Anastasia Mikheeva - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 27th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #1
country flag *hingis_forever*

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future
Anastasia Mikheeva

Anastasia is one of the best prospects, not only in the United Kingdom, but in the world. She hasn't even turned 13 yet but is already in the top 30 in Tennis Europe 14s rankings. She has won 2 Tennis Europe events this year and is in the semis of another one this week and has amassed a 23/3 W/L record.

*hingis_forever* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 9th, 2012, 06:23 PM   #2
country flag scandic78

scandic78 has much to be proud of scandic78 has much to be proud of scandic78 has much to be proud of scandic78 has much to be proud of scandic78 has much to be proud of scandic78 has much to be proud of scandic78 has much to be proud of scandic78 has much to be proud of scandic78 has much to be proud of scandic78 has much to be proud of scandic78 has much to be proud of
Re: Anastasia Mikheeva

Is she of Bulgarian heritage? Very similar to Maleeva lol

Wow, impressive though! This is fantastic news.

Mary Pierce - Katerina Maleeva - Nicole Vaidisova - Li Na - Agnieszka Radwanska - Kim Clijsters - Amanda Coetzer

Baltacha - Keothavong - Watson - Broady - Robson - Webley-Smith - Moore
scandic78 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 03:11 PM   #3
country flag Sweety Darling

Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of

Good news at us stealing promising players
Sweety Darling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #4
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

She's Russian. To pick one old article from among many: http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/...tacha.15700759
Quote:
“You don’t see players at her age who are that mentally strong, that prepared to sacrifice a lot of things to become a tennis player. That’s very rare. I think it’s the [Russian] culture, it’s that hunger. They want to succeed because it gives them a better life, it’s as simple as that.”
(Quote from Baltacha.)
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #5
country flag Embittered

Has a wild card into the MD of the Edinburgh G5 for her ITF debut.
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 09:33 PM   #6

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future

Plays the 5th seed first round. Potential quarterfinal against Gabriella Taylor could be fun, provided, of course, they both get there.

Old Jul 9th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #7
country flag GSFriek

GSFriek is a glorious beacon of light GSFriek is a glorious beacon of light GSFriek is a glorious beacon of light GSFriek is a glorious beacon of light GSFriek is a glorious beacon of light GSFriek is a glorious beacon of light GSFriek is a glorious beacon of light GSFriek is a glorious beacon of light GSFriek is a glorious beacon of light GSFriek is a glorious beacon of light GSFriek is a glorious beacon of light

It's nice to see we have some young players. I will try and watch her if she plays any tournaments in England
What is a G5 event (pardon my ignorance, but I have only followed Juniors in Grand Slams up until now)
GSFriek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 06:43 PM   #8
country flag Embittered

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSFriek View Post
It's nice to see we have some young players. I will try and watch her if she plays any tournaments in England
What is a G5 event (pardon my ignorance, but I have only followed Juniors in Grand Slams up until now)
Grade 5, the lowest grade of ITF junior tournament.

ITF tournament page: http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/tou...tid=1100026821
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 10:36 PM   #9

Into the quarterfinal after a three set win over Sabrina Federici. She has a tough match next against Grace Dixon.

Old Jul 12th, 2012, 10:44 PM   #10
country flag Embittered

Well, Anastasia beat Dixon in straights to reach the semis, where her opponent is her doubles partner, another British tennis player, just a couple of days older than her (as well as being a Doctor Who alien), Georgina Axon.
Old Jul 12th, 2012, 11:47 PM   #11

That's such an impressive win for Anastasia! Should be a great semi against her good friend and doubles partner.

Old Jul 13th, 2012, 07:22 PM   #12
country flag Embittered

Nastia won 3 & 2 and plays Brogan in the final tomorrow.

http://www.lta.org.uk/in-your-area/S...ottish-Finale/

Last edited by Embittered : Jul 13th, 2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 10:33 PM   #13

Great week so far for Anastasia. I think Brogan might have too much for her at the moment, but I said the same about Grace Dixon, so who knows!

Old Jul 14th, 2012, 04:45 PM   #14
country flag Embittered

Quote:
Originally Posted by *hingis_forever* View Post
Great week so far for Anastasia. I think Brogan might have too much for her at the moment, but I said the same about Grace Dixon, so who knows!
That proved to be the case. The match was played indoors, apparently, maybe that made life harder for Anastasia. Great debut, nevertheless.
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #15
country flag Embittered

Plays in the QF of the Malta G4 tomorrow. Which is only of even passing interest because her opponent is one M. Lumsden.