Sabine News & Articles - Page 47 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 15th, 2013, 04:51 PM   #691
country flag sghskhgkj

sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice
Re: Sabine News & Articles

Short news article on today with quotes from Sabine about it and Wimbledon.
Quote:
WTA AEGON Classic: Sabine Lisicki angry with umpire after Edgbaston exit

Sabine Lisicki exited the WTA AEGON Classic in controversial fashion after a quarter-final defeat to Alison Riske of the United States.

The fifth-seeded German claimed that Riske should have been penalised for yelling out "come on" just four points before the end of a 7-6 (7-2), 2-6, 6-4 victory spread over two rain-affected days. Lisicki, the champion here two years ago, lost a ten-minute argument with the umpire and the tournament referee before expressing her disappointment after the match.

"You are not supposed to do that, it's against the rules," claimed Lisicki, who believed she should have been given a point which would have put her 30-love up on her serve in the final game, and not 15-15. "I still had a hit on the ball," she reckoned. "If you look at the rule book it shouldn't have been her point. It's against the hindrance rule."

Lisicki argued at length with the umpire Lucy Grant, who appeared to think that Riske's yelling, just after a drive volley from very close to the net, could not have affected the outcome of the rally. Lisicki then called the referee, Denise Parnell, who refused to over-rule the umpire's decision, requiring the match to resume at 4-5 in the final set and the former champion three points from defeat.

"I still think I was right," said Lisicki. "I don't think Alison did it on purpose - she probably didn't think I could reach the ball - but I think I could. "It's happened to me before and I was given the point, and if you remember when Serena (Williams) did that against Sam (Stosur) in the US Open, Sam was given the point."

Serious contender

Lisicki believes she is still playing well enough to be a serious contender again at Wimbledon after reaching the semi-finals and quarter-finals in the past two years. "I believe I'm good enough to win it," she insisted. "My serve is as good as Serena's. And although she is the clear favourite, anything can happen there."
She's feeling pretty confident about herself and Wimbledon then.
sghskhgkj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 15th, 2013, 05:07 PM   #692
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

She has some serious confidence regarding Wimbledon, too much actually

2013 Good Girl: Petra Kvitova
GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 05:11 PM   #693
country flag misty1

misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziva View Post
I dont think so. If her game is cliking she's definately a serious contender for the title.
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 05:43 PM   #694
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziva View Post
I agree. I like her optimism in that she believes she can win, but she has to be ready for things not to go right -- she seems to play beter against players she thnks she will probably lose to and knows she has to battle to win. Against the lower ranked players, it seems when things don't go right, she seems caught off guard, falls into a panic, and sometimes the wheels fall completely off. She has to mentally prepare for each match as if she were facing Sharapova.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 09:16 PM   #695
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all

She has to be confident she can win, but at the same time be ready to have to fight for the match no matter who she is playing. That will help her focus when things aren't going well and won't lead to a sudden drop in confidence which shows up almost like a panic attack.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2013, 10:45 PM   #696
country flag sghskhgkj

sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice

Article (with quotes) from Sky Sports. The bit about how Wim is working out in the 6th paragraph is...interesting.
Quote:
Back home in Germany they call Sabine Lisicki "Boom Boom Bine" because of her 120 miles-per-hour serves. Seeing her in full flow, you can see exactly why. After some career-threatening injuries, Lisicki is back on her favourite surface and hitting form ready to challenge for the dream of becoming 'Queen of Wimbledon' for the first time. It's a dream not out of the question either because just two years ago Lisicki became just the second wildcard to reach the semi-finals. And a year later she conquered Maria Sharapova en route to the quarter-finals.

So what about her chances this year? Well, she believes she is playing well enough to be a serious contender again. And who would argue against her! The former world No 12 is already a force on grass and has the perfect game for it too. She has a liking for striking the ball boldly and early as well as taking advantage of the speed of the surface, often setting it up with a forceful first serve. The service action is a weapon which is nicely complemented by her flat, blunt groundstrokes and clever shot variation which usually has her opponents scrambling across the baseline.

Her preparations ahead of Wimbledon have not gone quite according to plan. The Troisdorf-born player suffered an unexpected defeat in the quarter-finals of the Birmingham WTA tournament against American Alison Riske, albeit amidst prolonged controversy. In the final game the German claimed that Riske had broken the rules by yelling "come on" before the ball had died from a fierce drive volley struck close to the net. But the manner of that defeat hasn't hampered her confidence. She claims to have as good a serve as world No 1 and 16-time Grand Slam champion Serena Williams. "My serve is as good as Serena's. And although she is the clear favourite, anything can happen there."

The world No 23 is pretty adamant that this could be her year at the All England Club after coming so close in the past. "That's the goal," the right-hander said with her infectious smile. "When you have a good serve, it's very important for grass because it sets you up for the big points. You know, it's always good because then you can attack the return game." And when asked why she is so in love with the surface, Lisicki replied: "I just feel so much at home on grass. As soon as I practised on grass for the first time, it just felt like I've been on it my whole life, so it's always a nice feeling to come back and play on grass - I really enjoy it. I love playing tennis and it's always fun to be out there. I always play well and feel well when it comes to this surface. There are always a few missed bounces so you have to have humour. It doesn't make me angry because it is never going to be perfect."

It seems that everything about Wimbledon is permanently etched into her brain. She's living and breathing it and enjoying the whole razzmatazz build-up to the tournament. "Playing on grass is just a lot of fun," she said. "We have to adapt to it but you cannot take it too seriously. It's great being here. I have a lot of fans here in England, so it's always fun to play here."

Rather worryingly for Lisicki though is the revolving door of coaches she's had in the past six months and they've all had to work alongside her father, Dr Richard Lisicki. Team Lisicki decided to bring in Caroline Wozniacki's former coach Ricardo Sanchez after her Australian Open exit to the Dane in January. However, that partnership lasted just a few months before he was replaced by Robert Orlik, who also works with compatriots Mona Barthel and Annika Beck. But, after her third-round exit to eventual semi-finalist Sara Errani at the French Open, it's been all change once again. And with Wimbledon fast approaching, Wim Fissette, former coach of Kim Clijsters, has started working with her. Lisicki seems rather calm about the situation and insists it is important for Fissette to communicate well in order for things to work out. "Yeah, it's been a couple of weeks now, so we'll see how we go from here," she said. "What I like is that he works with my dad together so basically I have two coaches but they communicate well. In fact we all communicate well with each other."

Lisicki's last WTA Tour title came in 2011 when she won the Texas Open in Dallas, but since then she has suffered from a number of injuries which have put her career progression behind schedule. In 2010 she missed more than half a year's tennis due to an ongoing ankle injury as well as abdominal and shoulder problems, but she put all that behind her in 2011 when she was named comeback player of the year. This year she has suffered through illness and has had to pull out of a couple of WTA tournaments. In all, she has retired from as many as 13 matches during her career. So many problems and she's only 23-years-old. Hard to believe isn't it? The subject is clearly a touchy one for Lisicki who was less talkative when it came to discussing her injury-hit career. But, on a positive note, she is pleased to see a number of top quality players coming through the system in Germany. Angelique Kerber is currently the highest ranked German female tennis player at seven in the world, while Julia Goerges, Mona Barthel and youngsters Annika Beck and Dinah Pfizenmaier are two of the brightest stars. "Yeah, it's always nice to see players coming up through the ranks," said Lisicki. "We have five really good players now at the top of the women's game and it's fun to see a lot of Germans coming through and having an entire group of them too."

If you do happen to be heading to SW19 this summer, then keep your eyes and ears wide open for the big-serving Lisicki because she's my outside tip for this year's title.
sghskhgkj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2013, 11:52 PM   #697
country flag maartenround

maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light

Can we all just take a moment to realise in her Twitter bio it says "Happy and passionated tennis player"

Laura Robson
Angelique Kerber
Jelena Jankovic
maartenround is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 12:03 AM   #698
country flag WozLolz

WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future

When I saw that a bit ago, I actually googled whether passionated is a word or not. It should be. Anyway, it's #adorable and -worthy. (Keep it, Sabine).
WozLolz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 12:06 AM   #699
country flag lovethetennis

lovethetennis is a name known to all lovethetennis is a name known to all lovethetennis is a name known to all lovethetennis is a name known to all lovethetennis is a name known to all lovethetennis is a name known to all lovethetennis is a name known to all lovethetennis is a name known to all lovethetennis is a name known to all lovethetennis is a name known to all lovethetennis is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by maartenround View Post
Can we all just take a moment to realise in her Twitter bio it says "Happy and passionated tennis player"
Yeah, I noticed it right away
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 02:19 AM   #700
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future

I think her made up words are cute, I also like to make up new words. Her unique hashtags are a little strange but I like her showing a bit of a quirky side rather than just being like all the other players.

**LISICKI** **CIBULKOVA** **IVANOVIC** **ROBSON**
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 06:58 AM   #701
country flag Beaumont

Beaumont is a glorious beacon of light Beaumont is a glorious beacon of light Beaumont is a glorious beacon of light Beaumont is a glorious beacon of light Beaumont is a glorious beacon of light Beaumont is a glorious beacon of light Beaumont is a glorious beacon of light Beaumont is a glorious beacon of light Beaumont is a glorious beacon of light Beaumont is a glorious beacon of light Beaumont is a glorious beacon of light

She's not like anyone else, that's why we follow her

Her English is full of logic - if you have been consumed by passion, then becoming passionated should indeed be a word!

She always puts a smile on my face, I like that about her
Beaumont is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 09:09 AM   #702
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont View Post
She's not like anyone else, that's why we follow he ....She always puts a smile on my face, I like that about her
Haven't noticed the grammar mistake coz I'm german

.... but agree. Besides her unique and exciting tennis style she's genuine, impulsive, passionate, spontaneous (not thinking too much about consequences before she acts ...= *LOVEIT!). This kind of character doesn't make life easier but it's adorable and I've learned life is much more funny and exciting to be like this... and "feed the child in yourself" (probably my grammar is awful but who cares )

Unification& perfectionism (photoshop/models as role model, callomania) are the end of a colourful world!

BTW: In the article of SKY is a big mistake of facts! That is awful! Journalism is no more what is was
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #703
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by maartenround View Post
Sabine should take out a patent on that new word. In 10yrs time we'll ALL be passionated! She'd make a killing!

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 01:15 AM   #704
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future

Actually from a twitter search I discovered Sabine is not the only person using the word 'passionated' so maybe it wasn't a typo. I must be behind the times.

**LISICKI** **CIBULKOVA** **IVANOVIC** **ROBSON**
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 12:11 PM   #705
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

SABINE LISICKI TOO STRONG FOR ITALIAN VETERAN

by Dan Imhoff
Tuesday 25 June 2013

Sabine Lisicki has ensured Italy’s effervescent veteran Francesca Schiavone has the unwanted honour of not having won a match since turning 33. Given Schiavone’s birthday was only on Sunday and this being her only match since, she has plenty of time to change that.

But on Tuesday there was little joy for the former French Open champion as a rampaging Lisicki hit her off the court 6-1, 6-2 under fading light on No.1 Court. Entering her 13th straight Wimbledon main draw, the Italian hit just six winners to the German’s 25 and never notched up a break point throughout.

Lisicki is looking to repeat her Wimbledon heroics from the past three years, where she has reached the quarter-finals or better each time. “It’s a tough match to play Francesca in the first round. I actually didn’t realise she wouldn’t be seeded,” a beaming Lisicki said afterwards. “We actually practised together on Thursday. “I go match by match. I was very happy to be back on No.1 Court, good memories here.”

The only time they had played before was on hardcourt back in 2009 where Lisicki failed to win a game. That, however, would be a bit of an unfair assessment as the German retired injured while trailing 6-0, 1-0.

On Tuesday, she took control early, breaking twice for 5-1 before closing out the opener with an ace, 6-1. She broke immediately to begin proceedings in the second set and when a meek backhand from Schiavone only landed halfway up the net at 4-2, it was clear the writing was on the wall for the dogged Italian.

Lisicki charged through the final two games to book a second-round meeting with last week’s Eastbourne winner Elena Vesnina. “Tough match as well. She has a lot of confidence. I have to play well again,” she said of her second-round opponent.

The German will carry an impressive record on the grass into her meeting with the in-form Vesnina. While she fell to qualifier Alison Riske in the Birmingham quarter-finals coming into this year’s Championships, she will draw on more impressive results from her past Wimbledon campaigns.

In 2009, she took out three seeds to reach the quarter-finals before going one step further the following year, falling to Maria Sharapova in the semi-finals. Last year, seeded 15th, she reversed the result against the Russian, upending the top seed in straight sets before falling to eighth-seeded countrywoman Angelique Kerber in the quarter-finals.

Injury and a drop in form have seen the 23-year-old drop to 24th in the rankings and barring a quarter-final result in Stuttgart, it has been a lean spell since making back-to-back finals in Pattaya City and Memphis in February.

A push towards a potential fourth-round clash with top seed Serena Williams would go a long way to restoring Lisicki’s season.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/...194884649.html