My Rogers Cup Experience UPDATED Day 1,2,3 (Pages 1 and 2) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 16th, 2009, 03:16 AM   #1
country flag Caillou

Caillou has a brilliant future Caillou has a brilliant future Caillou has a brilliant future Caillou has a brilliant future Caillou has a brilliant future Caillou has a brilliant future Caillou has a brilliant future Caillou has a brilliant future Caillou has a brilliant future Caillou has a brilliant future Caillou has a brilliant future
My Rogers Cup Experience UPDATED Day 1,2,3 (Pages 1 and 2)

Okay, so I went to the men's tournament last year, so I finally got to see the women this year. I was kinda afraid after seeing how the men played and then seeing the women. Well I was NOT disappointed. The women are great too! They are such clean ball strikers, can sustain long rallies with pace and are very athletic. They look so much more like athletes in person that on t.v. For example, agnieska radwanksa can actually hit the ball with pace and marion bartoli is soooo fit!! All the players were very nice too, I got 25+ autographs and severeal pictures of players/with me and players! I was really impressed with Vika and Caro. They are suchhh nice people and great players too! They hit the ball so cleanly and strike it hard too! At several points in their practises they were outrallying their male opponents I got a picture with both of them and their signatures. Also, something maybe not all of you know, the players are really friendly with eachother. They were hitting together, saying Hi to eachother and even joking with eachother. Few different notes:

Kuzzie is a freaking practise whore. Man she was for sure out there the longest, and hit with amelia twice, and carla.
Michelle larcher de brito played horrific, I only forced myself to watch about 2 games from her baddd stuff.
A really exciting match was sania mirza vs. pelletier! It was packed on the grandstand court. Surprisingly there were quite a few people rooting for sania, as was I. I yelled out "c'mon" whenever she won a point. That was an exciting and good quality match from what I saw, so only the third set.
I felt so bad for this girl named meng. Some might not know her but she lost to serena at the AO. She was on a practise court with 3 people watching, and those people asked her who she was I said out loud, I KNOW YOU! To hopefully maker her feel better. She also practised with her coach, who I'm sure is her mom. That was kinda sad also, because she could not hit a good ball at all All these other players have their fancy coaches and hitting partners, and she has her mom...but good for her She was hitting fairly well from what I saw.
Oh, I have a FUNNY STORY! Ok, so after practise, Alize Cornet, signed my book and took a picture with me. But there as this guy there alone who wanted his photo taken, so I said sure, no problem. I rushed to empty my hands and held down the button and looked up and saw Cornet laughing..So I'm like okayyy What is she laughing at? Then I looked back at the screen and realized I pressed the power button instead of the button to take the picture. Everyone started laughing and I was like "Oh sweet, that wasn't embarrassing..." But anyways I finally managed to operate a digital camera properly and took a pic for him.

I can't think of anything else for now, except for the fact that neither williams was there, and I WANT TO SEE THEM TOMORROW OR AT LEAST AT SOME POINT! Quali days are awesome to meet players! I will make more posts as I remember things and post some pictures I took.

Welcome Back Kimmy!

Last edited by Caillou : Aug 18th, 2009 at 03:51 PM.
Caillou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 16th, 2009, 03:33 AM   #2
country flag Привет

Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My Rogers Cup Experience

Sounds like fun, hope you enjoy the rest of your time at the tournament.
Привет is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 03:54 AM   #3
country flag Caillou

Caillou has a brilliant future Caillou has a brilliant future Caillou has a brilliant future Caillou has a brilliant future Caillou has a brilliant future Caillou has a brilliant future Caillou has a brilliant future Caillou has a brilliant future Caillou has a brilliant future Caillou has a brilliant future Caillou has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Привет View Post
Sounds like fun, hope you enjoy the rest of your time at the tournament.
Thank you, very much!!

Welcome Back Kimmy!
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 04:15 AM   #4
country flag P_Fer

P_Fer has much to be proud of P_Fer has much to be proud of P_Fer has much to be proud of P_Fer has much to be proud of P_Fer has much to be proud of P_Fer has much to be proud of P_Fer has much to be proud of P_Fer has much to be proud of P_Fer has much to be proud of P_Fer has much to be proud of P_Fer has much to be proud of

Sounds great! Hopefully I'll be able to go at some point tomorrow
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 04:56 AM   #5
country flag Aryman3

Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future

Good literature.
How am I to believe someone who insist that "Agnieszka Radwańska can actually hit the ball with pace".
You lost all credibility with this statement
Aryman3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 05:24 AM   #6
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. Women's tennis is dramatically different to what you expect when you watch it live. In fact the better matches I saw at the Australian Open this year were from the women's side, althought I didn't see Nadal v. Verdasco..that was insanely good.

Whilst its probaby silly to say, Agneiszka does hit the ball harder then you expect. Even though it isn't as hard as other girls, who just pound it...it still exceeds your expectations.

The TV does tennis no justice, being at a match live makes a world of difference.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 07:09 AM   #7
country flag powerbackhand

powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of

why is this thread moved??
powerbackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 11:34 AM   #8
country flag hugo2004

hugo2004 is a name known to all hugo2004 is a name known to all hugo2004 is a name known to all hugo2004 is a name known to all hugo2004 is a name known to all hugo2004 is a name known to all hugo2004 is a name known to all hugo2004 is a name known to all hugo2004 is a name known to all hugo2004 is a name known to all hugo2004 is a name known to all

Do you have photos of Michelle Larcher de Brito?
hugo2004 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 01:16 PM   #9
country flag Caillou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryman3 View Post
Good literature.
How am I to believe someone who insist that "Agnieszka Radwańska can actually hit the ball with pace".
You lost all credibility with this statement
Perhaps you can refrain from posting a sarcastic remark concerning my point of view. On T.V and from what other people said it made me think she barely hit the ball. She has nice clean strokes and hits with decent pace and accuracy.

Welcome Back Kimmy!
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 01:20 PM   #10
country flag Caillou

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugo2004 View Post
Do you have photos of Michelle Larcher de Brito?
I have on and its not very good. Unfortunately she wasn't playing well so I didn't bother to get close. Sorry!

Welcome Back Kimmy!
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 01:21 PM   #11
country flag améliemomo

améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute

nice report thanks for sharing it with us

you said you saw amelie,sveta and alize. How did they hit the ball? amelie especially?and alize?who was practising with who?

thanks and I wish a very nice tournament

Actual Gourou of the "New French Armada"

my blog about french tennis future with the young french guns cominghttp://sheenatennis.canalblog.com/
améliemomo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 01:32 PM   #12
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for sharing!
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 02:51 PM   #13
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute

Nice report I hope you get to see Vee too. That would be awesome.
V-MAC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 04:36 PM   #14
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

I love these stories. Seeing players in person seems to always be different.
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 06:23 PM   #15
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reports! Its nice to know that the players dont act tooo professional and are friendly towards each other. Are you going to be going every day?