Sneki's Blog From Tunisia 2009 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 25th, 2009, 07:02 PM   #1
country flag Snex

Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Sneki's Blog From Tunisia 2009

Can you believe?!?!?!? I finished!!! Enjoy!
Snex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 25th, 2009, 07:04 PM   #2
country flag Snex

Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sneki's Blog From Tunisia 2009

My first plan was to go to Hammamet, but considering that I’ve already been there, I decided to change the destination, so I chose Nabeul. I read something about this little town, and it seemed to me like a desert across the seven seas where I can really have some rest. I had very bad experience with my kid when I took him to Corfu (Greece) two years ago where he squandered ¾ of the money I brought there for 3 days for video games, gyros, aqua parks, toys, etc. This time, I decided, we’ll go to some boring place where he’ll enjoy in the swimming pool all day long, and I’ll have some rest on the beach. And it was really like that - boring, boring and boring.

I chose hotel Les Pyramides, just because it is almost the only hotel in Nabeul with its own beach, and very good entertainment for the guests (I found some information on the web). However, since the hotel and public beach are not separated I could see some very interesting things there.

Old Aug 25th, 2009, 07:09 PM   #3
country flag Snex

Here we go.

04/08/2009, beautiful, windy evening. The flight was scheduled for 22:30. It didn’t last longer than 2 hours, but the van that brought us from the Monastir airport to Nabeul stopped 3 times before we were finally delivered in front of our hotel at 2:30 (local time, 3:30 CET).

On our way to the Gate C3. Like Foonie’s one.

The breakfast in the hotel begins at 6 and lasts till 9:30. We didn’t have much time for sleeping. Besides, the girl at the airport gave me the list of passengers to hand it to one girl from the agency at 10:30 am. Why the hell me?!

After the breakfast we came back to our room, and kid immediately wore his shorts and flew towards the swimming pool, and I went to the reception to wait for the girl who was honoured to receive the list of passengers from me.

Hotel – Inside, towards the hotel restaurant

When I came back to the room I threw myself into bed and slept until 17:30. Kid’s first day was fantastic, considering that I picked him up from the swimming pool at 18:15. The dinner begins at 19, but I wasn’t that hungry because I slept 6 hours. On the other hand, my son already made friends with some kids. “Hi, what’s your name, I’m Vladimir”. The boy answers “Boris”. “Cool. Let’s play”. Unbelievable! But his way of establishing contacts is amazing. And it works very well.

After the diner we went to the beach for a walk.

Hotel – Inside, towards the hotel beach

He immediately stepped into water, and walked down the beach through the water. All of a sudden 2 boys appeared in front of me. One was approximately 8 and the smaller was not older than 6. The older one told me “Bonjour madam” (in the evening ) and offered his small hand for a handshake. I accepted that gesture and said “Bonjour” . Another one did the same, and showed me his lips like he wants a kiss, and I said “No, merci”.

Beach

When we attempted to get back to the hotel from the beach... WTF?!?!?!? The gate was locked.

In order to get back to the hotel we had to pass through the part of public beach, followed by the curious eyes of Nabeulians (is this the right word? ) that were sitting on the sand, and to get back to the hotel through the main gate. We went to sleep earlier because we were very tired.
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 07:12 PM   #4
дalex

дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute

:ki ss:
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 07:19 PM   #5
country flag Snex

We woke up around 5:30 next morning because I wanted to go to the beach before it is crowded.

After swimming, we sat on the sand to catch some colour. 5 minutes later I noticed one young man, probably 10 years younger than me, standing about 10 metres from us and watching us. He stood there for a while and then left. About 20 minutes later he appeared again standing on the same place and watching us again. Then, I started talking something to my son and he started laughing, and the boy has finally gone.

However, a few metres from us one young lady from Russia or Czech Republic was positioned (I’m not quite sure, I didn’t hear her well when she was talking with her friends). Suddenly one guy appeared and started watching her. When he noticed that she smokes, he came closer and told her something. She took out the lighter from her bag and gave him. When he lit his cigarette he didn’t leave, but was still standing by her talking something. As soon as she concluded that he has no intention to leave, she took out her mobile and started typing something. One more local gigolo. As you can notice, he ignored her ignoring.

LMAO!!!

When we got back to our room I went to sleep again, and kid went to the swimming pool. He didn’t want to waste a minute. That swimming pool works from 9:00 to 19:00. Beside the evening entertainment, there is also a daytime treatment for the guests.

The music plays non stop and this bald guy jumps and waves with his arms inviting people to join him. Some do accept that kind of animation, while others ignore him.

Morning animation

Evening party for kids

I won’t write too much (don’t want to be annoying again). Generally, more or less all our days there were almost the same. We discovered one big store called Monoprix where we were going time to time to buy some cakes and chips (and I bought tons of Harrisa to take home ).

Harrisa - Hot red pepper sauce

Also, we went 3-4 times to one nameless restaurant (or I didn’t notice its name ) to have lunch there.
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 07:27 PM   #6
country flag Snex

One day, I decided to take my son to the pirate ship, and that was very good decision since he had so much fun there.

The ship was full of Russians, Arabs and French (about 60 people), and my kid concluded that “we are the only Serbs on this ship”. I also had fun there, and had nice conversation with the guys that were entertaining us.

Video - the pirate ship

When the trip started he didn’t feel well. Additionally, one young pair from Finland sat one metre from us and their 2 years old boy cried all the time. My kid said: “If he’s mine I’d throw him into the sea”. OTOH, I felt very well and successfully ignored little screamer. But once the ship stopped and started swinging I thought my soul will get out from my mouth. Fortunately I managed to control myself. Thanks God our hosts offered some food so I stopped thinking about my seasick, and ate one piece of grilled chicken (not bigger than my small finger) and a bit of salad.

The ship finally started sailing back, and I stood up feeling better. I was shocked when I discovered that I was sitting on some water. I looked like… On our way back we passed by another pirate ship.

My kid felt reborn and started exploring the ship. He brought me one piece of watermelon and some coke. I must admit that he took good care of me. We were finally driven back to the hotel around 18:30.

Well, since these were the most interesting parts of our vacation, I won’t write more, but will close this blog with some additional pics and videos.
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 07:37 PM   #7
дalex

дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute

With whom was your kid while you were having your beauty naps in the afternoon?
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 07:38 PM   #8
country flag Snex

More from the pirate ship

Mediterranean Sea

Pirate ship leaving Nabeul

Coast - from the pirate ship

Old Aug 25th, 2009, 07:42 PM   #9
дalex

Quote:
I won’t write too much (don’t want to be annoying again)
Write as much as you want. You're not that annoying. Maybe to Danilo you are; he put you in the TWAT draw. But he put us all there and you were fortunate enough to win a round before the competition was canceled. I wish I could have played and won my 1st round.
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 07:43 PM   #10
country flag Snex

Pics from the hotel

Little park in Pyramides - I started laughing first time I saw it and my kid looked at me like this . I told him that I’m wondering how would JJ look with one of these umbrellas.

Path to the beach

Swimming pool and stage

Hotel room
Air conditioner without remote control
TV without remote control and antenna cable

Tennis court Too hot for playing

Old Aug 25th, 2009, 07:45 PM   #11
country flag Snex

Some more pics from the hotel

Some interesting scenes from the hotel restaurant

Another one

Some Engrish

Reception – The day of departure

Old Aug 25th, 2009, 07:46 PM   #12
country flag ce

ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute

^ i was wondering the same
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 07:49 PM   #13
country flag Snex

Some pics of Nabeul

Right from the hotel – Road to the public beach

Left from the hotel – Road to the centre

Main street (I love these trees )

Nabeul fair

Horses

Taxiphone – I bought here a number for mobile for 5 TD (€2.5 approx) and credit for the same price, and I could send 50 messages to anybody in Serbia, or to talk 15 minutes with my

Video

Old Aug 25th, 2009, 07:52 PM   #14
country flag Snex

Some shots in Hammamet - Yasmine

Square in Hammamet

Hotel Vincci Lella Baya

Hotel Vincci Lella Baya – Main entrance

Hammamet from the minibus

Old Aug 25th, 2009, 07:56 PM   #15
country flag Snex

Monastir airport

Our plane

WTF?!?!?!?! I expected to see Sigourney Weaver and her “buddy” somewhere in the plane. This scene was fantastic.

Map – We could always see where we are...

Airport-Monastir

“Alien”

I’m sorry that I couldn’t write more, but I couldn’t prepare more pics and vids. Last year I made one Word doc of 46 pages with pics, and videos included from Egypt. I’ll try to translate that text into English and post here one day… That was the trip… I am also sorry that the videos are not of great quality, but it was very difficult recording while I walked.