¤CharlDa¤'s meDIAry: News, Pictures and Updates - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 15th, 2009, 04:27 PM   #1
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute
¤CharlDa¤'s meDIAry: News, Pictures and Updates

Ok so one again this year I'm here as a journalist for www.stephaniedubois.net. I arrived last night in Toronto and have been walking around with my notepad and photocamera all day taking pictures of pretty much anyone.

I'll try to update this thread a few times a day with notes, comments and maybe picture if I have time.

If you have any requests, please do so and I'll do my best

Last edited by ¤CharlDa¤ : Aug 15th, 2009 at 04:34 PM.
¤CharlDa¤ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 15th, 2009, 04:28 PM   #2
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ¤CharlDa¤'s MEDIAry: News, Pictures and Updates

Weather here is exceptionnal, but also quite hot. 30 celsius in the shade, and not one single cloud is seen in the sky. Should get even hotter this afternoon, and should last all week.
Old Aug 15th, 2009, 04:42 PM   #3
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

Re: ¤CharlDa¤'s meDIAry: News, Pictures and Updates

-Nice job by Marino to make things close. Barrois has a nice serve, great slice, but really wasn't playing great tennis. Rebecca fought well in the second, served really well and played a great game at 6-5 to break. Third set was close, but experience prevailed I guess. Rebecca had 3 bps in the last game to make it 5-5 but sadly couldn't convert.

- Michelle started her match really well, up 2-0, then Kveta just managed to find the court with her shots and just totally destroyed every single serve of Michelle. And I mean destroy as in return winners. Michelle didn't play bad, she just needs to work on that serve. Grunting was quite accessible today for those who wonder

- Vinci went down a break in the second but her variety and power was just too much for Vosko. Nothing exciting there.

- Saw the start of Groenefeld-Baltacha. Baltacha was just bashing the ball and Groenefeld impressed me by varying well and waiting for the right ball to just whack the backhands. Thought it would be easy, but now I just see Bally is up 5-2 in the third. I guess she started to stop missing and everything is falling in.

- Hradecka has a weird game, big first serve, second is quite slow and attackable. Sometimes uses two hands on forehand, sometimes she stays with 1 hand. Fought quite well to finish up the set in the first, while Kutuzova just looked annoyed, pissed and sad all around. I'm glad Hradecka pulled through in the tiebreak.
Old Aug 15th, 2009, 04:43 PM   #4
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

I'm soon leaving for another run around the courts, want to see Rybarikova-Granville, Coin-Zec Peskiric and the end of Vogele-Wickmayer (if Vogele can win the second it would help me ).
Old Aug 15th, 2009, 04:45 PM   #5
country flag Haimar

Haimar has a reputation beyond repute Haimar has a reputation beyond repute Haimar has a reputation beyond repute Haimar has a reputation beyond repute Haimar has a reputation beyond repute Haimar has a reputation beyond repute Haimar has a reputation beyond repute Haimar has a reputation beyond repute Haimar has a reputation beyond repute Haimar has a reputation beyond repute Haimar has a reputation beyond repute

Fun to read! Keep up the good work
Old Aug 15th, 2009, 05:42 PM   #6
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

- It's so nice to see Granville back on a court She is hitting pretty well, missing some balls she didn't used to miss but the shots are still there. I had never seen Magda play, I knew it was a different type of player but I was a bit disappointed. Her shots seem effective, but her technique has numerous flaws and her attitude wasn't stellar so far. This match could be a long battle.

- Julie Coin is playing amazing attacking tennis. Hitting big serves, big groundies and looking to go up to the net as much as possible. Impressive stuff. Masa just is running around trying to do her best, but she is clearly not matching to Julie's level right now. Watch out for Julie in this tourney if she plays like that.
Old Aug 15th, 2009, 05:43 PM   #7
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

I'm about to go check out our canadians who seem to be doing pretty well. Heidi is surprising me with her lead over Pavlyuchenkova, and Marie-Eve against Mirza seems to be exciting with the Indian crowd and canadian fans.
Old Aug 15th, 2009, 05:46 PM   #8
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

Some big names already here: Maria, Ana, Sveta, Mauresmo, Azarenka have all been seen on practice courts already today.

Others include: Schiavone, Vesnina, Benesova, Schnyder, Fichman, Dubois, Tetreault, Cibulkova, Suarez-Navaro (in a see-through sports bra...yes, proof is coming ), Cornet (loud cheering for Julie), Rezai, Razzano, Chakvetadze, etc.
Old Aug 15th, 2009, 06:05 PM   #9
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ¤CharlDa¤ View Post

- Michelle started her match really well, up 2-0, then Kveta just managed to find the court with her shots and just totally destroyed every single serve of Michelle. And I mean destroy as in return winners. Michelle didn't play bad, she just needs to work on that serve. Grunting was quite accessible today for those who wonder
Michelle's serve . At least she didn't hit a ton of DFs this time. Seriously, if she ever wants to make a big impact the serve has to improve so much. She needs to change the technique, not just practice the same one.

Thank you for the reports CharlDa. Pics of Yaroslava, Camille, or Anna Chak would be my choice if possible.
HowardH is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2009, 06:26 PM   #10
country flag AJZ.

AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting reports
Hope Sugiyama is somewhere! And Jie Zheng!

Enjoy C!

Ai Sugiyama. Jie Zheng. Zi Yan. Tamira Paszek.
Yaroslava Shvedova. Nuria&MariaJose. Yung-Jan Chan. Elena Vesnina. Flavia Pennetta.
AJZ. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2009, 06:50 PM   #11
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: ¤CharlDa¤'s meDIAry: News, Pictures and Updates

Thanks for your reports Charlie . Please try and take some pics of Laura if you can

Edit: I just saw that Laura had to retire down 1-0 in the 3rd set. I wonder if she reinjured her wrist or if it was somthing else
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2009, 06:55 PM   #12
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks CD! Please give us some info about the Heidi match when you can. What a victory for her!
Drake1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2009, 08:31 PM   #13
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

- Great win for Heidi. Ok Pavlyuchenkova actually couldn't put more than 2 shots in, but Heidi was solid and served well. She was looking great, I knew she lost weight but not that much, around 20 if not 30. Great outfit and her fitness level definitely is helping her results cause she always had the talent.

- Marie-Eve played a good match against Mirza. The crowd was going crazy, Indians were so loud, canadians got in, the umpiring and line calling was horrible. Both have a clear weakness: Marie-Eve's forehand is the reason for her downfall, her extreme western grip led to ulgy mistakes and constant moonballs. Mirza's serve is quite week too, no use of the legs at all, she just stands there and hit. Mirza from the ground was much stronger, especially the forehand of course. Nice rallies and it was a fun match to watch.

- Radwanska ended up winning the match after having like 6 match points in the 5-3 game. Parra was just hitting aces and winners every time. Parra is quite an unexpected player, can hit winners from weird positions, but Radwanska was more solid all around.

- Sharon is in a fight with Morita right now. Morita is hitting flat and deep but not as hard as I thought. Sharon doesn't push as much as she used to, but on important point she does tend to slice and moonball, which Morita seems to like. Morita looks physically drained right now and it might be a factor in the third set. Mentally Sharon was all over the place, yelling, complaining about calls that were clearly right, and just constantly looking at her coach, old Dani style.
Old Aug 15th, 2009, 09:01 PM   #14
country flag Daszmarelli

Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for reports
Laura Pigossi || Vivian Segnini

Daszmarelli is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2009, 10:11 PM   #15
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

I'm about to leave. Got a LOT of pictures for today. I'll try to post them all tonight. The goal today was to take pics of everyone so that everyone will be happy and thus I can stop running around for pics all week