Sabine News & Articles - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 23rd, 2009, 11:05 PM   #31
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sabine News & Articles

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hi everybody,

Today was a very easy going day. Practice went very well. I talked quite a lot with the players while I was on site and thought of going to the movies later in the day. Instead I decided to go back to the hotel to take a nap. Once I woke up all fresh again, I watched a DVD - to be specific, I watched The Notebook. I think it was a nice movie with a great love story. It ended pretty sad though.

My opponents haven't finished their match yet so I don't know who I'll play. I'm sure it will be a great match against either one of them and I'm looking forward to tomorrow's match!! I'm happy with the way I'm hitting the ball and so glad to be back on the court. When I had all those injuries I really missed being on the tour. Tennis is simply my passion!

Soon we have the off-season. Every player takes some time off. It's a great time because I get to see all the people that are important to me and get to do some things I might not be able to do during the season. End of November, I start the preparation for next year. It's basically the only time of the year where I don't play tournaments and do training only. I'll spend most of that time in Florida...

Alright that's all for today. I'll talk to you tomorrow!

Sabine

What kind of sacrifices have you had to make to become a professional player? Mark, Ireland
I really love tennis. I'm very lucky I can do what I love! I enjoy working on and off the court so there is not much I miss. Of course I can't see my friends as much but thanks to Skype and e-mails it's not that big of a problem

What do you enjoy doing most during your free time away from tennis? Drew, Singapore
I enjoy watching movies, reading books, listening to music and of course I use the internet to stay in touch with my family and friends! When I'm at home I also enjoy painting. My mom is an artist so I guess it's in my blood to be a little bit of an artist too.

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 25th, 2009, 05:52 AM   #32
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Friday, October 23, 2009

Hi guys,

It was another good day for me. This morning I woke up and saw that I was going to play against Patty. I played against her just a few weeks ago in Tokyo. I knew what to expect. I won, 64 62, and I'm very happy to be in the semis! I'm going to play against Shahar Peer second match after 2pm. I played her last year twice and we are tied at 1-1 in H2H. I'm sure it will be a good match.

Before my match I met Jana Novotna. It brought some memories up. I thought I'd share them with you When I was a little kid I went to practice with her. I was so nervous, I forgot to bring my shoes!! Can you imagine, you meet such a great player and forget your shoes. What impression does that make? Not good. Anyway, we went to the clubhouse and bought a new pair so I could practice with her. It was great and I still have a picture of the two of us

Alright, it's pretty late here. Sorry for the short blog but I need to get some sleep to be fit and ready to go for tomorrow!

Talk to you tomorrow,

Sabine

How do you like living in Bradenton? Fred
It's great. I have everything I need there so I'm very happy! I know a lot of people in the academy and it's always great to see and talk to them. I'm looking forward to Decemeber when I will be back again!

Among all off-court activities you've ever done, which was your favorite? Alain, Canada
There is so much to explore in this world! I really enjoy a lot of things. Once in a tournament I did curling and that was fun and something totally different! But also watching other sports is great.

Who is your favorite men's tennis player? Nguyet
I really enjoy watching Federer and Nadal. They are both great players and are fighting on the court! I like that Also I like watching Santoro. He is the magician of the ATP Tour. It's sad he's leaving at the end of this year.

Old Oct 25th, 2009, 05:57 AM   #33
country flag hellas719

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Hello again everyone

It was a battle against Shahar today. Being down in the third set and again in the tie-break, I had to play the important points well to pull it out. You never know what's going to happen in the third set so I'm really happy I won that one.

I had a good preparation for the match today. I slept in a little bit and had a good breakfast, then spent some time reading James Blake's autobiography. It's just a great story. He has had so many struggles but got through them to become one of the best players in the world. Anyway, after reading for a bit I went on site, warmed up, ate something then went on court.

After the match I did a sponsor visit, got some treatment done then headed back to the hotel, where I'm writing to you from

I have to say, the crowd was great today. It was almost full and so many people were supporting me, it was a great atmosphere. I really enjoyed being on the court. I'm very happy to be in the final too. Timea also had a very long semifinal, so we'll see what happens tomorrow. I'm ready for another battle.

I'll talk to you all after the final... have a good night!

Sabine

What is the fastest serve you've ever hit? Carol, USA
127mph, but it wasn't officially clocked. Officially clocked, I'm at 125mph. I'm pretty lucky, I've always had a good serve. But I'm working on it too. You can always improve all parts of your game.

Your English is really good, when did you start speaking it? Phil, USA
When I came to America the first time I didn't speak much English at all, but I was lucky to have good people around me who encouraged me to learn it. They really helped me a lot. Also, spending so much time in Florida now helps.

I noticed you always wear a cross. Are you religious? Wendy
I am, I'm Catholic. My parents are Catholic so I am as well.

What are your goals for 2010 and for your career? Hugh, UK
I'm ranked No.28 right now and my next goal is to get to the Top 20 as soon as possible, and then of course the Top 10. But my career goal is to become No.1 in the world and win Grand Slams. I'm in no rush, I'm giving myself time. I believe everything comes with time and for a reason. I work very hard. I hope someday I'll reach No.1!

Old Oct 25th, 2009, 09:26 AM   #34
country flag Hugh.

Hugh. is a splendid one to behold Hugh. is a splendid one to behold Hugh. is a splendid one to behold Hugh. is a splendid one to behold Hugh. is a splendid one to behold Hugh. is a splendid one to behold Hugh. is a splendid one to behold Hugh. is a splendid one to behold Hugh. is a splendid one to behold Hugh. is a splendid one to behold Hugh. is a splendid one to behold

^ That last question was from me
Hugh. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2009, 10:21 AM   #35
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh. View Post
^ That last question was from me
Congrats you got the answer
Old Oct 26th, 2009, 03:28 AM   #36
country flag hellas719

Old Oct 26th, 2009, 03:57 AM   #37
country flag hellas719

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Hi everybody,

I had a great week in Luxembourg and really enjoyed my time here! I didn't win today and I'm disappointed but I'm happy I did so well this week. The crowd was amazing. The stadium was full and they made me cry at the ceremony... It was so lovely of everybody to support me like that throughout the week!

It's not easy to come back from injuries. You have a lack of practice, matches and other little things. I'm going home with a smile on my face and a tear in my eye because I had a great week here but at the same time I wanted to win!

I have lots of room to improve and I'm looking forward to the off-season to get rest and then get started to be ready for the new season!

I'm flying home tonight, that's why I'm not writing too much... I hope that you enjoyed reading my blog this week and thanks a lot for all the questions!!!

Thanks for your support and I'm looking forward to blogging again.

Love,

Sabine

Old Nov 1st, 2009, 04:23 AM   #38
country flag hellas719

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/n...256076_1839687

Sabine Lisicki (#25)
Germany's Lisicki had a breakthrough season winning her maiden Tour title at the Family Circle Cup (Charleston), defeating three Top 10 players en route to the trophy (Venus Williams, Marion Bartoli and Caroline Wozniacki). After Charleston, Lisicki's ranking surged from No.63 to No.43, then a career high. In addition, Lisicki enjoyed two wins during Germany's triumph over China in Fed Cup and had her best performance at a Grand Slam by reaching the quarterfinals at Wimbledon, defeating Svetlana Kuznetsova and Caroline Wozniacki but falling to top seed Dinara Safina. Lisicki made her career Top 30 debut on July 6, 2009 and currently has a career-high ranking of world No.25.

Old Nov 6th, 2009, 02:25 PM   #39
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

Talented Lisicki looks to world number one spot

Bruce Emond , The Jakarta Post , Nusa Dua, Bali | Wed, 11/04/2009 11:50 AM | Sports

Lofty comparisons to the legendary Steffi Graf would have many young players shaking in their tennis shoes. German Sabine Lisicki, who has carved out a breakthrough season in 2009, is taking everything in stride.

At this year’s Wimbledon, Lisicki, who had never won a match at the grass-court Grand Slam before, crawled her way back from the brink of defeat against Russian Anna Chakvetadze, upset 5th seed Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia and then met Dane Caroline Wozniacki in the last 16. The encounter included a much YouTubed collision at a changeover between the two off-court friends, but the bump did not rattle Lisicki’s focus as she powered on to victory.

Although she lost to top seed Dinara Safina of Russia in three sets in the quarterfinals, she basked in the opportunity to play on Wimbledon’s hallowed Center Court.

“I love the big stages. That’s where I want to be. I just love playing tennis,” Lisicki says.

A wildcard at this week’s Commonwealth Bank Tournament of Champions at the Westin Hotel Convention Center, the 20-year-old appears equipped with the versatile game and the confidence to restore some of the glory that German women’s tennis enjoyed in the 1980s and 1990s, when it could rely on the talents of Bettina Bunge, Claudia Kohde-Kilsch and Graf. There has been little to get excited about since Graf’s retirement in 1998.

After turning pro in 2006, Lisicki says it took two years of hard work to improve her game to a level where she could compete with the top players. Her breakthrough this year came at the Charleston tournament during the spring US clay-court swing.

Lisicki beat higher ranked Venus Williams of the US, French Marion Bartoli and Wozniacki on her way to the title without dropping a set.

“It was an exciting week. It was a really good match against Venus, and then I just kept on playing and playing.”

Her showing at Wimbledon and solid performances throughout much of the year, including reaching the final at Luxembourg in October, showed that she was not simply a one-tournament wonder. She is currently world ranked 25.

Like most of her peers, Lisicki has a steady baseline game and hits a double-handed backhand. The difference is that she also has the weapon of a powerful serve — her favorite shot — and, unlike players who dread playing the net, she also will move forward to volley.

Lisicki, like Wozniacki and Alexandra Wozniak of Canada, as well as the German-raised Radwanska sisters, is of Polish parentage. She seems bemused by tennis scribes’ speculation about the future Polish “domination” of the sport.

“I don’t know, I was born and raised in Germany,” says Lisicki, who is coached by father Richard. “It’s funny but I think it’s great that we came such a long way in the sport. I don’t know why, but it works.”

It’s not all been a cakewalk for Lisicki. She has suffered a spate of injuries this year, including an ankle injury on matchpoint down against Anastasia Rodionova at the US Open.

But each time she has bounced back, with the resilience to keep on improving.

“My dream always has been to become number one, and I’ll work hard to do it,” says Lisicki, who will begin her campaign Wednesday against France’s Aravane Rezai.

“And also to win a grand slam — any one of them.”

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...-one-spot.html
Old Nov 7th, 2009, 02:28 AM   #40
country flag hellas719

Thanks
I hope she becomes #1 and wins a slam
I think we'll have to wait until WS and Justine retire though
I think if she gets it, then it will come towards the end of her career

Old Nov 11th, 2009, 12:34 PM   #41
country flag zveeen

zveeen has a brilliant future zveeen has a brilliant future zveeen has a brilliant future zveeen has a brilliant future zveeen has a brilliant future zveeen has a brilliant future zveeen has a brilliant future zveeen has a brilliant future zveeen has a brilliant future zveeen has a brilliant future zveeen has a brilliant future

In "Bild" was a article, that she served in Bali with 210 kmh
zveeen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2009, 02:01 PM   #42
country flag Lisickinator

Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by zveeen View Post
In "Bild" was a article, that she served in Bali with 210 kmh
which is a new world record

An accent is not an apostrophe.
Lisickinator is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2009, 04:30 PM   #43
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Here is the Link for the Bild-article

http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/mehr-s...ag-rekord.html
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2009, 02:19 AM   #44
country flag hellas719

Sabine

Old Nov 25th, 2009, 06:35 PM   #45
country flag Hugh.

Hugh. is a splendid one to behold Hugh. is a splendid one to behold Hugh. is a splendid one to behold Hugh. is a splendid one to behold Hugh. is a splendid one to behold Hugh. is a splendid one to behold Hugh. is a splendid one to behold Hugh. is a splendid one to behold Hugh. is a splendid one to behold Hugh. is a splendid one to behold Hugh. is a splendid one to behold

Sabine is up for an award in Berlin's Sports Personalities of the year:
http://www.champions-berlin.de/

But the voting is only open until midnight tomorrow...
Hugh. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote