Nutty meets nutty JJ.. my "JJ in Cincy" thread - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 10th, 2010, 12:20 AM   #91
country flag ms_nut

ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nutty meets nutty JJ.. my "JJ in Cincy" thread

Not sure why her eye looks red, i didn't see her get hit by a ball, i can't tell if one of the bigger girls got her in the locker room. I just attributed it to jet lag.
ms_nut is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 11th, 2010, 05:50 AM   #92
country flag ms_nut

ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute

What a GOAT match from anklena

I'm not going to blog anything down at 1:00 am, i'm going to bed. Coming soon:

1. Apparently, I'm not JJ's #1 fan, Someone else is walking the grounds masquerading as me... (j/k)
2. JJ's practice at 6:00 pm on Stadium court instead of Court 10 (just before the Sharpy match)
3. The yawnfest featuring two ball bashing russians.
4. JJ in action, in all her glory..
5. Bugs, insects and lights irritating JJ (of course, her opponent had no say in the match)

6.Getting to see JJ close up at 9:45 pm ,when most of the crowd had left..
7. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, Sneki is just as bad at challenging line calls as Jeja..
8. JJ cursing so much during the match... (so much so that the Serb sitting ahead of me told someone next to us when asked what JJ was saying in Serbian, "If this were a men's match, I'd tell you what she said"
9. Sitting a few feet away from Sneki. She refused to sign an autograph for me.. (Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained, no big loss except for my bruised ego..)
10. JJ's amazing GOAT stats for the match...
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 06:05 AM   #93
country flag ms_nut

I also forgot to mention how hot and humid it was today. They enforced the 10 minute heat rule at 11:00 pm at night... JJ was so not happy... she was bitching like crazy at her mom as she was leaving, for a second there I thought she was retiring and leaving the court cos she was pissed.
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 06:10 AM   #94
country flag downunderfan

downunderfan is a name known to all downunderfan is a name known to all downunderfan is a name known to all downunderfan is a name known to all downunderfan is a name known to all downunderfan is a name known to all downunderfan is a name known to all downunderfan is a name known to all downunderfan is a name known to all downunderfan is a name known to all downunderfan is a name known to all

Oh, lucky Nut, go and have a well deserved rest. I can't wait to read the blog though.
downunderfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 06:45 AM   #95
дalex

дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like Jankovics were cranky yesterday.
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 10:55 AM   #96
country flag Brena

Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_nut View Post
9. Sitting a few feet away from Sneki. She refused to sign an autograph for me.. (Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained, no big loss except for my bruised ego..)
But you have to forgive her, she had to put up with Her Majesty's bad mood, it can't be easy.

By Harold Pinter&Brena

''Man up or go home.''

''Who cares? Hahahahahaha!''
Brena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 03:07 PM   #97
country flag ms_nut

I knew it was going to be an awfully hot day. It was sweltering in the car, even with the A/C on full blast I was sweating..

We got tickets to the box seats from someone selling them cheaper outside the stadium. I was scared the tickets would be fake and not work. No worries though, they scanned just fine and we got in..

As always, I first run to the practice courts. Sharapova and Caro were practicing at the same time. Caro's practice side was just swamped with fans...(more than Sharapova's, i thought)

It was hard to make out sunshine in all the sunshine

As i walked to stand outside the player lounge, who should i see, but someone wearing a T-shirt saying they were JJ's #1 fan. . I spoke to him and it is JJcrew#1 from the tennis forum. He and his sister are both JJ fans and they had driven down from Cleveland to watch JJ. I invited them to come over to the JJ forum sometime.

(Face withheld to protect fan privacy..)

And then I got to see the biggest diva of all..............I'm talking Alex (not Dalex, though he's quite one too) Stevenson

Poor Stevenson, the guy at the entrance did not know who she was and stopped her. She was forced to show ID to enter the lounge. No one around me so much as stirred when she made her entrance.

Talking to JJ's #1 fan, she was supposed to practice shortly.. at 6:00 pm precisely on Court #10. I don't know how JJ finagled her way onto Stadium court instead. I walked into the stadium as well. 5 minutes later, unhappy tournament ticket checkers did not kick us out, but didn't allow anyone else in.... She asked me for my ticket hoping to kick me out, but i showed her my box ticket... and she walked away disappointed.

Old Aug 11th, 2010, 03:32 PM   #98
country flag ms_nut

By coincidence JJ found herself on the shady part and her hitting partner was on the sunny side of the court.

She was still complaining about the weather though. "It's so hot today".

A lady sitting next to us commented " She complaining about the weather now. She should be thankful she didn't have to play this morning".
Me: She's in the shade as well.

While JJ went to cool off, shower or whatever, I decided to stay and watch the first night match on Stadium. Supposedly 2 ballbashing russians were playing and it was supposed to be a good match. Current World #14 vs World #15 in Rd 1...

Of course, the crowd was a little biased towards Sharapova. Without JJ in action there IS NO drama.

To quickly sum up the match, lots of errors from both players. Set 1 had like 3 winners and 14 UE from Sveta.. (Caro like stat). Sharpie had 13 W/15 UE. Sharpie was definitely going for her serves, serving better than last year. She would hit some stunning return winners and then some crappy netted returns. I was hoping the match would end sooner, but Sharpie started making more UEs and Kuzzie's solid serving helped her quickly win set 2. They came back after a 10 min heat delay and Sharpie raced to a 3-0 lead. Kuzzie took a med time out, I thought she might retire mid-way but she hung on to lose. Sharpie ended with some stunning CC BH winners.

Seriusly, you think that teeny fan is going to keep every inch of you cool?

Schiavone sneaking in to see her soul mate Sveta in action.

Old Aug 11th, 2010, 04:08 PM   #99
country flag Brena

Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute

Judging by those pics, JJlena was cranky even before the match started.
Has Svetsex lost some weight? She looks fitter.

You definitely need to wear a JJ shirt, she seems to need some motivation to not get thrashed by Ammmnmnmnmnuradova/Shvedova/Ancibabe/OtherGOAT. And why was she ballbashing like mad??

By Harold Pinter&Brena

''Man up or go home.''

''Who cares? Hahahahahaha!''
Brena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 04:20 PM   #100
country flag ms_nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepa brena View Post
Judging by those pics, JJlena was cranky even before the match started.
Has Svetsex lost some weight? She looks fitter.

You definitely need to wear a JJ shirt, she seems to need some motivation to not get thrashed by Ammmnmnmnmnuradova/Shvedova/Ancibabe/OtherGOAT. And why was she ballbashing like mad??
Sveta looks fitter, doesn't she.. but all players look fitter to me... even Alisa looks fitter in person...

I did wear a JJ T-shirt today (old one from last year though).
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 04:28 PM   #101
country flag -NAJ-

-NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute

Jelena have the best fans
-NAJ- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 04:59 PM   #102
country flag ms_nut

JJ vs Moon face:

So here I was eagerly awaiting the most important match of the day, while some people had started to leave already.. (can't blame them, it's a working night, people don't need JJ drama so late at night).

JJ seemed happy at the start. She was chatting with the "winners of the coin toss" (Apparently, you sign up every day and one lucky person gets to toss the coin at the match). Sneki had already started her customary sips.

JJ started well. Had an early BP, didn't convert. At 1-2 down, some lady in the crowd was asking "Is she going to tank the match?". The older more knowledgable granny replied "No, she had an injury last week. She'll keep fighting, she's a fighter"

The conversation freaked me out, i was like oh oh, is she going to lose today like last week.

She started her service game down 1-2 poorly. 0-15 and then stopped play to challenge a call.

Luckily it was out and she won the challenge and the game.

JJ broke for 3-2 with some superb return winners. Hit an ace to go up 30-0 and then went on her mini picnic and lost the game. She broke right back though. She was moving ok, not her very best, but was hitting her BHs well and was definitely the aggressor. I didn't feel like she was ball bashing. Absolutely loved her first serve . She was going for it all the time. Consistently at 100-107 MPH. Spinning her second serves in, but Vera was looking to attack them. She broke again for 4-3 and then closed out the set 6-4.

Apparently sipping water during points is contagious as evidenced in this pic as a Serbian fan sips away...

I was surprised by the stats in set 1. It seemed like she had played better than the stats indicated. Oh well, bottom line was she had set 1 in the bag.Onto Set 2 then...

Set 2 started with a break for JJ 1-0 then..

The next game was a marathon as JJ struggled mightily in an attempt to hold serve. This was a crazy game.. JJ DF like 5 times but hit 5 aces as well. It went to several Deuces. JJ was moving much better and defending beautifully until Vera finally wore her down. I knew then that this was a pivotal game. A break back here and Vera was right back in the match...

Now everything started annoying JJ. The lights were getting in her eyes, the insects were forever milling around...her pesky opponent was refusing to bow down to the empress as is customary for every qualifier....

Shoo, you little insect or i'll crush you like a bug!!!...oh wait you are a bug, i'll just crush you then..

She finally got broken at 3-4 down . She started ball bashing in that final game of set 2... and promptly lost that game and set 2.

She was cussing throughout the last few games. It must have been bad, because Sneki and her hitting partner were stone cold silent. Someone asked the Serbian fan what she was saying. He kept quiet and just shrugged his shoulder. "If this were a men's match, i would tell you what was being said". So much for JJ being lady like. Sneki kept saying "C'mon JJ C'mon"...

During set 2, JJ challenged a line call . It was an incorrect challenge , Sneki was like "That's the wrong ball, that hawk eye is not correct" Also, during set 2 , for a ball that was in she was saying "that's definitely out". JJ's hitting partner shook his head and said, "no, that was good". It's obvious where JJ gets her immaculate bat-like vision from.

They called a 10 minute heat break at 11:00 pm.. That's how humid it was. JJ was furious, she was bleating away complaining to Sneki as she walked away...
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 05:14 PM   #103
country flag ms_nut

Onto set 3 then....

JJ came back determined. She served an ace, and some solid serves that helped her hold. Vera seemed to start getting a little nervous. She was helping out with a few UEs as well. The first service game of Vera's was crucial. For the first point she hit a big serve and JJ start running like the energizer bunny defending well. (Ankle injury? what injury? IDK what you're talking about). Vera finally missed the 2nd overhead and gave JJ the first point. Then she hit a big serve again and came to net only to have JJ hit a passing shot winner BH DTL. She DF/ another UE and JJ had the break. She served well again and consolidated. She just eased away and at 5-1 was serving for the match. She DF and gave Vera a 15-40 lead. (She started moaning/groaning again). She then hit two aces in a row... and finally put away Vera 6-4,3-6,6-1. for such GOAT serving , i wondered why she won the toss and elected to receive. The stats were mostly her aces/ service winners. She did have some good BH winners though. I didn't get the feeling she was ball bashing for much of the match. She was being more aggressive and going for her shots. (Maybe she felt she couldn't run as well and needed the extra aggression).

At 5-0 in the 3rd set, i worked up the courage to ask Sneki for her autograph. She was surprised to hear me call her by her first name (Was that rude??). She said something like " I'm sorry, i just don't do that sort of thing".

While JJ was giving away signed tennis balls, JJ's #1 fan (!@#%!) (JJ crew#1) actually caught the ball and ended up with a cool souvenir, congrats!!!

All in all, a long night, but worth it, cos JJ won..
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 05:23 PM   #104
country flag MB.

MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So here I was eagerly awaiting the most important match of the day, while some people had started to leave already.. (can't blame them, it's a working night, people don't need JJ drama so late at night).

During set 2, JJ challenged a line call . It was an incorrect challenge , Sneki was like "That's the wrong ball, that hawk eye is not correct"
Oh. My. God.

Literally dying of laughter here.

1.) People don't need JJ drama late at night....or ever. I think we're masochists, or something.
2.) Snezana is hilarious. She needs to get her own talk show or something.

Thanks for all the updates!
MB. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 05:30 PM   #105
country flag Daruma.

Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB. View Post
Oh. My. God.

Literally dying of laughter here.

1.) People don't need JJ drama late at night....or ever. I think we're masochists, or something.
2.) Snezana is hilarious. She needs to get her own talk show or something.

Thanks for all the updates!
Absolutely.
Daruma. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote