Sabine News & Articles - Page 34 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 24th, 2012, 04:34 PM   #496
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation
Re: Sabine News & Articles

Hitting a lot of balls...struggling just to keep them in court...I have a feeling of dread

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 24th, 2012, 04:41 PM   #497
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Well, he says, what we saw ourselfs.

Interesting stuff about the raquet, proofs that the move to change to Yonex at this time wasn't a good idea. I really wonder why she did that.

1R will be very hard to win for her, if she can't hit the court at all
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2012, 04:49 PM   #498
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhcpig View Post
I still don't understand why Sabine changed her racket,it's that necessary?what happened to her with Wilson?
She lost all her matches after changing racket
It's surely not for the racket that she lost the feeling for the ball. It's a lack of confidence she lost wonder why and how but she obviously lost it!
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 02:29 PM   #499
country flag lovethetennis

lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/...630193315.html

Quote:
by Barry Newcombe
Monday 25 June 2012

German Sabine Lisicki was one of the surprise packages at Wimbledon last year, storming through to the semi-finals for the first time and today she began a new challenge with a straight sets win over Petra Martic of Croatia with a 6-4 6-2 victory in 65 minutes.

Lisicki was a wild card entry last year but came into the Championships this time at 15th seed with her opening match on Court No.16, some way removed from the Centre Court status she earned in 2011.

Since Lisicki suffered an ankle injury in April she has played and lost in the opening round of tournaments at Rome, Strasbourg, Roland Garros and Birmingham. That was one reason why todayís win was so crucial.

ďIt was definitely good for me there in my favourite tournament and winning the first match especially,Ē Lisicki said. ďThe atmosphere was totally different than on the bigger court but as long as you can play at Wimbledon there is no better place. It does not matter which court you are on.Ē

Lisicki came to the court in striking pink shoes but changed into her tennis shoes for the match. The packed crowd was an indication that the German had more than attracted attention last year and now she was being assessed for what might happen this time.

Initially it went well for Lisicki, one of five German women in the draw, as she served two aces in her opening game.

But Martic,ranked 45th in the world, showed how much she wanted to beat Lisicki for the first time in three matches as she broke through in the third game. It was a hard-won break as Lisicki played two strong points, a smash and a forehand winner down the line. But Martic snatched the break with a winning volley and then a backhand error from the German.

Martic maintained command with three aces in a row in the next game to lead 3-1. But when she was ahead 4-3 Lisicki mounted a strong counter-attack, with a forehand winner to Marticís forehand corner taking her to break point and then a service return giving her the break back.

Lisicki won her next service game to love and clinched the set with a second break of serve when Martic double faulted on set point.

In the second set Martic fought hard to stay in the reckoning in the hope she could follow up her French Open showing where she beat a top tenner for the first time in Marion Bartoli.

But there was to be no surprise victory coming Marticís way today. Lisicki took her serve in the fourth game and that proved to be the springboard for her path to victory with two more breaks after that.

In the final game Martic saved one match point when Lisicki hit a forehand long. Then a Lisicki forehand earned her first match point with Marticís missed forehand signalling the end.
Old Jun 26th, 2012, 01:38 PM   #500
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Sabine Lisicki - first round

a very short one
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #501
country flag fhcpig

fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/...808742285.html
Sabine Lisicki - second round

S. LISICKI/B. Jovanovski
3‑6, 6‑2, 8‑6

Q. Quite a tough one for you?
SABINE LISICKI: Yeah, I was a bit nervous, which I didn't expect in the beginning, so didn't start off too well. But I kept fighting. That's what counts in the end.
I got through, so I get another chance to play better the next time.
Q. What was the problem today with your serve? You had multiple double faults.
SABINE LISICKI: Yeah, I don't know. As I said, I was a bit nervous. My toss was a bit off.
We'll go out there tomorrow and practice it, so I should be fine.
Q. Why were you nervous against someone you should have beaten so easily?
SABINE LISICKI: It wasn't about the opponent. It was just playing at Wimbledon. I don't know. I was surprised by myself.
But I handled it well in the end, so I was fine.
Q. Were you complaining to the umpire about the noise she was making?
SABINE LISICKI: Yes.
Q. How bad did you find it?
SABINE LISICKI: It was distracting. You usually hear the sound of the ball, but I couldn't really hear it because of her grunting. But that's why we have the rules, the hindrance rule.
So, yeah, that's what I talked about to the judge.
Q. How does it compare with Sharapova and Azarenka?
SABINE LISICKI: Yeah, it was completely different, but off putting, as well.
Grunting is part of the game, but it shouldn't be off putting and be an advantage for the opponent, the one who is doing it.
Q. You don't grunt, do you?
SABINE LISICKI: Sometimes I do, yes, but I hope it's not as bad. No one ever complains, though.
Q. Didn't seem to make much difference to her, though. She still carried on.
SABINE LISICKI: Yeah. Didn't have anything to do with that.
fhcpig is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 04:43 PM   #502
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

the grunting was indeed very different and she only did it sometimes, clearly to distract Bine.
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 12:03 AM   #503
country flag lovethetennis

lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold

Another grunt related article (handheld grunt monitors are in the works!)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ten...=feeds-newsxml
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 10:01 AM   #504
country flag Geekking

Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of

Sabine Lisicki talks reading, music and cooking...

Q: If you werenít a professional tennis player, what would you be doing?

SL: Oh god I hate that question. Itís hard to say because I started to play tennis as a child and always loved it. Itís the only thing I can imagine myself doing and Iíll see what I do after my career.

Q: What are your main interests outside of tennis?

SL: I spend a lot of time online skyping with my friends because I am away so much. I also love to read and listen to music

Q: What do you eat for breakfast on the day of a match?

SL: It depends, maybe scrambled eggs or ham and toast.

Q: Describe your ideal holiday.

SL: It would be at the beach in the sun relaxing with a book to read and doing nothing.

Q: If you could meet anyone past or present, who would it be?

SL: I donít know what his name is, but the person who landed the plane on the (Hudson) river in New York. I would like to meet him just to ask him and how he coped with the pressure. Oh, also Drew Brees and Miroslav Klose.

Q: Who were your idols when you were growing up?

SL: Mary Pierce, Martina Hingis and Andre Agassi.

Q: Do you have any hidden talents?

SL: Cooking.

Q: What is your favourite sport apart from tennis?

SL: I love to go swimming ever since I learnt it while I was injured. I love track and field, ice hockey and American football to watch.

Q: Whatís the most played song on your mp3 player at the moment?

SL: Just Canít Get Enough by The Black Eyed Peas.

Q: What is your favourite film?

SL: Troy.
Geekking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 05:03 PM   #505
country flag maturedgirl

Lisicki earns Rematch with Sharapova

"If Sabine Lisicki took issue with the noise coming from across the net during her second-round marathon, she best prepare for more of the same after booking a fourth-round rematch of last year's Wimbledon semi-final with Maria Sharapova."

Old Jun 29th, 2012, 05:25 PM   #506
country flag fhcpig

fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/...985752843.html
Sabine Lisicki - third round
S. LISICKI/S. Stephens
7‑6, 1‑6, 6‑2

Q. It looked like a tough encounter for you out there.
SABINE LISICKI: Yes, Sloane plays great. She's a good, talented young girl. I knew she can serve well, so, you know, had to take my chances. That's what I did in the third set quite well. I'm happy that I got through.

Q. Obviously there is a comparison to be made with the Williams sisters. She's touted as the next big thing. How would you make that comparison?
SABINE LISICKI: Well, she plays a bit differently, but, you know, I think it's hard to compare players to each other, because everybody has a bit different style of play.
So, you know, it's good to see someone coming up from the States after the Williams sisters. You know, we'll see what happens within the next couple of years.

Q. Can I just ask about in your last game not this one but the last one against Jovanovski you made a complaint to the umpire about her noise. You've got Maria in the next round who is obviously fairly noisy. Will that feature at all in your plans? I know you have played her before and last year at the semifinal, but clearly it's off putting for you.
SABINE LISICKI: I'll go into the match and focus on myself. We'll see what happens out there. It's another challenge. I love playing those big matches, so, you know, I'm just looking forward to it, really.

Q. Does it put you off, the noise from the other side of the net on a regular basis, or is it just...
SABINE LISICKI: It did the last match. That's why I complained. It was better afterwards. It was fine.

Q. What were you thinking when you were down 5 2 in that tiebreaker in the first set? Was all hope lost?
SABINE LISICKI: No, no, not at all, no. You know, the match is never over till the last point is finished. It doesn't matter if it's first set tiebreak or last set.
I knew I made some easy mistakes to go down 2 5. I had chances. The conditions were hard. It was very windy, but, you know, I adjusted well, I think. Just calmed down and went for my shots and made them.

Q. Can you describe what the challenge is when you play against Maria Sharapova?
SABINE LISICKI: Well, she's a great competitor how she fights for every point. Obviously she has a lot of confidence obviously coming off the French Open now.
You know, she hits it flat and hard, and, you know, she's a champion, won so many Grand Slams. You know, it's nice to play her again, and, you know, I'm just looking forward to that big match again.

Q. What are the mental and physical challenges given how well she has been playing lately?
SABINE LISICKI: Well, it's always hard to play her. She's a great player. We had a very close match in Australia, played a great match.
So, you know, it was definitely really close, and I'm looking forward to playing here in Wimbledon again.

Q. What do you remember about when she won here? Did you watch it on TV? When she won the championship here years ago, do you remember seeing it on TV? Do you have any memories of that?
SABINE LISICKI: No, not really. I just remember that she won it as a 17 year old, but I didn't really see a lot of matches, because in Germany I don't think they showed it on EuroSport (smiling).

Q. You were up in the second set in the semifinal last year. Did it take a lot to come back from that sort of disappointment? You did have a chance last year.
SABINE LISICKI: Yeah, I did have a chance. I was playing well. But, you know, she's a great fighter, so she was striking the ball well, and, you know, I played her again in the Australian Open. You know, I put up a great fight, and it was very close. I mean, we had a 17 minute game in the third set. I think that was the deciding game, and I lost by a break.
So I love those matches. It's a great challenge. It's a good thing to improve, as well.

Q. In those tight matches with her, what has been the slight difference, do you think?
SABINE LISICKI: Well, in the first few matches I obviously didn't know much how it feels to play her, but I think that was much better in the Australian Open. I knew what to expect and how she plays, how it feels to play her.
So, you know, I just have to go for my shots and don't make too many mistakes. We'll see what happens.

Q. What did you make of Sloane? She's an up and coming potential star. How do you think she played? Third set she missed a few grounds but the first two sets she played very well.
SABINE LISICKI: Yeah, she's a great, talented, young American girl. She hits it quite hard, as well, at times and has a good serve.
It was fun to play out there. I mean, tricky conditions, so it's never easy. But, you know, I'm happy that I played well and took my chances especially in the third set to win it.

Q. Do you think she's got, in terms of her future, a bright future ahead of her?
SABINE LISICKI: Of course. I mean, as long as you work hard, anybody can go up there. So it always depends.
You need a little bit of luck, as well. So, you know, we'll see what happens.

Q. If you watched it last night, what were your thoughts watching the way the Nadal match unfolded?
SABINE LISICKI: I didn't watch it. I was watching the Germany soccer match. Sorry. (Laughter.)
fhcpig is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #507
country flag Ziva

i would say she beat her personal "you know" record here
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 06:51 PM   #508
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

How many 'so uhmmssss' were there?

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 06:52 PM   #509
country flag Ziva

a lot of course
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #510
country flag maturedgirl

Lisicki Coming Alive, World No.1 Up Next