Norwegian tennis - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 24th, 2009, 12:46 PM   #1
country flag Frode
HEADBANGER

Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute
Norwegian tennis

Ulrikke Eikeri won the Norwegian title on Saturday, beating Helene Auensen 6-1 6-4.

She was the presented with the Kings Cup by Her Majesty, Queen Sonja, who was a spectator for the second set.

The two finalist also won the doubles title together.

To make it a hat trick Eikeri also won the Mix double title with her brother, Theodor.
Advertisement

Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 09:34 AM   #2
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Norwegian tennis

16 year old Hedda Odegaard won the Norwegian Championship this year. She beat Ulrikke Eikeri in the semifinal (Ulrikke retired in the 3rd set), and Caroline Rohde-Moe in the final (in two sets)! Impressive results against two very good players!

Norway now has 4 good players who should be able to make some results on the pro circuit (10-25K): Ulrikke Eikeri, Caroline Rohde-Moe, Emma Flood, and Hedda Odegaard. Well done, Norway.
angliru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:53 AM   #3
country flag Håkon

Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute

Also, Eikeri went on a huge winning spree in Italy after that retirement, so yes, that was a very good win by Hedda.

Btw it's Ødegaard. (The letter will probably be lost when she breaks through internationally but as long as she's only Scandinavian news, we can all type it. )
yet the weakest one still

twitter
Håkon is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 09:03 PM   #4
country flag Håkon

Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute

Some news on Norwegian tennis; a new indoor hall, the SEB Arena, has been built at Stabekk in the western suburbs of Oslo. Sponsors SEB have agreed to host a tournament for the next three years. The 'Norwegian Open' does not carry ITF points this year, and the total prize money is $10.000 (both for men and women I assume), but there are plans to coordinate with other tournaments in Sweden, Denmark and the Baltic Area, in order to waive the demand of hosting three tournaments in close proximity.

There are big goals of making this into a $50k+ Challenger tournament, though they're taking this step by step.

Caroline Rohde-Moe and Emma Flood are on the women's entry list this year, as well as Andrea Raaholt (15), daughter of Norway's best ever female player Amy Jönsson. On the men's side, Andreas Vinciguerra (former ATP #33) has been persuaded to play.

Source, in Norwegian: http://tennisen.no/index.php?option=...anen&Itemid=82

twitter
Old Dec 19th, 2011, 06:44 PM   #5
country flag Håkon

Norwegian Open 2011 results

twitter
Old Dec 19th, 2011, 06:46 PM   #6
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

A belated thanks for this update. I try to follow all Scandinavian tennis but I don't have as much time to post as I used to, so I've decided to concentrate on Danish news and results. But I always read all Scandinavian threads, so I hope you'll continue to post here.

Regarding Norwegian news: Hedda Ødegaard is on the entry list for three very big junior tournaments in Mexico, Costa Rica, and Venezuela after Christmas. It will be a great opportunity to earn some ranking points. Good luck!
Old Dec 19th, 2011, 06:52 PM   #7
country flag Håkon

I'll try. Will keep an eye on Hedda's results, certainly.

In other news Norway were handed a wildcard by the ITF for some reason, got promoted to Fed Cup group II (same as Denmark) despite having failed utterly last year. If Steiro continues her comeback there's actually five potential candidates for the team - hopefully our #2 can contribute a little more than in group III last year.

twitter
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #8
country flag Håkon

Hedda Ødegaard had some really bad luck on her Latin America tour, after beating Quevedo (Venezuela) in her first match she has been hindered by an infected blister on her ankle. There was a report in Aftenposten that she would play more tournaments, but she is not on the ELs, so I guess she has gone home to get it treated.

Meanwhile some girls are playing the indoor season in Sweden; Melanie Stokke (turned 16) had a nice run in Bromma G4, reaching a QF after starting in qualifying, and taking a set off Eva Paalma (EST) once there. She lost 3 & 0 to Bertasiute (LTU) in Västerås G4 R16, though.

She was joined by some other Norwegians in Västerås; Andrea Raaholt (15) and Maria Grøner (16) both made it through qualifying. Raaholt won that match, but lost 67 26 to the not so special 8th seed Emilia Granström. So only R16 for Norwegians there.

Emma Flood begins the season in Antalya for the tournament fest there; she'll play 2 tournaments there on clay, then she's going to Mallorca the next week.

Ulrikke Eikeri starts her season in Coimbra 10k, Portugal (hard court), next week. She'll be the top seed.

twitter

Last edited by Håkon : Jan 11th, 2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 10:48 AM   #9
country flag Håkon

Week 3 round-up, only seniors and the very young active.

Emma Flood (21yo) lost both her R1s in Antalya and withdrew from Mallorca. 76(8) 36 36 vs Teni Lukas (17yo), and then 16 36 vs Sofia Kvatsabaia (last week's winner)

Ulrikke Eikeri started well enough in Coimbra, decimating Beatrice Cedemark 60 60 (always good to double bagel a Swede), but fell 26 36 to college player Caitlin Whoriskey in a slightly disappointing QF. She gets another chance to beat up on Cedermark in the doubles final, where Eikeri and the Slovak Butkovska plays Cedermark/Matilda Hamlin today.

twitter
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 10:04 AM   #10
country flag Håkon

Week 4 and 5: Only Eikeri active, but you have to say that went pretty well. Won her first hard court title in 10k Coimbra (coming back from 2-6 3-5 down in the final vs. the top seed) came back from 1-6 0-3 vs Lisa Whybourn indoor in Sunderland, and also took five games off Annika Beck (WTA #242). So far this year: 8-2 in singles, 8-0 in doubles.

Hedda Ødegaard makes a return to the junior tour this week by playing in La Paz, Bolivia. Altitude and clay, should be an interesting challenge. She got a tough draw in the Canadian Erin Routliffe, though, so I don't expect too much. Then Chile, Argentina, Uruguay.

Caroline Rohde-Moe's college team season has begun in North America; she is undefeated in 5 matches so far, playing as #2.

The following weeks will be a bit more interesting as there are many indoor tournaments - both 10k and junior G4s - in Scandinavia. Ødegaard sticks to South America though, she's due to play in Bolivia, Chile, Argentina, and Uruguay.

twitter

Last edited by Håkon : Feb 7th, 2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old Jun 16th, 2012, 08:17 AM   #11
country flag angliru

Nice picture with Hedda Ødegaard (left) and Danish player Cecilie Melsted:

The photo is from Cecilie's twitter:
Quote:
Cecilie Melsted ‏@cecilie_melsted

Had a great time in Copenhagen with hedda!!
Old Jun 16th, 2012, 11:16 AM   #12
country flag Håkon

That's sweet Hedda is pretty tall eh?

League tennis in Norway now, that coupled with a back injury for Ulrikke means little news.

twitter
Old Jun 16th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #13
country flag angliru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamR03A View Post
Hedda is pretty tall eh?
It seems so judging from the photo, but it's rather Cecilie who's quite short, I think. 162 cm if I'm not mistaken (165 at the most).
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 09:22 AM   #14
country flag angliru

Melanie Stokke won the ITF Junior title in Copenhagen last week. I believe this was her first ITF title. She was quite solid and didn't lose a set the entire tournament. She won the final 6-0 6-4 (against Deagostini, SUI).

Not the best photo, I'm afraid, but here she's sitting to the left in the SF against Emilie Francati of Denmark (sitting far right). Photo from tennis.dk:

Old Jun 27th, 2013, 11:46 PM   #15
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

In case anyone is interested there is a short clip of Melanie Stokke in this video from $10K Melilla where she lost in 2R.

http://melillamedia.es/noticia/3735

Melanie is the brunette appearing from 00:15 to 01:00
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote