Sabine News & Articles - Page 60 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 9th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #886
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation
Re: Sabine News & Articles

http://www.livetennis.com/category/L...-201311090001/

Sabine Lisicki has really made a name for herself in 2013, reaching her first slam final and becoming one of the most popular players in the WTA. With her huge serve and feared forehands, the German promises to be a top ten player in the not so distant future. Here's what she had to say about this season, her ambitions for the future and more.

Firstly, congratulations on such a successful season. What was the key to your achievements this year? Is it simply a case of you improving technically, and/or would you say that experience has made a big difference?

Sabine: Thank you very much! The experience of the past few years have definitely helped to get this far. It's been an amazing journey and I'm very sure that the experience from this years final will help me in the future!

Now that you've had time to reflect on your Wimbledon run, what are your general thoughts on what you achieved? Beating Serena Williams and reaching the final must have been an incredible feeling. Does that give you extra confidence for future tournaments?

Sabine: It of course gives me a lot of confidence and believe in my game. That helps a lot in matches. Training is more fun too because I know it will pay off eventually!

On the flip side of this, do you feel an added pressure to win tournaments and perform well in slams now that you've been in a slam final?

Sabine: I've always put the most pressure on myself. I have dreams and goals that I want to achieve and that's what matters to me.

The Wimbledon crowd really got behind you this year. I think a lot of people enjoyed your on-court interviews and positive attitude. What did it feel like to be at the centre of attention? Do you feel comfortable being in the spotlight?

I love being in London so much. I even spent most of my holiday there this year! It's the best feeling in the world to get the support of the crowd.

I don't think people look forward to playing against you on grass courts! What gives you the edge when you play matches on grass? Is there a lot more to it than getting the most out of your serve?

Sabine: It simply feels natural to me. There are no changes that I have to play for Wimbledon.

I understand that one of your ambitions is to one day be the World No. 1. What do you think is the next step for you as you try to achieve this? Is there any particular area of your game that you're working on right now?

Sabine: I think it's putting the puzzle together in a way. I've got a lot of tools but need to learn how to use them even better.

People often talk about your powerful serve and groundstrokes. Are there any other elements to your game that you feel give you an edge over your rivals?

Sabine: My fighting spirit!

What is the biggest lesson that you've learned this season?

Sabine: To never give up and enjoy the game every second that I'm out there!

Nothing earth-shattering, but nice interview all the same.

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 9th, 2013, 06:29 PM   #887
country flag Tarabuses

Tarabuses is just really nice Tarabuses is just really nice Tarabuses is just really nice Tarabuses is just really nice Tarabuses is just really nice Tarabuses is just really nice Tarabuses is just really nice Tarabuses is just really nice Tarabuses is just really nice Tarabuses is just really nice Tarabuses is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Aberdon View Post
Sabine: To never give up and enjoy the game every second that I'm out there!
Good to hear.
Tarabuses is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2013, 10:20 PM   #888
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Sabine is the new testimonial of auto insurer AdmiralDirekt.de.

https://admiraldirekt.de/de/sabine_1...1/sabine_1.jsp

Last edited by CillyUltra : Nov 11th, 2013 at 11:02 PM.
CillyUltra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2013, 11:09 PM   #889
country flag sghskhgkj

sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice

Car insurance? Glamorous stuff. Then again, I guess she probably doesn't care as long as they cough up some cash.
sghskhgkj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2013, 04:38 AM   #890
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sghskhgkj View Post
Car insurance? Glamorous stuff. Then again, I guess she probably doesn't care as long as they cough up some cash.
Yeah, also i have never heared of this company, seems to be rather small or brandnew.
But who cares, looks like a solid deal.

She will never be an actress, thats for sure

2013 Good Girl: Petra Kvitova
GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Bouchard(OD), Keys(F)
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2013, 04:42 AM   #891
country flag jalusbrian

jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold

What has tennis to do With auto insuring? The worst aspect of western sports is they make players dupe the public into buying something . China has the right idea
jalusbrian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2013, 06:36 AM   #892
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future

I'm more interested in Genie's career of late because she is my new fave and Bine still is among my faves too but either way I don't take these things seriously. It's money for her and she looks good so I enjoy the pics and videos.

GENIE BOUCHARD- Australian Open Semi Finalist and Nuremburg Champion 2014!!

SABINE LISICKI- Miami Doubles Champion 2014!!

DOMINIKA CIBULKOVA Australian Open Runner Up 2014!!
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2013, 06:39 AM   #893
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

Admiral are quite big in the UK. Gotta be better than the stupid pirate complete with fake parrot, which we had to put up with to start!

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2013, 09:23 AM   #894
country flag Lamb4Life

Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all

She already endorses Peugeot...so only small step to car insurances
Lamb4Life is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2013, 12:37 PM   #895
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

You can win a Meet & Greet with Sabine at the Stuttgart tournament, unfortunately only persons who are over 18 and reside in Germany are eligible.

https://www.admiraldirekt.de/de/sabi...ltsseite_3.jsp
Old Nov 18th, 2013, 09:06 PM   #896
country flag CillyUltra

Another competition for users with a German address. It's connected with the online poll for Berlin Athlete of the Year, which Sabine will presumably win by a large margin.

https://www.champions-berlin.de/wahl/
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 12:57 PM   #897
country flag CillyUltra

Heart-Wrenching Moment of the Year: Sabine Lisicki's loss at Wimbledon

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 19, 2013 / BY PETER BODO

With the 2013 tennis season in the past, it's time to dole out our annual awards. Look for the winners—for better or worse—throughout this week on TENNIS.com.

It was the ultimate giddy ride a tennis professional can take, an unexpected trip to the Wimbledon final, and Sabine Lisicki was loving every moment of it, smiling and charming multitudes of fans. The British tabloid press, reaching deep into its bag of hyperbole, even dubbed her “The Laughing Girl from Germany.”

Unfortunately, that ride turned into a hair-raising and stomach-flipping nightmare that produced the most heart-wrenching moment of the year—Lisicki’s loss in the Wimbledon final to another surprise finalist, Marion Bartoli.

Lisicki simply froze up and played tennis that begged many of us to avert our eyes, never more so than in the middle of the second set, when the tears she’d been fighting for some time blurred her vision—the last thing she needed as she tried to forestall the inevitable Bartoli win. The match ended 6-1, 6-4, and it wasn’t as close as the score indicates.

One of the main reasons the Lisicki run garnered so much attention was her style of play. She’s 5’10” and armed with a terrific serve that she isn’t afraid to back up with the volley. Given the paucity of attacking players these days and the romance of the serve-and-volley game at Wimbledon, the-then world No. 24 had a lot of curbside appeal. Moreover, her sunny temperament and oft-professed love of the event played well with the British audience, as well as the traditionalist lurking so close to the surface in almost every tennis fan.

Best of all, Lisicki amply backed all that up with inspired, inarguably compelling tennis. She didn’t sneak in through the back door to Centre Court—she barged in. On her way, she upset Sam Stosur, top-seeded Serena Williams, and the player perhaps most capable of shooting holes in her attacks, defender par excellence Agniezska Radwanska. Her semifinal with the Pole went 9-7 in the third.

Meanwhile, Bartoli took advantage of chaos in the bottom half of the draw. The Frenchwoman's best win was over No. 17 Sloane Stephens, and her semifinal opponent was No. 20 Kirsten Flipkens. That made it easy to forget that Bartoli had been to a Wimbledon final before, in 2007. While she never backed up that performance adequately, she was still ranked nine ticks better than Lisicki at No. 15.

But Lisicki appeared to have the momentum behind her, and an eerie, almost fated atmosphere gathered around her run. Few imagined that she would falter so badly in the final, even though Bartoli’s own style was aggressive in a more contemporary sense. She gives no ground and fires lasers with two hands on the racquet on either side.

Still, that contrast in style did not determine the outcome of the match. It was decided by a combination of Bartoli’s ability to bring her A-game and Lisicki’s inability to even find her own. She was simply crushed by the weight of the occasion, as the laughs of the girl from Germany turned to tears in one of the most poignant finals in Wimbledon history.

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/...mbledon/49815/
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #898
country flag Lamb4Life

Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by CillyUltra View Post
Another competition for users with a German address. It's connected with the online poll for Berlin Athlete of the Year, which Sabine will presumably win by a large margin.

https://www.champions-berlin.de/wahl/

To all German residents: VOTE
Lamb4Life is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 08:39 PM   #899
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

pic.twitter.com/n8ZZTndHyo

Lisicki and her new boy friend, tomorrow in German newspaper

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2013, 03:34 PM   #900
country flag Schnffy

Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of

Sabine Lisicki @sabinelisicki 1h
Good memories make you work even harder to do even better next season! #fitnesstestdone #workhardplayhard #Wimbledon

Upsets of 2013: Sabine Vs Serena