Ani Mijacika cheering thread - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 25th, 2009, 05:34 AM   #91
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future
Re: Ani Mijacika cheering thread

Thanks for the great news, jenysam. I'm sad for Lepchenko, and hope her injury isn't serious, but if it had to happen I'm thrilled that it happened against Ani so that she advances to the QF. Ani won 46 76(5) ret., which means that she was just 2-3 points from losing the match. With this, Ani moves up to a new career-high ranking of ~370-375. People are definitely going to start noticing Ani soon, if they haven't already.

In the QF Ani plays the #6 seed, Lauren Albanese (#181, career-high #158). Best of luck, Ani--and welcome to the 300s!
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 25th, 2009, 06:15 AM   #92
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

AJ-MO A-NI! This is getting better and better - her doubles ranking will improve a lot too, she'll be at a new career-high there as well (at ~350). Way to go girl! In singles she'll overtake Savic, and get quite close to Lucic, while she's already our #3 in doubles. I hope we'll be able to count on her when it comes to playing Fed cup, cause she could be very useful there.

AJMO!!!
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 12:12 PM   #93
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Old Sep 25th, 2009, 09:46 PM   #94
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

it seems ani won 6-1 4-6 7-5 and she is in the semifinals!
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 11:51 PM   #95
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

That's fantastic! Congratulations, Ani, and welcome to the top 350! (will be ~335-340).

In just seven tournaments, Ani already has more points than Pandzic had in ten

In the SF, Ani plays the #3 seed, Shenay PERRY. It'll be very tough but if Ani can find a way to win she'll be in the 200s!
Old Sep 26th, 2009, 05:57 AM   #96
country flag networthy

How's this for a statistic: after this week there will be only two players ranked ahead of Ani who have played fewer tournaments: Iryna Kuryanovich (#322; 5 tournaments) and Kim Clijsters (#17; 3 tournaments)!
Old Sep 26th, 2009, 06:26 AM   #97
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

^And since Clijsters probably has some alien genetics, that makes it only one

Amazing result for Ani, big congratulations!!!

It's hard to believe that this is only the third time she's playing in a MD of a challenger! Up until this year she played just three times in qualies of challengers, but never made it through, and all other tournaments she ever played were satelites! Pretty amazing! This is by far her career-best result. Too bad Las Vegas isn't a 75k, Ani could maybe get an SE.

Now onto the semis - best of luck Ani!

P. S. No word about doubles
Old Sep 26th, 2009, 07:41 AM   #98
country flag JURasic

JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light

Ani is just unbelievable

It really would be cool if she would pass into the F
JURasic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2009, 11:04 AM   #99
country flag roxi

roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future

Well done Ani!!!
Old Sep 26th, 2009, 05:26 PM   #100
country flag JURasic

JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck today Ani! Do your best!!!
Old Sep 26th, 2009, 08:52 PM   #101
country flag networthy

Shenay Perry was too good--Ani lost today: 76(2) 62.

Nothing at all to be ashamed of, though: Perry is #110, with career-high #40; Ani kept it close in the first set; this was Ani's sixth match in as many days; and this is by far Ani's best tournament ever.

Good luck in Vegas, Ani--hit the jackpot!
Old Sep 26th, 2009, 08:52 PM   #102
country flag JURasic

(3)Shenay Perry (USA) d. (Q)Ani Mijacika (CRO) 76(2) 62

But in every case very good fight... This has been a great tournament, GL on next ones

Where she plays next?
Old Sep 26th, 2009, 09:14 PM   #103
country flag Hele.

great tournament ani
Old Sep 27th, 2009, 06:21 AM   #104
country flag ma re

Ani and Ajla also lost the doubles, but it was very tough (11-9 in the breaker), and to 3rd seeds Czink/Lee-Waters, so no shame in losing that one either.

A really great tourney, but I wonder if she'll even show up in LV, cause she'd have to play qualies there.
Old Sep 27th, 2009, 06:26 AM   #105
country flag JURasic

^^ Well she is on q list:
(1)Julia Cohen (USA) v (wc)Maureen Diaz (USA)
Ani Mijacika (CRO) v Ashley Weinhold (USA)

Amra Sadikovic (SUI) v Chen Astrogo (ISR)
(6)Julia Glushko (ISR) v Mirjana Lucic (CRO)

Shitty draw, but at least we know who won't qualify