Caroline Wozniacki vs Victoria Azarenka. Who is better? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who is better?

Caroline Wozniacki 190 37.33%
Victoria Azarenka 319 62.67%
Voters: 509. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 15th, 2009, 07:34 PM   #1
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute
Caroline Wozniacki vs Victoria Azarenka. Who is better?

Who is better between these 2 future GOATs who are currently in the top 10? Both were junior champions.

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic •
tumblr. • graphics thread •
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 15th, 2009, 07:40 PM   #2
country flag saul1333
język

saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Caroline Wozniacki vs Victoria Azarenka. Who is better?

Vika by far
saul1333 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2009, 07:43 PM   #3
country flag MechWarrior2k

MechWarrior2k has much to be proud of MechWarrior2k has much to be proud of MechWarrior2k has much to be proud of MechWarrior2k has much to be proud of MechWarrior2k has much to be proud of MechWarrior2k has much to be proud of MechWarrior2k has much to be proud of MechWarrior2k has much to be proud of MechWarrior2k has much to be proud of MechWarrior2k has much to be proud of MechWarrior2k has much to be proud of

Vika and it's not even close. Wozniacki can win all the Mickey Mouse events in the world and it still wouldn't make a difference.
Old Aug 15th, 2009, 07:44 PM   #4
country flag Jachal

Jachal is a name known to all Jachal is a name known to all Jachal is a name known to all Jachal is a name known to all Jachal is a name known to all Jachal is a name known to all Jachal is a name known to all Jachal is a name known to all Jachal is a name known to all Jachal is a name known to all Jachal is a name known to all

I don't like both of them, but I very much respect Azarenka for how she's always trying to force the issue. When the Williams Sisters finish their careers, she and Sharapova might be the players, who will be setting the pace.

As for Caro, she's such a nice girl, but suuuuuuuch a pusher.

2 winners in the first set against Lena yesterday. Terrible

ELENA DEMENTIEVA
MARTA DOMACHOWSKA
FLAVIA PENNETTA
PATTY SCHNYDER
AI SUGIYAMA
Jachal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2009, 07:50 PM   #5
country flag Temperenka
V-I-K-A

Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline is a great girl and very good at the game she chooses to play.

However,

... there is one HUGE difference between the two. With Vika's huge strokes and underrated foot speed and variety... she is never going to get blown off the court. She has the ability to hang with the big hitters (the WS, Sharapova, Dementieva). Caro does not. She will get blown off the court by those players if she shows any sign of vulnerability that day.

Plus, Vika is much more accomplished thus far... both in slams and out of slams. Period.

I wish both the very best though. I think they are both great personalities for the sport. The one that will melt things with her smile and the one that some people will hate, but also respect.

Vika reminds me a lot of Serena and Caro a lot of Kim or LIndsay personality wise.
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 04:50 PM   #6
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Funny that Caro reached her first grand slam semifinal and probably grand slam final first.

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic •
tumblr. • graphics thread •
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 04:53 PM   #7
InsideOut.

InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute

Azarenka is a better screamer by far.
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 05:10 PM   #8
country flag kman

kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechWarrior2k View Post
Vika and it's not even close. Wozniacki can win all the Mickey Mouse events in the world and it still wouldn't make a difference.

Caroline has two premiere titles.

Azarenka hasn't even made a slam SF.

Everyone is going to say Azarenka because they hate Caroline's "style", but the facts are there for everyone to see:

Birth year:
Caro: 90 (age 19)
Azarenka: 89 (age 20)

Titles:
Caro: 6 (2 premiere)
Azarenka: 3 (1 premiere mand.)

note: Caroline has titles on clay, hard and grass. Azarenka only has titles on hard.

Rank overall:
Caro: #8 (could be 6 or better very soon)
Azarenka: #9

Rank race:
Caro: #5 (could be 3 very soon)
Azarenka: #7

Best slam result:
Caro: semi final (could be final very soon)
Azarenka: quarter final

These are the cold hard facts. Caroline Wozniacki is indisputably the most succesful of the new generation players right now.

Oh, I forgot:

Suck it, bitches.

CAMELINE WOZNIACKI - THE BEST CAMELTOE ON THE FREE MARKET

Caroline Wozniacki :: Maria Sharapova :: Kim Clijsters

Last edited by kman : Sep 10th, 2009 at 05:33 PM.
kman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 05:24 PM   #9
country flag saul1333
język

saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute

Vika will win a GS years before Caro can ever dream about it.

Last edited by saul1333 : Sep 10th, 2009 at 05:32 PM.
saul1333 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 05:30 PM   #10
country flag Langers

Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute

Azarenka >>>>>> Wozniacki.

Vika will have a far, far better career.

Caro might win more titles but Vika will be the one capable of not only reaching Slam finals, but WINNING them.
Langers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 05:34 PM   #11
country flag kman

kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
Caro might win more titles but Vika will be the one capable of not only reaching Slam finals, but WINNING them.
That's mere conjecture (and wish-thinking probably) on your part.

Fact remains: Caroline has reached slam semi final. Azarenka hasn't made it past quarter final and she's a whole year further into her career than Caroline.

Caroline's 17th year was better than Azarenka's 17th year. Caroline's 18th year was better than Azarenka's 18th year. And now it looks like Caroline's 19th year is going to be better than Azarenka's 19th year (actually, it is already).

Last edited by kman : Sep 10th, 2009 at 05:39 PM.
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 05:47 PM   #12
country flag PLP

PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute

I love Caro and am pretty neutral towards Azarenka. She has a good game, I am just not into it, so I have to say Caro.

Martina Hingis Forever!!!
PLP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 05:57 PM   #13
country flag frenchie

frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute

Caro

better career so far and 1 year younger than Victoria

Radwanska - S. Williams - V. Williams - Kerber
frenchie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 05:58 PM   #14
country flag adner

adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman View Post
That's mere conjecture (and wish-thinking probably) on your part.

Fact remains: Caroline has reached slam semi final. Azarenka hasn't made it past quarter final and she's a whole year further into her career than Caroline.
Fact remains: she reached it only because she didn't draw a good player. All of them were in bottom half. I guess someone like Bartoli who lost in 2nd round to Kim would have beaten Wozniacki. Same, of course, goes with Venus Williams etc etc etc.

If there's something she'd be remembered for, it's being worst top 5? player.

That said, I don't really mind Caroline that much. It's just that she's overachieving while Vika underachieves so badly.
adner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 06:01 PM   #15
country flag kman

Quote:
Originally Posted by adner View Post
Fact remains: she reached it only because she didn't draw a good player. All of them were in bottom half. I guess someone like Bartoli who lost in 2nd round to Kim would have beaten Wozniacki. Same, of course, goes with Venus Williams etc etc etc.
Kuznetsova (who won FO open this year) and Cirstea (who reached slam SF this year) are not good players? Haha, fail. Caroline also steamrolled Oudin who beat Sharapova, Dementieva and Petrova.

Meanwhile Azarenka lost in the third round to the 26th seed Francesca Schiavone.

Come again.