Why didn't #25 Tomljanovic/Stevens(UVA) get a doubles NCAA bid? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 13th, 2010, 06:31 AM   #1
country flag barboza

barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future
Why didn't #25 Tomljanovic/Stevens(UVA) get a doubles NCAA bid?

They're ranked #25 and were not selected to the 32-pairing field. Strange since they're not even in the alternate list when #30 Alda/Zubor (Tenn) is...

Too many ACC teams perhaps?
barboza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 13th, 2010, 07:26 AM   #2
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation
Re: Why didn't #25 Tomljanovic/Stevens(UVA) get a doubles NCAA bid?

Stevens isn't nominated for the UVa team for the NCAA, I think that in itself might mean she's prohibited from entering the individual, but in any case it's likely that whatever is stopping her from playing for the team (injury?) stops her from playing the doubles.

p.s. Her last match that I know about was this one, http://www.itftennis.com/womens/play...nent=100039045, no evidence of an injury in that scorline (and there were other Virginia players in the event, so not evidence of her being dropped for insubordination either).
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2010, 10:08 AM   #3
country flag barboza

barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future

That's really strange.. well, she played in the last team match when they lost to Clemson in the ACC tournament, which I believe was after the 50K tourney. She has won at least her last four singles matches.
Old May 14th, 2010, 06:10 PM   #4
country flag barboza

http://epwsgdp1.courts.state.va.us/g.../caseSearch.do

On 05/03/2010 and 05/03/2010 she was charged with public swearing/intoxication. It's probably the coach's decision to dismiss her from the team, adhering to NCAA rules. This is similar to Milner sitting out at R1 of NCAA in 2009 for WBasketball, except Jenny won't get to play as a collegiate athlete anymore.
Old May 14th, 2010, 06:58 PM   #5
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

The mind boggles as to how you found that. Your link doesn't go directly to the case, I think you have to through the search; the case number is GC10003145-00.

Poor girl. In this country, students are expected to be publicly intoxicated at some point during their time at university.

Last edited by Embittered : May 14th, 2010 at 07:17 PM.
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2010, 01:33 AM   #6
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
The mind boggles as to how you found that. Your link doesn't go directly to the case, I think you have to through the search; the case number is GC10003145-00.

Poor girl. In this country, students are expected to be publicly intoxicated at some point during their time at university.
Wow! I dont get that comment. I was just going to ask does she have anger issues? Not very smart and I would have suspended her too!
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2010, 04:08 AM   #7
country flag Kevin.
Team USA ♥

Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute

it was her second charge .First one was dismissed.
Doubles: Rank-15; Career High-12. Career Record: 108-114; Best Results: Winner: 2012-Wimbledon w/Kylger, 50k Lexington w/Kylger, 2011-Luxembourg w/drake1980;Finalist: 2012-San Diego w/Kylger, Moscow w/Kylger

Follow me on twitter!: www.twitter.com/kevintdillon
Kevin. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote