Sabine News & Articles - Page 53 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 8th, 2013, 10:35 AM   #781
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation
Re: Sabine News & Articles

True that! Your star player may be an absolute arsehole, but if he is doing the business for your team and especially your country, then nobody really cares.

Individual sport is gladiatorial. It's one v one. Your opponent isn't going to lie down just because your injured, playing shite, or starting to cry. They'll want to grind you into the dirt if it means winning a title. It's a lesson Bine will hopefully take aboard. If that makes you 'unpopular in the locker room' then, honestly, too bad.

I don't doubt Sabs can throw a strop. I can see it in her eyes sometimes that I think she can be a fiery so-and-so if she wants to be!

As I also said elsewhere, the locker room is such a big place, it would be impossible to get on with everybody. I can't imagine Sabs gets on with everyone, nor everyone get along with her.

I also can't believe she has lots of enemies either - all this crap about falling out with BFF Jarka for example. Jarka tweeted her the other day so say she was proud of her in getting to the final. Sabs has her circle of friends, & she said herself in one of the interviews she was 'good friends' with Bartoli.

I do genuinely believe Sabs is as you see - thoroughly nice, bubbly, charming but in equal measure private & emotional - & a bit shy. Maybe a bit more maturing to be done as a person - just look at Andy Murray & what maturity has done for him!

In short - human!

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 8th, 2013, 10:46 AM   #782
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute

I could quote this 'insider' from the other forum but I don't know how much gossip we want here.

I'm sorry to go on about it but I've just seen so many comments lately on different websites saying how Sabine's persona is an act. I think they can't believe that a person could be as nice and positive as Sabine appears to be.

GENIE BOUCHARD- Australian Open Semi Finalist, French Open Semi Finalist, Wimbledon Finalist and Nuremburg Champion 2014!!

SABINE LISICKI- Wimbledon Quarter Finalist and Miami Doubles Champion 2014!!

Last edited by Mike81 : Jul 8th, 2013 at 10:54 AM.
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 10:51 AM   #783
country flag Lisickinator

Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future

NTV

http://schoener-fernsehen.com/

An accent is not an apostrophe.
Lisickinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 11:32 AM   #784
country flag Lisickinator

Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future

Her manager said, that they've not made a decision yet whether she will play Stanford or not.

And she hopes there will be a grass court tournament in Berlin one day .
OK, that's pretty unrealistic.

An accent is not an apostrophe.
Lisickinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 11:52 AM   #785
country flag WozLolz

WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike81 View Post
I could quote this 'insider' from the other forum but I don't know how much gossip we want here.

I'm sorry to go on about it but I've just seen so many comments lately on different websites saying how Sabine's persona is an act. I think they can't believe that a person could be as nice and positive as Sabine appears to be.
Are you talking about the @NCR_Tennis podcast from last week? (They start talking about Sabine @ about 13:30). They even use the c-word (calculating). I don't believe everything I read/hear, but I must admit that I found this a little disappointing.
WozLolz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 12:23 PM   #786
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

seriously guys, it's perfectly fine, don't read too much into some articles, every player gets them.
Here in germany they threat her very well, maybe even to well, we have become used to celebrate 2nd places a bit too much in the last few years.

Most important thing is that she gets back on the court as soon as possible. ATM it seems she isn't going to do that which i don't like very much, but we will see.

2013 Good Girl: Petra Kvitova
GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova, Serena, Venus, Wozniacki
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 12:26 PM   #787
country flag Beaumont

Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all

The one area of Sabine's image that I would like to see her address, is with regards to her ankle injury
It was 3 years ago, and she missed 5 months of Tennis - injuries are all part of professional sport & that was a long time ago now

I'd like her to stop mentioning it, and just move on
Serena nearly died from her illness and she doesn't talk about that as much as Sabine does with her ankle
Beaumont is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 01:01 PM   #788
country flag BoomBoomLisicki

BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all

Yeah the usual British press protocol of asking the same questions every time like ' you have an incredible story did you think you'd be here after the injury?' 'Why is this court and this tournament so special to you?' 'how do you manage to keep smiling even during massive points or when you're losing?'. I wish people would stop calling her fake though,it's a bit sad really

Wimbledon Ladies Finalist 2013

EugenieBouchard.AnaIvanovic.LauraRobson.KristinaMladenovic.BelindaBencic

NeverStopSmiling
BoomBoomLisicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 03:00 PM   #789
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

That & calling her 'pathetic' for crying is annoying
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 03:10 PM   #790
country flag lielabet7

lielabet7 is a name known to all lielabet7 is a name known to all lielabet7 is a name known to all lielabet7 is a name known to all lielabet7 is a name known to all lielabet7 is a name known to all lielabet7 is a name known to all lielabet7 is a name known to all lielabet7 is a name known to all lielabet7 is a name known to all lielabet7 is a name known to all

I agree! I did not think it was pathetic AT ALL that she started crying! I probably would have done the exact same thing. So much expectation to win was placed on her going into the final and after all those grueling matches she played before, she was mentally and physically spent! PLUS the fact that she had beaten Marion 3 times before and on this occasion (when it mattered most) couldn't get the game and form she wanted...it must of been heart-breaking and so very disappointing for her! I don't think it was pathetic at all - it showed that she was human, and I think it made her even MORE endearing to the public.

I don't understand how anybody cannot love this girl! Bine is AMAZING!!!
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 03:20 PM   #791
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by lielabet7 View Post
I agree! I did not think it was pathetic AT ALL that she started crying! I probably would have done the exact same thing. So much expectation to win was placed on her going into the final and after all those grueling matches she played before, she was mentally and physically spent! PLUS the fact that she had beaten Marion 3 times before and on this occasion (when it mattered most) couldn't get the game and form she wanted...it must of been heart-breaking and so very disappointing for her! I don't think it was pathetic at all - it showed that she was human, and I think it made her even MORE endearing to the public.

I don't understand how anybody cannot love this girl! Bine is AMAZING!!!
It's pathetic to have a go at her for it. Some of the comments i read online were disgusting tbh
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #792
country flag BoomBoomLisicki

BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
It's pathetic to have a go at her for it. Some of the comments i read online were disgusting tbh
Anyone calling her pathetic is pathetic,disgusting to have a go at her for that,if anything her tears during the match made me love her more

Wimbledon Ladies Finalist 2013

EugenieBouchard.AnaIvanovic.LauraRobson.KristinaMladenovic.BelindaBencic

NeverStopSmiling
BoomBoomLisicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 04:33 PM   #793
country flag nazzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBoomLisicki View Post
Anyone calling her pathetic is pathetic,disgusting to have a go at her for that,if anything her tears during the match made me love her more
Yeah, very true. She almost had me in tears.

Honestly, some of the comments i read were pretty stupid & out of line tbh.

'Lol @ lisicki crying during points. At least save it for when u lose u slut.'

'Lisicki was disgusting in crying'

'Fragile, mental headcases that cry just because they are down have no business winning slams'

'Lol, bartoli gained a lot of respect from me after this tournament. Lisicki lost a lot with her crying.'

'Lmao, Sabine crying worse than Federer. Lost all respect for her.'

'sabine is a disgrace'

and then today at school, someone said this to me when discussing the finals.

'Seriously, crying through a match is really pathetic. Glad the stupid bitch lost'
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #794
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

do you have to post this crap here ?

2013 Good Girl: Petra Kvitova
GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova, Serena, Venus, Wozniacki
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 04:39 PM   #795
country flag nazzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziva View Post
do you have to post this crap here ?
Just showing you the scale of stupidness i read after the match.