenn Sabine Lisicki in der ersten Runde in Melbourne gegen die Kroatin Mirjana Lucic-Baroni antreten muss.

„Ich kenne Martina schon sehr lange“, sagt die Berlinerin. „Ich habe schon als Jugendliche mit ihr trainiert. Bereits damals war das etwas ganz Besonderes für mich, weil Martina mein Idol war.“

Ob die Zusammenarbeit über das erste Grand-Slam-Turnier des Jahres hinausgehen wird, ließ die Berlinerin noch offen. Fragte man sich allerdings bei den männlichen Kollegen noch mitunter, welchen Einfluss auf ihre Karriere sie sich von ihren neuen Beratern erhoffen, so erscheinen die Verhältnisse bei Sabine Lisicki viel klarer

Könnte sie nämlich nur einen Bruchteil dessen übernehmen, was Martina Hingis einst stark machte, wäre dies der Anfang einer wunderbaren Geschichte. Zunächst wolle sie in Melbourne „die zweite Woche erreichen“, sagt die deutsche Fed-Cup-Spielerin. Im vergangenen Jahr war sie schon in der ersten Runde ausgeschieden.

Hingis war das Tennis-Wunderkind

Die Schweizerin, deren Karriere 2007 nach einigen Verletzungen und mit großem Getöse wegen einer Sperre aufgrund eines positiven Doping-Tests (Kokain) reichlich früh endete, war schließlich einst das Tennis-Wunderkind schlechthin. Wann immer man auf Altersrekorde der Rubrik „Die Jüngste“ im Tennis stößt, sind diese Bestmarken mit dem Namen Hingis verbunden.

Sie ist die jüngste Spielerin, die je ein Grand-Slam-Turnier der Juniorinnen (French Open 1993 als Zwölfjährige) gewann, sie ist immer noch die jüngste Spielerin, die in der Profi-Ära beim Wimbledon-Turnier triumphierte (1997 im Alter von 16 Jahren), und natürlich hat es auch noch nie eine jüngere Weltranglistenerste gegeben als die damals 16-jährige Martina Hingis im März 1997.

All die Zahlen belegen natürlich die immense Kompetenz, aber viel wichtiger erscheint im Zusammenhang mit Sabine Lisicki, wie Martina Hingis dies alles erreichte. Die Schweizerin war schließlich der Gegenentwurf zu den damals ebenfalls in der Tennisszene auftauchenden Williams-Schwestern, die mit ihrer körperlichen Präsenz und dank der Wucht ihrer Schläge die Gegnerinnen reihenweise vom Platz schossen.

Die zierliche Schweizerin dagegen war eine Meisterin der Strategie, gerühmt für ihr Winkelspiel, mit denen sie ihr Gegenüber ausmanövrierte - wer schlaues Tennis sehen wollte, musste ihr zusehen. „Technisch ändert man nichts Großes mehr, es geht nur um Kleinigkeiten da oben“, sagt Sabine Lisicki - und tippt mit dem Finger an den Kopf.

Lisicki gilt als beratungsresistent

Wenn Sabine Lisicki, ihr Management oder ihr Vater Richard sich bei der Zusammenarbeit etwas gedacht haben, was über eine kurzzeitige PR-Maßnahme hinausgeht - ganz sicher kann man sich bei all den aktuellen Nachrichten aus der Tennisbranche nicht sein -, dann wäre dies eine überaus kluge Idee gewesen.

Sabine Lisicki gilt in der Szene schließlich als etwas beratungsresistent, sie pflegt ihr Spiel der schnellen Punkte, agiert mit großer Wucht von der Grundlinie und kann an Tagen, an denen alles wie von selbst läuft und auch der erste Aufschlag zu einem verlässlichen Partner wird, selbst eine Serena Williams verblüffen. Plan B aber für die vielen anderen Tage in einem langem Tennisjahr gibt es nicht, und allein im vergangenen Jahr verschliss sie mit Ricardo Sanchez, Robert Orlik und Wim Fissette gleich drei Trainer.

Dass die Zusammenarbeit mit Fissette, der an ihrer Seite war, als sie in Wimbledon das Finale erreichte, so schnell endete, überraschte die Szene. Der frühere Trainer der ehemaligen Weltranglistenersten Kim Clijsters wollte ihre Spielweise auf etwas weniger Risiko umstellen und hatte nach dem Erfolge auf den Londoner Rasenplätzen angekündigt, verstärkt an der Fitness arbeiten zu wollen. Nach den US Open folgte dann aber schon die Trennung wegen unterschiedlicher Konzepte und Spielideen.

Aus den Plänen, nach dem Finaleinzug in Wimbledon nun für den Rest des Jahres den Sprung unter die besten zehn Spielerinnen der Welt in Angriff zu nehmen, wurde nichts. Sabine Lisicki spielte wenig, und wenn sie spielte, war es nicht sonderlich erfolgreich.

„Sie knallt auf alles volle Pulle drauf“

Gefeiert wurde sie in Deutschland, wo Turniere abseits von Wimbledon häufig unter der Wahrnehmungsgrenze liegen, dennoch, sie war ein gern gesehener Gast bei Bällen und Jahresrückblicken. „Wer vorher viel trainiert, kann sich so was auch leisten“, sagte sie. An der Richtigkeit des Satzes zweifelt niemand, an der Umsetzung allerdings viele, zumindest hinter vorgehaltener Hand.

Schlagzeilen aber machte sie zuletzt nur, als sie bei der Wahl zur Sportlerin des Jahres Platz zwei belegte und bei solchen Anlässen immer öfter mit Oliver Pocher auftauchte. Der Komiker ist auch in Melbourne an ihrer Seite, wo es vor allem aber darum geht, mit den eigenen Ansprüchen mal wieder Schritt halten zu können.

Eine ehemalige Weltranglistenerste als „Beraterin“, das klingt wohl auch für Sabine Lisicki angemessen, die zuweilen in ihrer ganz eigenen Welt zu leben scheint. Ihre Erstrundengegnerin Mirjana Lucic-Baroni beschreibt sie als Spielerin, die „auf alles volle Pulle draufknallt. Man muss sein eigenes Spiel machen und sie die Fehler machen lassen.“ Könnte eine schöne Knallerei werden am Montag in Melbourne.

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 10:30 PM   #928
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.abendblatt.de/sport/artic...eltspitze.html

Quote:

Tennis-Bundestrainerin Barbara Rittner vorm Start der Australian Open über die Erfolgsaussichten der deutschen Topspielerinnen für die Saison 2014

Hamburg. Seit vergangenem Montag ist Tennis-Bundestrainerin Barbara Rittner in Australien. Der hartnäckige Jetlag ist längst der Vorfreude auf die Australian Open in Melbourne, das am Montag beginnende erste Grand-Slam-Turnier des Jahres 2014, gewichen. Für das Abendblatt hat die 40-Jährige ihre Spielerinnen einem Leistungscheck unterzogen. Barbara Rittner über...

...Sabine Lisicki (Berlin, 24, Nr. 15): Die Teilnahme am Wimbledon-Finale hat lange nachgewirkt, Sabine hat den Trubel um ihre Person sehr genossen, und das finde ich auch genau richtig. Sie ist ein Mensch, der Öffentlichkeit genießt, und wenn es ihr privat gut geht, profitiert sie davon auch sportlich immens. In diesem Jahr wird sich allerdings zeigen, wie sie den Wirbel verkraftet hat. Ich denke, dass sie als Spielerin unheimlich gereift ist, aber es fehlt ihr vor allem körperlich noch an Konstanz, weil sie immer wieder durch kleine Verletzungen aus der Bahn geworfen wird, wie man auch nach Wimbledon gesehen hat. Wenn sie diese Rückschläge vermeiden kann, dann führt ihr Weg unzweifelhaft in die Top Ten.

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 10:34 PM   #929
country flag rucolo

http://www.tagesspiegel.de/sport/sta...i/9319300.html

Quote:
Schluss mit Schaulaufen für Sabine Lisicki

von Petra Philippsen

Sabine Lisicki will mithilfe von Martina Hingis bei den Australian Open wieder angreifen. Die Berlinerin hat zuletzt viel trainiert, um auch auf dem Tennisplatz endlich wieder eine gute Figur zu machen.

Sabine Lisicki war am Samstagvormittag eine der Ersten auf dem Trainingsplatz, und die Zaungäste auf Court Nr. 18 im Melbourne Park staunten nicht schlecht, wen die Berlinerin da plötzlich im Schlepptau hatte: Martina Hingis, das einstige Schweizer Wunderkind, das die Australian Open dreimal gewann. „Sie hilft uns einfach“, sagte Lisicki zum neuen Trainingscoup, der so perfekt in den aktuellen Trend der Verpflichtung ehemaliger Champions passt – Lendl, Edberg und Becker haben also weibliche Konkurrenz bekommen. „Es ist so angenehm, weil sie mich einfach schon so lange kennt“, fügte Lisicki hinzu, „Großes zu ändern gibt es ohnehin nicht – dort oben ändert man nur Kleinigkeiten.

“Dort oben, damit meinte die 24-Jährige ihren Kopf. Das Mentale, das ja so ungemein wichtig ist für Tennisprofis, wenn sie es nach ganz oben schaffen wollen. In Wimbledon, vor einem halben Jahr, da war Lisicki schon fast ganz oben angekommen. Erst im Finale hatte sie gegen die Französin Marion Bartoli verloren, unter Tränen, und die Herzen der Zuschauer damit für sich gewonnen. Doch seither hatte es eben keine sportlichen Erfolgsmeldungen mehr für die Weltranglistenfünfzehnte gegeben.

In den Monaten nach dem bisher größten Erfolg ihrer Karriere war Lisicki bei Auftritten auf roten Teppichen und in TV-Shows präsenter gewesen als auf dem Tennisplatz. Ob bei Günter Jauch, im Frühstücksfernsehen, in Sportsendungen oder bei Galas – die Berlinerin hetzte über den Bildschirm und erzählte wieder und wieder, wie das so gewesen ist in Wimbledon. Die Niederlage, die Tränen, das ganze Drama. Und immer strahlte und lächelte sie dabei, genauso bei den diversen Werbeauftritten ihrer neuen Sponsoren. Lisicki sammelt Sympathiepunkte, weiß sich glänzend zu vermarkten. Und da fragt dann auch niemand mehr, warum sie nicht auch auf dem Tennisplatz so glänzt. „Wer gut arbeitet, kann auch solche Auftritte einstreuen“, entgegnete Lisicki. Doch es hätte die Beobachter in Melbourne wohl weit weniger verwundert, wenn sie mit ihrem neuen Lebensgefährten, dem Komiker Oliver Pocher, auf dem Trainingsplatz aufgetaucht wäre, der sie nach Australien begleitete.

Nun ist es also Hingis, doch ein wenig liegt der Verdacht nahe, dass Lisicki nach dem Schaulaufen der letzten Monate und den privaten Schlagzeilen mit diesem Schritt die Aufmerksamkeit bewusst davon weglenken möchte. Denn die Zusammenarbeit mit Hingis scheint nur ein Intermezzo zu sein. Lisicki wollte nicht einmal von einer Probierphase sprechen, in der man gerade stecke, und Hingis selbst wiegelte jede Auskunft sofort vehement ab. „Wir müssen sehen“, sagte Lisicki, aber länger als die Australian Open wird das Arrangement wohl nicht dauern. Hingis hatte kürzlich mit 33 Jahren ihr Comeback im Doppel probiert, das aber nicht mit ihren ehrgeizigen Vorstellungen Schritt gehalten hatte. So ist sie einerseits auf der Flucht vor dem Wirbel um ihr eigenes Privatleben und wirkt ein wenig zerrissen bei der Suche nach einer sinnvollen Aufgabe nach der erneut beendeten Tenniskarriere.

Dass sie Lisicki helfen kann, steht dennoch außer Frage. Hingis hat in den vergangenen Jahren viel Erfahrung als Trainerin gesammelt und bestach von jeher durch ihre eiserne Disziplin und ausgeprägte Fitness. Gerade Letzteres war dagegen stets Lisickis Achillesferse, das hatte Hingis schon länger erkannt: „Sabine müsste ein, zwei Kilo abnehmen. Wenn man ein paar Kilos zu viel mitschleppt, ist man eben auch anfälliger für Verletzungen.“ Und die hatte Lisicki immer wieder, konstant war sie dadurch nie. Doch das soll sich nun ändern, Lisicki hat in diesem Winter 13 Trainingstage mehr eingelegt als gewöhnlich und als ob sie der Welt Beweise schuldig gewesen wäre, twitterte sie fleißig Fotos von sich schwitzend auf dem Laufband.

Dennoch steht vor den am Montag beginnenden Australian Open und ihrem Auftaktmatch gegen die Kroatin Mirjana Lucic-Baroni ein Fragezeichen hinter Lisickis Form, nicht nur, weil sie beim Vorbereitungsturnier in Brisbane zu ihrem zweiten Match nicht mehr antreten konnte. Lisicki hatte sich am Abend zuvor den Magen verdorben. „Den Fisch zu essen, war keine gute Idee“, sagte sie frustriert, dennoch konnte sie unter der Woche wieder problemlos im Melbourne Park trainieren. Sie hofft, dass Hingis ihr vielleicht die richtigen Worte einflüstern kann. Magische Worte von einer, die selbst ganz oben war und die Lisicki seit ihrem zehnten Lebensjahr kennt, als diese in der Schweizer Akademie ihrer Mutter Melanie Molitor vorspielte. „Das war damals schon etwas Besonderes, weil Martina mein großes Vorbild war“, erinnert sich Lisicki. Und vielleicht kann ihr Idol dabei helfen, zu beweisen, dass die hohen Erwartungen, die Lisicki mit ihrem Coup in Wimbledon nährte, tatsächlich berechtigt sind.

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 10:31 PM   #930
country flag rucolo

http://www.ausopen.com/en_AU/news/ma...617830054.html

Quote:
All smiles for Lisicki

Monday, 13 January, 2014

By Matt Cronin

Wimbledon finalist Sabine Lisicki’s Australian Open campaign started out in brilliant fashion when she trounced veteran Mirjana Lucic-Baroni 6-2 6-1 in just over an hour on Monday.

On a warm evening on Show Court 2, the German smoked serves, hammered big returns and didn't allow the Croatian to get into any semblance of rhythm.

Normally a go-for-broke player, the 24-year-old Lisicki stood well inside the baseline, took balls early and tortured Lucic with blasts into the corners.

She ended the contest with 28 winners to just 11 for Lucic-Baroni, booming her seventh ace on the final point.

Three-time Australian Open champion Martina Hingis is coaching Lisicki at this tournament. The two are friendly, and Lisicki was said to have asked her to help out while she is in Melbourne.

While Lisicki is not as light-footed and cagey as the Swiss was during her career, she mixed up her attack more than usual on Monday and constantly moved forward, two styles that Hingis advocates.

The rapid-fire pace of the match favored Lisicki, as 104 of the points were four shots or less compared to just 20 which were five shots or more.

In her debut in Melbourne in 2008, the German won three rounds in qualifying, upset future No. 1 Dinara Safina and reached the third round, going down to another woman with Polish blood, Caroline Wozniacki, in three sets.

Her best result at the Australian Open came in 2012, when she took down two-time Grand Slam champion Svetlana Kuznetsova in the third round before falling to Maria Sharapova in the round of 16.

Last year, she came into the tournament unseeded and suffered a three-set loss to former No. 1 Wozniacki.

Armed with one of the tour’s biggest serves, when she is on, Lisicki can keep herself in almost any match, but she has had more success on grass than on other surfaces.

While Lisicki’s record at the hard court majors is spotty, she has been a very effective player at Wimbledon.

Last year at the All England Club, she took down a slew of standouts competitors including Aussie Sam Stosur, five-time champion Serena Williams and 2012 finalist Agnieszka Radwanska, before falling in the final to Marion Bartoli.

Lisicki, who pulled out of her second round match in Brisbane with an illness, appears to be fully recovered.

The 15th-seeded Lisicki will play Romania’s Monica Niculescu in the next round.

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !