Caroline Wozniacki vs Victoria Azarenka. Who is better? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who is better?

Caroline Wozniacki 190 37.25%
Victoria Azarenka 320 62.75%
Voters: 510. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:06 PM   #16
country flag adner

adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Caroline Wozniacki vs Victoria Azarenka. Who is better?

Kuznetsova is a mindcase. She plays well only at times, and generally she has to face a good opponent to play well .
adner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:09 PM   #17
country flag DOUBLEFIST

DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I guess Woz' is better right now, but I know who's game I prefer.

Azerenka's!
DOUBLEFIST is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:12 PM   #18
Miss Amor
Legendary

Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute

This year's GS loses -

Azarenka -

Aus Open - Lost to Serena Williams

RG - Lost to (1)Dinara Safina

Wimbledon - Lost to Serena Williams

US open - Lost to Fransesca sHCIAVONE

Wozniacki -

Aus open - Lost to (187)Dokic

RG - Lost to (41) Cirstea

Wimbledon - lost to (41) Lisicki

Its pretty obvious that Caro made the semi at USO purely based on an easy draw

Miss Amor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:15 PM   #19
country flag saul1333
język

saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorana never reached SF

I guess "better" is a sticky term. We are comparing their achievements of their young career and everyone develops at a different rate. Caro has taken advantage of some cakewalk draws and played more matches than anyone so next year if she cuts down her schedule, and when her USO points fall off she will go back to where she deserves to be, behind Vika.
saul1333 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:18 PM   #20
country flag kman

kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by reetard View Post
This year's GS loses -

Azarenka -

Aus Open - Lost to Serena Williams

RG - Lost to (1)Dinara Safina

Wimbledon - Lost to Serena Williams

US open - Lost to Fransesca sHCIAVONE

Caroline -

Aus open - Lost to (187)Dokic

RG - Lost to (41) Cirstea

Wimbledon - lost to (41) Lisicki

Its pretty obvious that Caro made the semi at USO purely based on an easy draw

Excuses, excuses... I can do that too:

- It's pretty obvious that Caroline only lost to Cirstea because of shoulder and back injury.

- It's pretty obvious Azarenka's only significant title came because Serena was injured (healthy Serena crushed her later in the year)

etc.

As you can see, that's easy but also quite silly so let's leave the excuses out of the picture and focus on the facts.

CAMELINE WOZNIACKI - THE BEST CAMELTOE ON THE FREE MARKET

Caroline Wozniacki :: Maria Sharapova :: Kim Clijsters
kman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:21 PM   #21
Miss Amor
Legendary

Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman View Post
Excuses, excuses... I can do that too:

- It's pretty obvious that Caroline only lost to Cirstea because of shoulder and back injury.

- It's pretty obvious Azarenka's only significant title came because Serena was injured (healthy Serena crushed her later in the year)

etc.

As you can see, that's easy but also quite silly so let's leave the excuses out of the picture and focus on the facts.
So you mean to tell me that when people say she had an easy draw (because she faced just one top 20 player till the fucking final) its an excuse? The easy draw is right in your face and while Caro's mysterious injuries arent.

Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:25 PM   #22
country flag kman

kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future

Quote:
So you mean to tell me that when people say she had an easy draw (because she faced just one top 20 player till the fucking final) its an excuse? The easy draw is right in your face and while Caro's mysterious injuries arent.
No, because the players she beat were the ones who beat players like Venus, Safina etc.

Also, Caroline just beat Kuznetsova.

As for Caro's injuries. Even Cirstea acknowledged it before and after the match. Caro was at the hospital too getting scanned.

If you're going to make excuses, I can too.

The reality is that you Caro haters are all eating crow right now and choking on it.

Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:28 PM   #23
Miss Amor
Legendary

Quote:
No, because the players she beat were the ones who beat players like Venus, Safina etc.

Also, Caroline just beat Kuznetsova.

As for Caro's injury. Even Cirstea acknowledged it before and after the match. Caro was at the hopstial too getting scanned.

If you're going to make excuses, I can too.

The reality is that you Caro haters are all eating crow right now and choking on it.
When did caro beat players who beat Venus, safina etc, at this USO? If you are goign to make excuses atleast make them properly

Fact still remains, Caro made the SF because of an easy draw

Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:32 PM   #24
country flag ED fan forever

ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of

When Azarenka finally manages to string all the components of her gamew together she's going to be incredible.
Caroline will always just be incredibly consistent.
I think both are future grand slam champions though-could be a good rivalry.
"And thanks to all the people around the world for supporting me, and my fan club, I could feel your support no matter where I was in the world. Thank you for your devotion. Most importantly, thanks to my family, especially my mom. You've been very supportive, encouraging, inspiring... you were always there for me. It was a long way and we did it together. I love you mom. It's so emotional. It's so hard to say goodbye. I'm going to miss you so much"
Elena Dementieva, 29/10/2010
ED fan forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:33 PM   #25
country flag kman

Quote:
When did caro beat players who beat Venus, safina etc, at this USO? If you are goign to make excuses atleast make them properly

Fact still remains, Caro made the SF because of an easy draw
You said "because she faced just one top 20 player till the fucking final" so I got confused and assumed you were talking about Madrid where Caro reached the final but was blamed for a cakewalk draw just because a lot of top players got osuted early. Of course I made a mistake in mentioning Safina because she was the one in the final with Caroline

Anyway, if you were talking about this USO, she beat Kuznetsova and blasted Cirstea and Oudin (who beat Dementieva, Sharapova and Petrova). That's pretty convincing.

I mean, Azarenka lost to Shchiavone.

Saying Caroline made the SF because she got lucky is no different from me saying "Azarenka won Miami because she was lucky Serena was injured" or "Azarenka made QF at FO because she was lucky her opponents didn't play their best". There shouldn't be any excuses when it comes to slams (unless injuries or something are involved). Either you beat the player or you beat the player who beat the player. Doesn't really matter. All slams start out with a solid draw so put away the "easy draw" excuse.

Last edited by kman : Sep 10th, 2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:35 PM   #26
country flag mashasabinefan1

mashasabinefan1 is a splendid one to behold mashasabinefan1 is a splendid one to behold mashasabinefan1 is a splendid one to behold mashasabinefan1 is a splendid one to behold mashasabinefan1 is a splendid one to behold mashasabinefan1 is a splendid one to behold mashasabinefan1 is a splendid one to behold mashasabinefan1 is a splendid one to behold mashasabinefan1 is a splendid one to behold mashasabinefan1 is a splendid one to behold mashasabinefan1 is a splendid one to behold

vika obviously vika trashed caroline the last two times theyve played.vika had to face the world no 1 and 2 in her qfs while caro had no 70,so yes caro did benefit from an easy draw.
mashasabinefan1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:40 PM   #27
Miss Amor
Legendary

Quote:
You said "because she faced just one top 20 player till the fucking final" so I got confused and assumed you were talking about Madrid where Caro reached the final but was blamed for a cakewalk draw just because a lot of top players got osuted early. Of course I made a mistake in mentioning Safina because she was the one in the final with Caroline

Anyway, if you were talking about this USO, she beat Kuznetsova and blasted Cirstea and Oudin (who beat Dementieva, Sharapova and Petrova). That's pretty convincing.

I mean, Azarenka lost to Shchiavone.
Caro lost to opponents who were lower raked than Schiavone in all the 3 previous grandslams this year, so there is no need to gloat. As I said, the only reason Caro is makign this SF is because she faced just one top ranked player the while tournament.

And she shouldn't be given the full credit for beating them anyways, 1/4th of her total winners were luck because of net cords

Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:49 PM   #28
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

Azarenka had to play Safina, and S.Williams. Wozniacki played Oudin. Huge difference. Also, 6-1 6-3, and 6-2 6-2.

Zvonareva Kleybanova Mattek-Sands

Niculescu Lisicki Razzano Koukalova Errani

Baltacha (RIP) Robson Watson Gent Konta and the rest of the Brits
Marionated is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:50 PM   #29
country flag kman

Quote:
Caro lost to opponents who were lower raked than Schiavone in all the 3 previous grandslams this year, so there is no need to gloat. As I said, the only reason Caro is makign this SF is because she faced just one top ranked player the while tournament.

And she shouldn't be given the full credit for beating them anyways, 1/4th of her total winners were luck because of net cords
See the last paragraph I added:

Quote:
"Saying Caroline made the SF because she got lucky is no different from me saying "Azarenka won Miami because she was lucky Serena was injured" or "Azarenka made QF at FO because she was lucky her opponents didn't play their best". There shouldn't be any excuses when it comes to slams (unless injuries or something are involved). Either you beat the player or you beat the player who beat the player. Doesn't really matter. All slams start out with a solid draw so put away the "easy draw" excuse."
Caroline's opponents were lower ranked, yes, but Caroline was only 18 (and like I said, injured against Cirstea). Azarenka wasn't making quater finals when she was 18 either (nor was she making semi finals when she was 19 either like Caro HEHE)

Caroline is higher ranked, has more titles and a better slam result than Azarenka despite the fact that she's a whole year younger. FACT.

The rest is just petty excuses.

Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:53 PM   #30
country flag CloudAtlas
Lamenting the days of peak SEWTA

CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute

I think both a good in different ways