Caroline Wozniacki vs Victoria Azarenka. Who is better? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who is better?

Caroline Wozniacki 190 37.33%
Victoria Azarenka 319 62.67%
Voters: 509. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 10th, 2009, 06:57 PM   #31
country flag kman

kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future
Re: Caroline Wozniacki vs Victoria Azarenka. Who is better?

Let's take it one more time so it can better sink in:

Birth year:
Caro: 90 (age 19)
Azarenka: 89 (age 20)

Titles:
Caro: 6 (2 premiere)
Azarenka: 3 (1 premiere mand.)

note: Caroline has titles on clay, hard and grass. Azarenka only has titles on hard.

Rank overall:
Caro: #8 (could be 6 or better very soon)
Azarenka: #9

Rank race:
Caro: #5 (could be 3 very soon)
Azarenka: #7

Best slam result:
Caro: semi final (could be final very soon)
Azarenka: quarter final

These are the cold hard facts. Caroline Wozniacki is indisputably the most succesful of the new generation players right now.

CAMELINE WOZNIACKI - THE BEST CAMELTOE ON THE FREE MARKET

Caroline Wozniacki :: Maria Sharapova :: Kim Clijsters
kman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 10th, 2009, 06:57 PM   #32
country flag Miss Atomic Bomb

Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman View Post
See the last paragraph I added:

Caroline's opponents were lower ranked, yes, but Caroline was only 18 (and like I said, injured against Cirstea). Azarenka wasn't making quater finals when she was 18 either (nor was she making semi finals when she was 19 either like Caro HEHE)

Caroline is higher ranked, has more titles and a better slam result than Azarenka despite the fact that she's a whole year younger. FACT.

The rest is just petty excuses.
Yea so no reply to Caro losing to players ranked lower than Schiavone in her last 3 GS huh? Your responses are the same evrytime, as unoriginal as Caro's game. You fail to address the issue that Caro had a cakewalk draw, and thats the only reason she made it to the GS SF. She is lucky she didnt have to face any of the opponents that Vika lost to in GS this year.

Miss Atomic Bomb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:02 PM   #33
country flag kman

kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by reetard View Post
Yea so no reply to Caro losing to players ranked lower than Schiavone in her last 3 GS huh?
I did address that. Read it again.

Quote:
Your responses are the same evrytime, as unoriginal as Caro's game. You fail to address the issue that Caro had a cakewalk draw, and thats the only reason she made it to the GS SF. She is lucky she didnt have to face any of the opponents that Vika lost to in GS this year.
Caro's draw was not cakewalk. It's just that the top 10 players lost to other players and then Caro beat those players instead. But she also beat Kuznetsova. Azarenka is 0-2 against Kuznetsova in slams and 1-4 agaisnt her overall. I doubt Azarenka could've gotten past Kuznetsova.

Stop with the lucky excuses. If you're going to take away Caro's best achievement because you think she was lucky, I'm going to take away Azarenka's best result (Miami win) because I think she was lucky Serena was injured. But that's stupid. So let' stick to the facts. Fact is there are no cakewalk draws in slams. Either you beat the player or you beat the player who beat the player. Oudin beat Dementieva, Sharapova and Petrova so obviously she was the better player. Fact is Caro made a slam SF.

Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:04 PM   #34
country flag BartoliBabes

BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future

Caro
BartoliBabes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:05 PM   #35

Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I did address that. Read it again.

Caro's draw was not cakewalk. It's just that the top 10 players lost to other players and then Caro beat those players instead. But she also beat Kuznetsova. Azarenka is 0-2 against Kuznetsova in slams and 1-4 agaisnt her overall. I doubt Azarenka could've gotten past Kuznetsova.
Facing a single top 20 player till the final = Cake walk draw

If you are going to bring H2H into the conversation all I have to say is that Caro failed to win more than 4 games against Vika the last two times they met, I doubt tCaro could've gotten past Kuznetsova.

Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:08 PM   #36
country flag Jean-Henri

Jean-Henri has disabled reputation

For now, I say Azarenka looks like the better.
Great play and great results with relatively fewer matches.

But let's have another look at the end of the year, especially if both qualifies for Doha. They both need time to define themselves.
Jean-Henri is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:14 PM   #37
country flag kman

Quote:
Facing a single top 20 player till the final = Cake walk draw

If you are going to bring H2H into the conversation all I have to say is that Caro failed to win more than 4 games against Vika the last two times they met, I doubt tCaro could've gotten past Kuznetsova.
Look at the players who were in the draw to begin with. Oudin beat Sharapova, Petrova and Dementieva. Ergo, she was the better player. Caro beat Oudin so she beat the best player. Nothing cakewalk about beating the best.

There's nothing unreasonable about saying that I doubt Vika could make it past Kuznetsova (who usually beats Vika) when Vika couldn't even make it past Schiavone. Vika's H2H with Caroline is irrelevant in this regard.

If you're gonna discredit Caro's slam SF due to luck, I'm gonna discredit Vika's Miami win due to luck so that gets you nowhere.

Fact is, Caro made slam SF shortly after turning 19. Vika is 20 and has never done that.

The majority of the facts speak in favor of Caroline right now and you know it so keep eating your crow.

Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:15 PM   #38
country flag jbeacinu

jbeacinu is a splendid one to behold jbeacinu is a splendid one to behold jbeacinu is a splendid one to behold jbeacinu is a splendid one to behold jbeacinu is a splendid one to behold jbeacinu is a splendid one to behold jbeacinu is a splendid one to behold jbeacinu is a splendid one to behold jbeacinu is a splendid one to behold jbeacinu is a splendid one to behold jbeacinu is a splendid one to behold

obviously Wozniacki has been most successful because she has been lucky enough to play Oudin in the Quarters, her first time ever there. If Azarenka got to play against someone she could easily beat in the QF's, then she could be a SF. Hell, Wozniacki will easily get into the Finals. She has been more successful in a tournament she got lucky in, yea, but she isn't better than Azarenka. Wozniacki, of all the 3 tournaments she won this year, the hardest opponent she beat was Pennetta(when she was struggling)...

but the question is who is better. Azarenka is

Victoria Azarenka.x. Andrea Petkovic .x. Julia Goerges.x. Petra Kvitova .x. Daniela Hantuchova

Djokovic ~ Murray~ Tsonga ~Monfils
jbeacinu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:17 PM   #39
country flag jbeacinu

jbeacinu is a splendid one to behold jbeacinu is a splendid one to behold jbeacinu is a splendid one to behold jbeacinu is a splendid one to behold jbeacinu is a splendid one to behold jbeacinu is a splendid one to behold jbeacinu is a splendid one to behold jbeacinu is a splendid one to behold jbeacinu is a splendid one to behold jbeacinu is a splendid one to behold jbeacinu is a splendid one to behold

ohh and, Azarenka has made the QF in FO and Wimbledon, Caro, not so lucky.

Victoria Azarenka.x. Andrea Petkovic .x. Julia Goerges.x. Petra Kvitova .x. Daniela Hantuchova

Djokovic ~ Murray~ Tsonga ~Monfils
jbeacinu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:21 PM   #40
country flag Dodoboy.

Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute

Caro at the moment, better career at a younger age!

SF > QF Vika also took advantage of a 'cakewalk' to get her biggest result in Miami.
Dodoboy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:22 PM   #41
country flag kman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeacinu View Post
ohh and, Azarenka has made the QF in FO and Wimbledon, Caro, not so lucky.
Caroline was 18. How many slams QFs did Azarenka make when she was 18? None.

Azarenka didn't make slam QFs until she was 19. Caroline just turned 19 and is already making slam SF (at least).

(I still don't believe Azarenka would have beaten Kuznetsova and even reached the QF with Caro's draw)

ALso, Flavia just made top 10 and was in the form of her life during the USO series. Struggling my ass.

Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:22 PM   #42

Quote:
Look at the players who were in the draw to begin with. Oudin beat Sharapova, Petrova and Dementieva. Ergo, she was the better player. Caro beat Oudin so she beat the best player. Nothing cakewalk about beating the best.

There's nothing unreasonable about saying that I doubt Vika could make it past Kuznetsova (who usually beats Vika) when Vika couldn't even make it past Schiavone. Vika's H2H with Caroline is irrelevant in this regard.

If you're gonna discredit Caro's slam SF due to luck, I'm gonna discredit Vika's Miami win due to luck so that gets you nowhere.

Fact is, Caro made slam SF shortly after turning 19. Vika is 20 and has never done that.

The majority of the facts speak in favor of Caroline right now and you know it so keep eating your crow.
Ok, so Vika vs Sveta H2H is relavant, but Caro vs Vika H2H isnt? Just because Caro beat some 17 y/o in one slam to get to a Semi doesnt mean she is better than Vika. Vika lost to Schiavone yes( as you mentioned again in this post), but caro lsot to players ranked outside top 32 in all her previous slams!

Buy a perspective

PS:- Why would I be eating crow? I am positive that one of my favourites from the other half will destroy Caro if she reached the final

Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:26 PM   #43
country flag kman

Quote:
Ok, so Vika vs Sveta H2H is relavant, but Caro vs Vika H2H isnt?
I was saying that Vika's wins over Caro at an earlier point when Vika was playing better is irrelevant to how Vika would've done against Kuznetsova, who usually beats Vika, in a tournament where Vika couldn't even make it past Schiavonne. I don't believe Vika would've made it past Kuzzy and even made QF with Caro's draw this USO.

Quote:
Vika lost to Schiavone yes( as you mentioned again in this post), but caro lsot to players ranked outside top 32 in all her previous slams!
Again, how many slam QFs did Azarenka make when she was 18? All her QF came when she was 19. Caroline just turned 19 and is making SF already. She's also higher ranked and has more titles. These are the facts.

Now finish up that crow.

Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:28 PM   #44
country flag SIN DIOS NI LEY

SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute

Azarenka and Lisicki are better than that pusher

Both play a worthy tennis unlike Wozniacki
SIN DIOS NI LEY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:38 PM   #45
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Excuses, excuses... I can do that too:

- It's pretty obvious that Caroline only lost to Cirstea because of shoulder and back injury.

- It's pretty obvious Azarenka's only significant title came because Serena was injured (healthy Serena crushed her later in the year)

etc.

As you can see, that's easy but also quite silly so let's leave the excuses out of the picture and focus on the facts.
It's pretty obvious that Sorana beat her twice this year.

It's pretty obvious that Vika has tonnes more game than your Steffi, Gunther.
Slutiana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote