Nutty meets nutty JJ.. my "JJ in Cincy" thread - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 11th, 2010, 05:39 PM   #106
country flag Brena

Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nutty meets nutty JJ.. my "JJ in Cincy" thread

Thanks oodles, NuttyGOAT!
A cranky-grumpy-swearing JJ isn't exactly a pleasure to watch (or listen to), but at least it sounds as if she played decently enough which is a relief. I asked about the ballbashing because of the stats - 37 UEs is quite much for her, but I see she made 16 of them in the first set, so I guess the third one was better.
Nevermind, after such a long pause it was bound to be difficult. I hope she gets her grip in the matches to follow and doesn't lose to some mug. But with her lucky charm present I suppose she's unbeatable, no?
And I'm still a bit disappointed with Sneki refusing you an autograph, but she must have been in a really foul mood.

By Harold Pinter&Brena

''Man up or go home.''

''Who cares? Hahahahahaha!''
Brena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 11th, 2010, 06:24 PM   #107
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I love reading your reports. Too bad Sneki didnt give you an autograph though.
Just Do It is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 06:53 PM   #108
country flag RFS

RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute

Awww noes Nutty - of all the people you deserve an autograph.
Maybe Mama-JJ was appalled at her daughter's potty mouth...

Pick Strategy is ALL: JJ is merely the weapon of choice...

JM: [pause, followed by a guilty look] Ah yeah. That's possible.

Rozzie's Tennis Blogs are now contained in The Chalkdust Chronicles - Click HERE
RFS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 08:30 PM   #109
country flag MaBaker
★Serbian Sensation★

MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant nut Irina showing up is also amazing.
MaBaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 08:47 PM   #110
country flag oleada

oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future

amazing blog ms_nut!
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 02:56 PM   #111
country flag ms_nut

ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute

So I was in Cincinnati again, watching JJ win her match...

I'm sure I'm still her good luck charm because I've yet to see her lose a match

Unfortunately JJ is not relevant anymore, so they put her matches next to the parking lot even in Cincinnati.

I did get lots of pictures and will blog about her match against Sabine shortly.

I will be going to see her win again today. Tickets for the end of the week have already sold out, so unless she plays on Grandstand (if she wins her R3, I may not get to see her in the later rounds)
ms_nut is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 03:06 PM   #112
country flag ms_nut

ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute

Brief match highlights: JJ's serve sucked at the beginning of the match, (6 DF) but her first serve (when it went in was winning her points).

She stepped her game up towards the end of the first set to win it, including an amazing drop shot winner at 4-4 in the TB after a long 20+ stroke rally.

She played solid tennis to serve for the match, went up 30-0, hit a nice serve out wide and missed an easy FH winner that clipped the net...lost set 2, but came back to take quick lead in set 3, (helped by Sabine, but also with some gutsy BH winners).

They had some long games, and a 3-1, JJ hit about 5 winners to break Sabine including 3 volley winners.... She hit two consecutive passing shot winners to break again for 5-2, won a big point down 0-15, with another passing shot winner and some big first serves to close out Sabine.

Still to come: JJ cussing, talking to the crowd, smiling and telling us that she was happy her volley finally went in, someone telling JJ they love her, JJ sitting on the court, asking the umpire to come down and look at a mark on a hard court,
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 08:30 PM   #113
дalex

дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_nut View Post
Still to come: JJ cussing, talking to the crowd, smiling and telling us that she was happy her volley finally went in, someone telling JJ they love her, JJ sitting on the court, asking the umpire to come down and look at a mark on a hard court,
()
Old Aug 15th, 2013, 02:55 PM   #114
country flag ms_nut

Jj quote of the day(arguing with chair umpire about the line call while sitting on the court " his (linesman) cap is too long and is blocking his vision, or his glasses are too dark."
Old Aug 15th, 2013, 03:35 PM   #115
country flag Hugues Daniel
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute

Her match with Sloane will be streamed on tennistv.
Hugues Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 04:49 AM   #116
country flag ms_nut

JJ vs Lisicki:

First off, it's always exciting to come back to Cincy and see that JJ is a permanent part of it's tennis history

So I wasn't really planning on going to the tournament, given that JJ has been in a mini slump, but then remembered that JJ plays well in Cincy only during the odd years and 2013, is well.... an odd year.

I always get excited when I see JJ live, in action. It's as though she will never lose when I'm watching her.

JJ came into the event with this taping on her Left leg. It reminds me of the Tetris game, with the block falling into place..

Clearly, the Empress-Lisicki match was the feature match and the court was packed in anticipation.. Seriously, most of the people were sitting along the other 3 sides of the court and as the match progressed, the court filled up.
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 05:25 AM   #117
country flag ms_nut

Set 1:

JJ started set 1 by getting broken and was shaky during her first few service games, as she served about 2 DFs per service game. She was starting to get really cranky and started taking it out on her poor brother

One thing I've noticed is that when JJ is not playing well, but really wants to win, she starts cussing and screaming etc. She did fight really hard though, saving two set points with some incredible rallies and hanging on to force a TB. Lisicki was annoying her with her dropshots and JJ kept missing all the drop shots that Lisicki hit in set 1. There was a 20+ point rally at 4-4 in the tiebreak that ended with an incredible drop shot winner by JJ. Lisicki then went on to hit a swing volley winner, but could not hang on in the rally in the next two points and dropped the set. As luck would have it, I was sitting next to a lady who was cheering Sabine on really loudly, screaming "ah wow, oh wow Sabina, Sabina"

Some things I noticed about JJ's game after set 1:
Her volleys look really solid, even her FH volleys
She has replaced her BH swing volley with the traditional knifing volleys, which made her lose some points at the net
She has starting running around her BH and hitting the inside out FH shot which was actually really effective against Lisicki

Set 2 was quite a flop. She was down 1-4 and then played an impressive game to break serve and served for the match at 5-4. She was up 30-0 and hit a wide serve and got a short reply to the FH, which she missed (clipped the net). I expected her to give up and fall apart, but she was fighting throughout the match, which was so impressive.

She was cussing and screaming in Serbian and throwing a hissy fit after nearly every point, even when she won the point... Some one in the crowd was like "translation please".

Set 3:
Sabine gifted her the opening break, but after that JJ really stepped up her game. Up 2-0 she was fighting for the second break of serve. Lisicki hit a shot that JJ thought was out at BP for 3-0. Since there is no hawk-eye, JJ started complaining and asked the umpire to come down and look at the mark on the hardcourt. She just sat down on the court.

JJ quote of the day
Arguing with chair umpire about the line call while sitting on the court " his (linesman) cap is too long and is blocking his vision, or his glasses are too dark and he can't see properly.

The game at 1-3 was incredible, she hit 5 winners, including 3 volley winner and a FH volley to break serve. After her first sing volley winner, someone in the crowd told her "nice to finally see you smiling" to which she replied "yes, at last I hit the ball back into court on the volley".. She did get broken at 4-2, but bounced back breaking for 5-2. She served out the match really well, a BH passing shot winner, some first serve winners and the match was hers. She was really happy to get through the match.

By the end of the match, she had figured out Sabine's dropshots, hitting a winner off a drop shot to break for 5-2. She was initially getting intimidated on her serve by Lisicki, who was cracking the second serves for winners, but towards the end started getting more first serves in.

Last edited by ms_nut : Aug 16th, 2013 at 05:31 AM.
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 05:56 AM   #118
country flag ms_nut

Practice session on Day #4 prior to Rd 3 vs Stephens:

JJ vs Murray

Since both Murray and JJ were playing their matches on Grandstand court, the were practicing earlier in the day. Murray started at 10:00 am and JJ was due on court @ 10:20 am. However, when JJ came on court, Murray was still there. Needless to say, our Empress was not the least bit pleased.

After waiting for about 30 seconds, once the clock struck 10:20, JJ walked onto court. Murray's hitting partner then talked to JJ and asked if it would be ok for Murray to practice for 5 more minutes. JJ said ok, and they both started practicing together at the same time..

Old Aug 16th, 2013, 05:59 AM   #119
country flag ms_nut

JJ's practice session was pretty good. She was on court for at least 25 minutes. She had 2 hitting partners and her brother on court. She was hitting the ball better than her hitting partner. He then started serving to her. She started complaining that he wasn't serving well and not hard enough. She also was complaining that he was not hitting the ball right to her and so she was not getting a good swing at the ball....

Old Aug 16th, 2013, 12:11 PM   #120
country flag GameSetJJ
Delusional Jankobitch

GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute

omg so good

must... have... MORE

Bartoli Li Serena
GameSetJJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote