U.S. Open in Flushing Meadows - 2009 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 26th, 2009, 07:06 PM   #1
country flag Matt.

Matt. is a splendid one to behold Matt. is a splendid one to behold Matt. is a splendid one to behold Matt. is a splendid one to behold Matt. is a splendid one to behold Matt. is a splendid one to behold Matt. is a splendid one to behold Matt. is a splendid one to behold Matt. is a splendid one to behold Matt. is a splendid one to behold Matt. is a splendid one to behold
U.S. Open in Flushing Meadows - 2009

Agnieszka's loss against Razzano is her last of the summer, ending her string of tournaments during the U.S. Open series. From August 31 to September 13, Agnieszka and Urszula will be participating in the main draw of the Open. Please use this thread for all draws, material, and live scores throughout the tournament.

And finally... Good Luck to Isia and Ula!
Matt. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 27th, 2009, 05:30 PM   #2
country flag gumoll

gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute
Re: U.S. Open in Flushing Meadows - 2009

Ula playing Barrois in first round

2nd vs Safina

Aga vs Mayr, then Q or Kirilenko, in third round vs Na Li
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 05:30 PM   #3
country flag Agata.

Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of

Aga's draw

Kirilenko vs. Qualifier
[12] A. Radwanska vs. Mayr

She will propably play against Li if both get to the 3rd round, she is in Azarenka's part of the draw

Ula's draw

[1] Safina vs. Rogowska
U. Radwanska vs. Barrois

D. Cibulkova/ S. Lisicki/ E. Dementieva/ M. Sharapova/ Y. Shvedova/ L. Safarova/ T. Pironkova/ A. Kerber
all Polish players

Rafael Nadal

Last edited by Agata. : Aug 27th, 2009 at 05:39 PM.
Agata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 05:32 PM   #4
country flag Agata.

Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of

Tomek was quicker than me

Overall, I'd call it a good draw for Agnieszka, a bit worse for Ula, but maybe she can beat Barrois and cause an upset in the 2nd round?

GL to both of them

D. Cibulkova/ S. Lisicki/ E. Dementieva/ M. Sharapova/ Y. Shvedova/ L. Safarova/ T. Pironkova/ A. Kerber
all Polish players

Rafael Nadal

Last edited by Agata. : Aug 27th, 2009 at 05:40 PM.
Agata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 05:57 PM   #5
country flag Caipirinha Guy

Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Na after injury will advance to R3. Most possibly Aga vs Larcher de Buritto
Caipirinha Guy is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 06:26 PM   #6
country flag Cinek

Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future

Good draw for Aga, bad draw for Ula.
I hope Aga will be in 4r or maybe QF and I hope Ula will be in 2r and will fight with Safina.

Like us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter
Also in Tumblr
Cinek is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 08:07 PM   #7
country flag olivero

olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute

Aga's draw is pretty good. Mayr in the first round is a great warm up

Ula's draw isn't bad. She's not playing vs seeded player. Barrois is beatable.
olivero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 08:16 PM   #8
country flag gaja kesari

gaja kesari has much to be proud of gaja kesari has much to be proud of gaja kesari has much to be proud of gaja kesari has much to be proud of gaja kesari has much to be proud of gaja kesari has much to be proud of gaja kesari has much to be proud of gaja kesari has much to be proud of gaja kesari has much to be proud of gaja kesari has much to be proud of gaja kesari has much to be proud of

Agnieszka's in Venus's quarter of course.

It looks like Ula will get to a show court first

Best of luck to both. Agnieszka, I hope your wrist recovers fully before you have to play.
Yeah look out baby, I`m at high tide
gaja kesari is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 10:30 PM   #9
country flag justine schnyder

justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute

The seeds in her section are scary.. Good luck Aga!!!!!!
Do your best Ula

Official Trainer of the Jelena Clinic

http://i52.tinypic.com/2zxmlab.png
justine schnyder is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2009, 03:45 AM   #10
country flag Matt.

Matt. is a splendid one to behold Matt. is a splendid one to behold Matt. is a splendid one to behold Matt. is a splendid one to behold Matt. is a splendid one to behold Matt. is a splendid one to behold Matt. is a splendid one to behold Matt. is a splendid one to behold Matt. is a splendid one to behold Matt. is a splendid one to behold Matt. is a splendid one to behold

I've wanted to post this for quite some time but figured I'd wait until the U.S. Open was very near.. It's just a small point about the draws Agnieszka has received in majors that we might forget about.

AO 2008 - Loses to D. Hantuchova, whose form against Agnieszka carried her to 6-0 2-0 against the eventually finalist.

FO 2008 - Loses to J. Jankovic, who was within 2 games of being in the final.

W 2008 - Loses to S. Williams, eventual finalist.

USO 2008 - Loses to V. Williams, who nearly beat (had multiple set points in both sets) S. Williams, the champion.

AO 2009 - Loses to K. Bondarenko, Agnieszka's only truly bad loss in a major.

FO 2009 - Loses to S. Kuznetsova, the eventual champion.

W 2009 - Loses to V. Williams, the eventual finalist.

Aside from this years Australian Open, this has been one ridiculous ride! Agnieszka must be, over the last two years, the bearer of some of the worst major draws possible. She is usually in good form for the majors and does well in her early round matches, but has the great luck of drawing finalists and champions on a regular basis!
Matt. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2009, 05:29 AM   #11
country flag Aryman3

Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future

Who wins against Agnieszka must be of the winner's-crop
Aryman3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 11:00 AM   #12
country flag Caipirinha Guy

Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Not good news:

Radwanska got injured in New Haven. She retired during the match with french player Virginie Razzano. - She had the same injury a year ago. It's not about the wrist but the tendon near the finger of right hand - told Radwanska's coach on friday evening on Flushing Meadows. - She had this imflammation in Stokholm and now suddenly in New Haven. It's painful as she can't hold her racket comfortably.

Agnieszka tried to train normally on friday but she couldn't get on. - She played 30 minutes and gave up. She takes medicines and there's a minimal improvement. There are two-three day to the beginning of the tournament so we hope it will be good - told Radwański. Agnieszka didn't train on court which doesn't mean she didn't practise at all - on friday she had e.g. two trainings on the gym.

'Agnieszka won't withdraw herself but if it hurt her in the first match, she can retire - told Radwanska's coach

---------

I think that despite an injury she should easily beat Mayr and even Kirilenko which are not at their best form. 3th round is still beatable as Li was also injured and can not play her best shots. I don't even think Li can advance to 3rd round. Agnieszka would face de Brito then

Last edited by Caipirinha Guy : Aug 29th, 2009 at 11:08 AM.
Caipirinha Guy is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 10:24 PM   #13
country flag dabossK

dabossK is a name known to all dabossK is a name known to all dabossK is a name known to all dabossK is a name known to all dabossK is a name known to all dabossK is a name known to all dabossK is a name known to all dabossK is a name known to all dabossK is a name known to all dabossK is a name known to all dabossK is a name known to all

Damnit Agnieszka i knew that playing all those tounraments in a row would do her damage. This sucks i want her to reach the quarterfinal and give Serena a good showing but damnit.
dabossK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 11:19 PM   #14
country flag mateusz2904
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinUla View Post
Not good news:

Radwanska got injured in New Haven. She retired during the match with french player Virginie Razzano. - She had the same injury a year ago. It's not about the wrist but the tendon near the finger of right hand - told Radwanska's coach on friday evening on Flushing Meadows. - She had this imflammation in Stokholm and now suddenly in New Haven. It's painful as she can't hold her racket comfortably.

Agnieszka tried to train normally on friday but she couldn't get on. - She played 30 minutes and gave up. She takes medicines and there's a minimal improvement. There are two-three day to the beginning of the tournament so we hope it will be good - told Radwański. Agnieszka didn't train on court which doesn't mean she didn't practise at all - on friday she had e.g. two trainings on the gym.

'Agnieszka won't withdraw herself but if it hurt her in the first match, she can retire - told Radwanska's coach

---------

I think that despite an injury she should easily beat Mayr and even Kirilenko which are not at their best form. 3th round is still beatable as Li was also injured and can not play her best shots. I don't even think Li can advance to 3rd round. Agnieszka would face de Brito then
I hope her hand will be OK on Monday... I was happy because of the draw, cause it isn't bad for Aga... She is 12., so in the QF she could meet with Safina/Serena/Venus/Dementieva. For Aga Dementieva is the best opponent, but it's only 25% chances for playing her...
But now her hand is the most important, in that situation 4th round and defending points from last year will be a big achievment for her...

Ula... she's unlucky I think... Usually her draw isn't good... but i hope she'll play longer than an hour with Safina (and I want a big suprise!). And next year she should be seeded player so there won't be any problems like that one;D

GL girls!
mateusz2904 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2009, 11:16 AM   #15
country flag pattty

pattty is a name known to all pattty is a name known to all pattty is a name known to all pattty is a name known to all pattty is a name known to all pattty is a name known to all pattty is a name known to all pattty is a name known to all pattty is a name known to all pattty is a name known to all pattty is a name known to all

Well, draw isn't that bad so hope Aga does well but with this injury would be tough, hope everything will be okay.
About Ula, I thinkg everybody would love to see a nice suprise from her, it's kind impossible but Dina plays exellent but other day, she can't hit the ball in so Ula give your best but first round first.

Good Luck girls!!

make.belive
pattty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote