Sabine News & Articles - Page 35 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 1st, 2012, 09:05 PM   #511
country flag Geekking

Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of
Re: Sabine News & Articles

Anke Huber feels Sabine Lisicki and Angelique Kerber have a good chance of reaching the quarters

Sabine Lisicki against Maria Sharapova and Angelique Kerber against Kim Clijsters – the Porsche Team Germany players have a tough job on their hands in the round of the last 16 in Wimbledon. But Anke Huber is confident they are both in with a good chance of winning through to the last eight at the world’s most famous tennis tournament on Monday. “They’ve both definitely got the class,” said the former top 10 player and currently the Operating Tournament Director at the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix. “A tournament like Wimbledon is a law unto itself. There’s a surprise a day.”

To enter the second week at the All England Championships is a big success in itself and something quite special. “When play begins again after the day off on Sunday, then it’s like a new start. It’s a feeling players don’t experience at any of the other Grand Slams,” said Anke Huber. The match against Maria Sharapova, the French Open champion and the world No. 1, won’t be giving her any sleepless nights. “I’ve got a lot of respect for Maria but I’m not afraid when I go out on court,” said Sabine Lisicki, who is looking forward to facing the winner of the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix. “The encounters with Maria are always exciting. I love these big matches.”

Even more convincing than Sabine Lisicki has been the way Angelique Kerber has advanced to the last 16. “Angie is in a form whereby she is very difficult to beat,” said Barbara Rittner, the national coach and captain of Porsche Team Deutschland, after the 24-year-old’s 6-2, 6-3 win over the American Christina McHale. It was already the 43rd match she has won this year. The German No. 1 is therefore still the players with the most wins on the 2012 WTA Tour.

Anke Huber believes the players belonging to the Porsche Team German have difficult but in no way impossible tasks ahead of them. “Angie is in with the best chance for sure,” she said. “Kim hasn’t yet returned to top form after her injury. She naturally has a big name and it’s completely normal that one has a certain amount of respect when one goes out onto court. Should Angie lose that respect quickly and find her game, then she can definitely win.” And Sabine Lisicki? “She has to perform at her best and above all she has to be aggressive – then she’ll have a chance.
Geekking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 03:09 AM   #512
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziva View Post
i would say she beat her personal "you know" record here
She's so cute... "you know"

GENIE BOUCHARD- Australian Open Semi Finalist, French Open Semi Finalist, Wimbledon Finalist and Nuremburg Champion 2014!!

SABINE LISICKI- Wimbledon Quarter Finalist and Miami Doubles Champion 2014!!
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 12:16 AM   #513
country flag lovethetennis

lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
"From the very start of the match, I was hitting the ball so clean that I felt I could win," Lisicki said in the interview room. "When I got that break in the second set, I knew I was going to take it home."
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ten...imbledon-2012/
Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 06:53 AM   #514
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Lisicki scores biggest win

Quote:
"I had a good practice yesterday evening and felt good this morning. As soon as I stepped on the court I felt like I was playing very well," Lisicki said after the match. "Even though I lost the first game and missed a couple of points here and there, I just felt very good and confident overall. I was feeling very confident."
It's all about confidence
hope she'll have a good practice today...
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 08:48 AM   #515
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Some British press review:

Wimbledon 2012: Maria Sharapova goes out to Germany's Sabine Lisicki

Quote:
Wimbledon will be a quieter place now that Maria Sharapova has become the latest big name to leave the championships early, the No1 seed crashing out in straight sets to Germany's Sabine Lisicki. The French Open champion did not seek to make excuses for her display, admitting she had been guilty of some sloppy play and giving Lisicki credit for raising her game.
"She was the favourite but I am a fighter too," Lisicki said. "I keep going to the last point and today I just went for my shots. I have lost my three previous meetings with Maria but I felt I could win this time. I love playing here, this is my favourite tournament, and I am getting better with each match. That's the third time I have beaten a French Open champion at Wimbledon, I think they should stay out of my part of the draw!"

Sharap-over! It's sweet revenge for Lisicki as Russia ace crashes out
Quote:
It was all, of course, blurted out through a cheeky giggle. And why not? The German 22-year-old had just beaten the world No 1 6-4, 6-3, an exact reverse of last year's semi-final defeat by the same opponent.

She deserved it, too, her huge serve and thundering groundstrokes bullying the Russian out of the game.

The favourite for the tournament, Sharapova never looked like winning, despite a brief upturn at the end of the first set.

Instead she wore a look of distress and by the end even her shrieking had a depressing tone to it.

And the best is this:

Wimbledon 2012: Maria Sharapova knocked out in fourth round by Sabine Lisicki

Quote:
In a women’s tournament that continues to surprise, Lisicki, 22, lurks menacingly at the top of the draw, an opponent nobody will relish. She will now play compatriot Angelique Kerber in a tantalising quarter-final on Tuesday, her third appearance in the last eight in just four visits to Wimbledon. Not bad for a player who takes medication for a severe allergy to grass.
The Wimbledon crowd have warmed to her, too
; warmed to her unstintingly belligerent style and the breathtaking audacity of her groundstrokes. Fans appreciate her irrepressible smile on court in an era where female players seem more earnest and po-faced than ever. Lisicki and Sharapova may both be flaxen-haired, hard-hitting products of the Nick Bollettieri Academy in Florida, but there the similarity ends. While Sharapova grunted, Lisicki grinned, gleefully lighting a bonfire under her opponent’s vanity.
We had been here before, of course. Lisicki had taken the first set against Sharapova in Melbourne too, only to crumble under the pressure. Doubts remained over whether she had the mental fortitude to close the deal against such a formidable opponent. Not in her own mind, though. “I felt very good, even at the start of the first set,” she said. “As soon as I got the break in the second set, I knew I was going to take it home.”
Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 12:43 PM   #516
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Sabine is on the front page of the Daily Telegraph (as last year).

And on those of a paper from Mumbai.

The German BILD tabloid put Sabine on front page as well.

A paper from Berlin.

Old Jul 24th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #517
country flag maturedgirl

Not sure where to post it...

Three women who could surprise in London
Quote:
No. 17 Sabine Lisicki gets the nod slightly ahead of Kerber, even though Kerber won their anything-goes quarterfinal at Wimbledon. I'm going with Lisicki because she has such big weapons, starting with the serve, and because the injury-plagued 22-year old has been such a reliable performer at the All England Club. In the past three years, she's managed to make two quarters and a semi at Wimbledon, and has put up wins over, among others, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Caroline Wozniacki, Li Na, Marion Bartoli, and Maria Sharapova. That's an extremely powerful record.

Lisicki gets into a visible, almost eerie comfort zone at Wimbledon. She loves everything about the tournament, and in her case that has been a source of motivation and inspiration, rather than of pressure. She did get a little shaky in her match with Kerber, a match she could just as easily have won, but Lisicki is a robust, down-to-earth type who's unlikely to get tripped up by that going forward. Granted, the All England Club will look very different when it's all decked out with Olympics signage, but the playing surface will be the same and Lisicki's go-for-broke style ought to pay the same dividends at the place she so loves.
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 08:49 PM   #518
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

All those high expectations! I don't like that so much, she plays best when there is no pressure from the outside.
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 11:05 PM   #519
country flag maturedgirl

Quote:
All those high expectations! I don't like that so much, she plays best when there is no pressure from the outside.
But there's not more pressure as usual. She's a tennis player who wants to be top, so she has to stand it
Btw: ARD and ZdF present Kerber as the german tennis hope
Couldn't be better to motivate Sabine ...
So, stay relaxed and let the better girl win
Old Jul 25th, 2012, 03:31 AM   #520
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
She did get a little shaky in her match with Kerber, a match she could just as easily have won, but Lisicki is a robust, down-to-earth type who's unlikely to get tripped up by that going forward.
yeh, a reminiscence of the Doha match between these two, everything is on Sabine's racquet
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2012, 04:02 AM   #521
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
i didn't see too much of expectation from the outside though and i'm pretty sure Sabine won't see these as any sort of pressure

i agree she plays best when there's no pressure, however i sort of believe sometimes she's pushing herself bit too hard during the match which gives her very little buffer when bad thing happens, more of implosion, but it's her game
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2012, 07:18 AM   #522
country flag maturedgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeyWimey View Post
yeh, a reminiscence of the Doha match between these two, everything is on Sabine's racquet
in Doha she had obv. physical problems/ and yeah, it's all on her racket
to handle pressure is the key to be a winner and she already proved to have it down pat.

Quote:
sometimes she's pushing herself bit too hard during the match which gives her very little buffer when bad thing happens, more of implosion, but it's her game
one part of her appeal to me :P
Old Jul 25th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #523
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerangkid View Post
)
Btw: ARD and ZdF present Kerber as the german tennis hope

Last edited by Ziva : Jul 25th, 2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old Jul 27th, 2012, 07:14 PM   #524
country flag fhcpig

fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all

http://www.tennisnet.com/deutschland...-Liebe/4196611
Kerber and Lisicki - different ways to love Wimbledon

During the tournament for lawn Lisicki from the beginning a love affair was, it is for love on the second attempt was Kerber.

For Angelique Kerber , it was just love at second glance. Almost Wimbledon would have meant the end of her tennis career, now, the German number one Mitfavoritin to the Olympic tournament this Saturday at the traditional system in the All England Lawn Tennis Club begins. "I'm thrilled to be back here," said Kerber.

Grass as an ideal covering

three weeks ago, they stormed the Grand Slam show on the hallowed turf to the semifinals, the five rings, it will still go on at least one step. "If there is a covering that meets their game, then there is grass," said Fed Cup team boss Barbara Rittner. Not only does she secretly hopes that Kerber on Church Road gets a medal.

The last German tennis player who won Olympic precious metal, was Steffi Graf in 1992 won the Countess in Barcelona, ​​silver, four years before she was in Seoul Olympic champion. Since Graf in that year also won the four major tournaments on the tour, she succeeded in 1988 unmatched to this day known as the Golden Slam. How many players is Earl Kerber for an idol. That is just the beginning of the month at Wimbledon for the first meeting with her ​​idol came, makes the place even more special for the Kielerin. Long since forgotten the first-round defeat of 2011, after she almost made ​​the bat in the corner and ended her career would be.

New Popularity

Nothing is more reminiscent of those despondent and frustrated Kerber. When they start the week after a short break and returned one week training in Offenbach to London, she received her new popularity to feel. While the casserole is not as great as with Steffi Graf, but the autograph and photo hunters have already cast their eyes upon Kerber. "Now I know the people, but it's also fun," said the 24-year-old.

At the Olympics, the world number seven of Germany's gofer. In individual she meets in the first round of the Czech Petra Cetkovska, it is also for the Mixed with Philip Petzschner and the double with Sabine Lisicki provided. In Lisicki was different than Kerber. She needed no second attempt to get excited about Wimbledon. "I love the tournament," said the Berliner again, nowhere else she feels as comfortable as on the lawn in the southwest of the capital. 2011, they stood there in the semifinals, this year they lost in the quarterfinals against Kerber.

Rittner, "It may not all be friends with each other"

The handshake after the German duel on Centre Court fell from behavior, but to the harmony in duo Kerber / Lisicki is no need to worry. "When we play against each other, we are rivals, but then again we are talking to each other as usual," said Kerber. Rittner also feared no problems. "It need not all be friends with each other -. Agree but as long as the respect and acceptance, it's perfectly okay," Even on this Saturday, the two currently best-placed German women show that they work well together. Waiting on the road to hoped-for medal at the start, the British duo Laura Robson and Heather Watson. As the first of the German team needs to clock at 11.30 local time (12:30 CEST clock) Philipp Petzschner on the square. The short notice for the injured Croat Ivo Karlovic nachgerückte Bayreuth meets the Slovaks . Lukas Lacko also plays Mona Barthel against the Pole Urszula Radwanska.

-------------
I want to know how people german see the relationship between kerber and Sabine? is kerber gaining more popularity than Sabine after wimbledon?

Last edited by fhcpig : Jul 27th, 2012 at 07:25 PM.
fhcpig is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2012, 07:57 PM   #525
country flag Ziva

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhcpig View Post
I want to know how people german see the relationship between kerber and Sabine? is kerber gaining more popularity than Sabine after wimbledon?
sure Kerber gains more popularity, not just since Wimbledon. She get's the better results all year so it's normal.

Actually i don't think it's because of that.
They sure are no friends, but idon't think they hate eachother, as Rittner said, aslong as they respect each other, there is no Problem.