UC Irvine congratulatory thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 2nd, 2010, 11:35 PM   #1
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
UC Irvine congratulatory thread

Congrats to
UC Irvine
2010 Big West Tourney Champs

. . . . . . . .

From left to right

Head Coach Mike Edles
Coach Vana Yamamoto
Kristina Smith
Becka Kwan
Hannah Holladay
April Bisharat
Courtney Byron
Stephanie Hammel
Brooke Bartlett
Hayley and Miranda Young
Coach Tim Downey
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 3rd, 2010, 07:00 AM   #2
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: UC Irvine congratulatory thread

UCI release = Anteaters Beat Long Beach St. 4-1 to Win Big West Tournament

Big West release = UCI Claims 1st Women's Tennis Title in School History
Old May 4th, 2010, 12:57 AM   #3
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

Nm

Last edited by 10sE : May 5th, 2010 at 03:48 PM.
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 06:48 AM   #4
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post
fantic.. have seen you several times. You know better.

Unless you would reward UCLA for putting Johannson at 3 to beat your Trojans.
I said 'still' I also think that it was a bit unusual, to say the least.

But Byron ALSO won, you have to grant that.

And yes, I think UCLA's lineup was a bit suspect, but still, USC had their chances.

And the 2nd match at UCLA was just a rout. UCLA was just better.. :sigh:

my tennis blog
my personal blog my youtube acct
my flickr acct my imgur acct picasa album acct

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 09:13 PM   #5
country flag gouci

Daily Pilot article

Here's an article from the Daily Pilot.

UCI sweeps tennis crowns
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:44 PM   #6
country flag form

form has disabled reputation

And the Press Telegram weighs in... without the spin

http://www.presstelegram.com/sports

Just when you were convinced that college basketball was the shadiest of NCAA sports when it comes to rules comes last week's Big West tennis championship, where UC Irvine's coach was allowed to use a player with a heavy cast on her playing arm, to game the rules and win the tournament title.

Sportsmanship, the lost art.

Last edited by form : Jan 26th, 2011 at 05:30 PM.
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 03:48 PM   #7
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sE View Post
Congratulations to you and your school
Never mind - I didn't know the whole story!
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 08:30 PM   #8
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a reason people on this board are really into the Big West conference? It just seems like there are tons of threads on Big West stuff. Am I missing something?
Old May 7th, 2010, 06:10 PM   #9
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboyle View Post
Is there a reason people on this board are really into the Big West conference? It just seems like there are tons of threads on Big West stuff. Am I missing something?
I think it's just mainly gouci and form? I couldn't care less. But congrats UCI
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2010, 10:46 PM   #10
country flag gouci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
I couldn't care less. But congrats UCI
Amalgamate C'mon you're from SoCal so there must be a player on UCI's team that you know and are happy for!
Old May 8th, 2010, 12:45 AM   #11
country flag gouci

UCI's Coach Edles Big West COY

Congratulations to

UCI's head coach Mike Edles
2010 Big West Coach of the Year!

. . . .

Coach Edles was voted Coach of the Year by his peers. His fellow conference coaches would not have voted him COY if they thought he had cheated.

Notice the girl to the left of the coach above is Stephanie Hammel. I don't see a heavy cast on her playing arm.
Old May 8th, 2010, 04:07 AM   #12
country flag RobertCB

RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice

Here is a more accurate photo of how she looked while playing. It is my understanding that more coaches voted for others but their votes were split.

Last edited by RobertCB : May 8th, 2010 at 04:35 AM.
RobertCB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2010, 05:40 AM   #13
country flag gouci

Thanks Rob for proof showing that's definitely not a heavy cast. A cast is made either of plaster or fiberglass and needs to be removed using a saw.

That only looks like bandages and tape over a wrist guard.
Old May 8th, 2010, 06:09 AM   #14
country flag gouci

Rob thank you for taking nice Championship photos of both the UCI men and women.

It would be appreciated if you posted a link here to the rest of those UCI photos.

Brooke Bartlett and her UC Irvine teammates travel to Atlanta to battle Mississippi in the first round of the NCAA Women's Tennis Championship.
Photo by Robert

UC Irvine faces California in the first round of the NCAA Men's Tennis Championship.
Photo by Robert

UCI is the 1st Big West school since former member Boise State in 1997 to win both the men's & women's tournament title in the same year.

UCI Men & Women Represent Big West in NCAAs
Old May 9th, 2010, 01:32 AM   #15
country flag gouci

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post
Be ashamed...
One of things that stood out the most to me about this UCI championship was the classless reactions of the Long Beach St. fans.

Form you were a perfect example. First you go on a profanity laced tirade. Then you tried unsuccessfully flaming this UCI congrats thread. Lastly you started posting lies about me and crossed the line by posting sexual innuendo that you attached to a specific player. Form you had an epic meltdown with your ugly and hateful behavior. Having adversity bring out the worst in you Form is one of the things I'll remember most about this UCI championship.