Anxiety - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 21st, 2009, 01:31 AM   #16
country flag VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Keeper of Venus & Serena

VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anxiety

Wow, so many people I know on this board have suffered from anxiety disorders.

I have severe OCD that led to anxiety attacks and thus depression almost all of my teen years and early 20s. In 2000, I finally went to the doctor (I told my mom I was going crazy and she convinced me to go to the doctor).

There I was diagnosed with OCD (which, when my compulsions were not satisfied, I had anxiety) and he gave me Paxil. It was the miracle drug...except it made you non-sexual and I gained weight on it.

I've been off Paxil since 2003 and I've lost the weight as well. I still have the OCD, not as severe as before. I've only had two panic flair ups since then, but I've been able to work through those without help....but by all means, seek help!

Coming here and seeing there are others like you makes you feel better too

Loves of my life....
Venus Ebone Starr Williams
Serena Jamica Williams
a lifelong and devoted fan since 1996

Official Life Coach of the Royal Court
VSFan1 aka Joshua L. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 21st, 2009, 08:27 AM   #17
country flag Langers

Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute

I stress a lot, too much, over stupid things. I'm a constant worrier. I doubt I'd ever need medication though, although maybe for high blood pressure (at 21 )

I'm hopeless socially, that's where it stems from.
Langers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:18 PM   #18
country flag Ilikebigboobies

Ilikebigboobies has a reputation beyond repute Ilikebigboobies has a reputation beyond repute Ilikebigboobies has a reputation beyond repute Ilikebigboobies has a reputation beyond repute Ilikebigboobies has a reputation beyond repute Ilikebigboobies has a reputation beyond repute Ilikebigboobies has a reputation beyond repute Ilikebigboobies has a reputation beyond repute Ilikebigboobies has a reputation beyond repute Ilikebigboobies has a reputation beyond repute Ilikebigboobies has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I have been taking the Lexapro for almost a month and they don't seem to be doing any good. After this pack runs out, if I haven't felt any improvements I will stop taking them. But man, I am so sick of this anxiety shit. It seems to be getting worse. After so many years of it, I have just had enough!!!

Gisela Dulko. Forever.

Also I like Rena.
Proud hater of Sharapova.
Ilikebigboobies is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 11:02 AM   #19
country flag renstar

renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of

One of the best drugs for anxiety (and depression for that matter too) is Tramadol. I usually take it at 100mg when needed (i also suffer pain from fibromyalgia). Doctors are hesitant to prescribe this medication for depression/ anxiety because this purpose is "off label" Tramadol is like a super SSRI in that it worrks almost instantly, not weeks or months like lexapro etc.... also i have no significant side effects with it like the two SSRI's ive tried (does lower your libido a little though!)

Alternatively if you want to go down the natural track you should try L-theanine , which is the element that has been isolated from green tea, suntheanine is the gold standard. Studies have showed this to make you both relaxed and alert. There is a lot on the net of people being helped with anxiety and social phobia etc with this supplement. Passionflower and Hops are also good herbal relaxants. A lot of herbal sleep formulas are good to take any time for anxiety, not just for bed.

Also don't believe normal doctors and normal tests, a lot of normal tests won't pick up infections in the head. Specifically in my case i see an integrative doctor who uses trans dermal screening. He says a lot of people suffer fungi problems such as candida that infiltrate the brain and body, and anxiety and ill health can result.

Hope this helps
renstar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 01:29 PM   #20
country flag So Disrespectful

So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute

I suffer from social anxiety at times (well, I'm much better than I was 12 months ago, but I'll get to the core of things anyway) because I literally feel like an alien in public, I don't feel as though I look or act like a normal human-being. I won't ordinarily go out when it's windy because doing so triggers massive panic attacks for me. I have to be in control of how my hair looks, what my face looks like at all times. I've been on various anti-depressants and seen a number of therapists, but I soon realised that none of that was helping. I've tried rationalising things in my own mind gradually over time and I do think that helps. Anti-anxiety medication might possibly alleviate some of the symptoms of anxiety and I do recommend that for OCD sufferers, but anti-depressants only provide a shallow happiness that isn't contextual in the slightest and I don't see use for them in most cases of depression or OCD.

Looking at other 'cures', cognative behavioral therapy does not diminish fears or prevent the enacting of routines, it simply exposes the sufferer to the situations that terrify them the most repeatedly in order to reduce their anxiety towards them. It teaches you to tolerate your fears, but I don't think anyone fully overcomes them through this method. Psychologists won't accept that mental illness is so much more complex than action/reaction, it is entirely possible to fear an activity as a unit in itself as opposed to fearing the consequences of that activity.

Casey Dellacqua, Jelena Jankovic, Anna-Lena Groenefeld,
Jelena Dokic, Mirjana Lucic, Paula Ormaechea, Sloane Stephens
Jarmila Gajdosova, Melanie Oudin, Kaia Kanepi, Alison Riske
So Disrespectful is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 03:25 PM   #21
country flag Kworb
Most Loved Member

Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute

I used to have mild social anxiety disorder, but it disappeared when I got a job. I hope you can find something that will help.

SERENA WILLIAMS 64 75 AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA 61 57 60
LAUREN DAVIS 60 76 CAMILA GIORGI 46 63 75 BOJANA JOVANOVSKI 63 36 75
Kworb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 04:26 PM   #22
Kart

Kart is an unknown quantity at this point

Treating anxiety with tramadol is about as good an idea as treating insomnia with propofol IMHO.

I would stick with the lexapro, thread starter - if you're not suffering any side effects it seems pointless to not carry on for a few months before you quit it.
Kart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 04:42 PM   #23
country flag Brena

Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshualdo View Post
Well, I have been taking the Lexapro for almost a month and they don't seem to be doing any good. After this pack runs out, if I haven't felt any improvements I will stop taking them. But man, I am so sick of this anxiety shit. It seems to be getting worse. After so many years of it, I have just had enough!!!
Hey, hey, you must not think like that, no matter how annoyed and desperate you might feel. I've also felt sick and fed up with anxiety taking over my life - for ten years I think of it every day, even if I'm feeling well, there's always a fear in the back of my head that I might get a panic attack when I'm least expecting it. I can't run, play football or tennis or other sports I had always enjoyed because my generalised anxiety gives me heart-palpitations.
But you have to realise that there are bad and good periods, and that most of the people who have suffered anxiety have managed to overcome it even if it took a lot of time and suffering.
Also, the fact is that not all the medicines work for everyone, it's individual, but you must make sure you've given them enough time and not put pressure on yourself that you have to feel some dramatic change for the better immediately.
What you can do is to try another doctor. At first, I didn't want to go to a psychiatrist, and when I finally decided to give it a try it took me three years and as many different doctors until I've found the right one who was really able (and willing - I hope the British NHS is better than the Serbian one) to help me. She knew how to dissuade me from believing that I'd never get better and that I'd either die or go insane. She also found the right drugs from me - Rivotril and Efectin. Rivotril is great, it can really relax you but you can stop taking it whenever you want without any side effects. But the, as I've already said, it's all individual.
My anxiety is unfortunately of the strongest and most generalised kind, and there were time when I felt like giving up, but with the help of the right doctor I pulled through. The problem with anxiety is that it appears you can't have the Hollywood happy-ending with it - ''...and I got cured and never had a problem with it in my life again''. But you can learn how to control it, live with it and don't let it bother you as much as it once did. So, be brave and fight it!

By Harold Pinter&Brena

''Man up or go home.''

I miss Elena Dementieva.
Brena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2009, 02:07 PM   #24
country flag BartoliBabes

BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future

i was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder about 3 years ago
BartoliBabes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 12:06 PM   #25
country flag fouc

fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
I have had anxiety for a while. I was on Paxil for about 2 years before finally coming off of it. I haven't been on anything for about 5 years. However, the last year or so I have noticed my anxiety coming back. My friend gives me Xanax that he doesn't use from his prescription and I take half of one if I need it. Xanax, or a similar drug, is the best solution for me because my anxiety is not something I deal with all day every day. However, if you go to a doctor and request a medication like this some of them will think you are just looking for pills to pop and dismiss you. That is why I just get them from my friend, I am tired of doctors not listening to me. I refuse to be on something daily when I only need HALF a xanax every 4-5 days. Not to mention those daily prescriptions usually have awful side effects, both when you begin taking them and when you try to stop. Have you tried any of these fast acting anxiety medications?
hope ur still controlling the dose, because, from my experience, benzodiazepins (esp. xanax and valium) are never the answer.
not to mention tramadol, guys are you nuts?! tramadol for anxiety? tram is a synthetic analog of codeine, it is an opioid. like morphine or methadon :/
fouc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 08:10 PM   #26
LeRoy.

LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
I'm hopeless socially, that's where it stems from.
I wonder why ?
LeRoy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 10:17 PM   #27
country flag PatrickRyan
AKA Pacomexican

PatrickRyan has a reputation beyond repute PatrickRyan has a reputation beyond repute PatrickRyan has a reputation beyond repute PatrickRyan has a reputation beyond repute PatrickRyan has a reputation beyond repute PatrickRyan has a reputation beyond repute PatrickRyan has a reputation beyond repute PatrickRyan has a reputation beyond repute PatrickRyan has a reputation beyond repute PatrickRyan has a reputation beyond repute PatrickRyan has a reputation beyond repute

I had to go to the doctor a couple of weeks ago for my anxiety and panic attacks, he put me on Celexa and Xanax. I've noticed a slight change so far. My anxiety is mostly social anxiety and my panic attacks come from my severe claustriphopia(sp?) I've also dealt with mild OCD for several years.

Last edited by PatrickRyan : Dec 28th, 2009 at 10:29 PM.
PatrickRyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2009, 04:06 PM   #28
country flag Super Dave

Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacomexican View Post
I had to go to the doctor a couple of weeks ago for my anxiety and panic attacks, he put me on Celexa and Xanax. I've noticed a slight change so far. My anxiety is mostly social anxiety and my panic attacks come from my severe claustriphopia(sp?) I've also dealt with mild OCD for several years.
Same here. I've been on Celexa for a couple of years, and also have Xanax if needed, but it's been over a year since I used that. Mine was social anxiety / being around crowds, etc. probably stemming from a chronic health condition I have. The Celexa has helped a large amount and those former problems are now minimal.
Old Dec 29th, 2009, 04:22 PM   #29
country flag Martian Jeza
Crazy Conspiracy Theorist, Politically Incorrect

Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute

Permanent anxiety sufferer here and used to get panic attacks and the damages of it I also got chronic bowel problems and time by time I've troubles with my sleep ( Or I sleep way too much or too few ) ...

Loads will accept being deceived and being whores of the system : a few others with ethics and values decided to be Free Human beings

BNP Paribas, JP Morgan, Lagardere are criminals : WAKE UP !
Martian Jeza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 04:52 PM   #30
country flag cindycampbell

cindycampbell is a name known to all cindycampbell is a name known to all cindycampbell is a name known to all cindycampbell is a name known to all cindycampbell is a name known to all cindycampbell is a name known to all cindycampbell is a name known to all cindycampbell is a name known to all cindycampbell is a name known to all cindycampbell is a name known to all cindycampbell is a name known to all

def. do. social anxiety.
cindycampbell is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote