Ani Mijacika cheering thread - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 27th, 2009, 05:04 AM   #31
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ani Mijacika cheering thread

I thought R2 could be a tough one, but Ani is on fire! GL in the quarters
ma re is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 27th, 2009, 07:42 PM   #32
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

she beat akiki 7-5 6-0 and now again plays against ozegovic in the semifinals
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 09:13 PM   #33
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

Go get her, Ani
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 06:45 AM   #34
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

After another long match against Ozegovic, Ani lost - it was 7:6, 6:7, 5:7. But after all these matches played lately, it' no wonder she finally ran out of steam. It was a good effort, hope she can keep it up for the rest of the season.

Well done Ani
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 08:28 AM   #35
country flag ma re

Ani made a big jump up the rankings this week, from 759 to 644. That's still quite far from her best (#415), but considering the fact that those are points from just 4 tourneys counted in, it's a great result. After Velenje (and hopefully Maribor) points are added she should be inside top600. She won QR1 in Maribor 25k by easily winning over some girl ranked outside of 900, next plays someone unranked, but could face a top seed of qualies (ranked ~#300) in the last round - would be tough.

Good luck!
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 05:28 AM   #36
country flag JURasic

JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light

In R1 of Maribor 25000$, Ani will face Marija Abramovic.

To bad for Marija that they had to meet so early, because Ani is clear favorite... It'll be interesting to see how deep will Ani go her...

GL
JURasic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 04:04 PM   #37
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

After Velenje points, Ani will move up to ~580-585. If she wins Maribor R1, it'll be ~535-540.

Last edited by networthy : Sep 2nd, 2009 at 07:47 PM.
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 07:46 PM   #38
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

I just realized that Ani now has a ranking in doubles also. She won Palic (with Antunovic) and is now #642. This week in Maribor, she's playing doubles with Vrljic. Unfortunately in R1 they play the #2 seeds, BIRNEROVA/SAVINYKH.
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 06:07 AM   #39
country flag ma re

They beat the 2nd seeds in three sets(), and now her doubles ranking will improve by (at least) some 70 spots - still far from career-high #377, but she's coming there.
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 06:17 PM   #40
country flag JURasic

JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light

Ani defeated M.Abramovic 6:2 6:2
JURasic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 07:29 PM   #41
country flag networthy

Ani also won her QF doubles match:
MIJACIKA (CRO) / VRLJIC (CRO) defeated DAMASCHIN (ROU) / ENACHE (ROU) 6-3 6-0.

Last edited by networthy : Sep 2nd, 2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 07:49 PM   #42
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
After Velenje points, Ani will move up to ~580-585. If she wins Maribor R1, it'll be ~535-540.
If Ani wins Maribor R2 she'll move up to ~510-515. This girl's moving up fast!
Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 07:25 AM   #43
country flag ma re

^Fast indeed! And the way she destroyed Marija Both of her rankings are going up fast, she should be ~#550 in doubles now, in case of a final some 30 more places up, and additional 50 in case of a title.

Ajmo Ani
Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 06:48 PM   #44
country flag networthy

In R2 of Maribor Ani beat the #6 seed, Irina BURYACHOK (UKR) 75 63. This is an excellent win for Ani. Buryachok is ranked 247, with a career-high ranking of 211; also, this is the most points Ani has won in a single tournament since her comeback (maybe ever?). With this win, Ani will move up to ~510-515.

In the QF she plays unseeded Dia EVTIMOVA (446, career-high 240). Good luck to Ani. If she wins she'll move into the top 500!.
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 06:23 AM   #45
country flag ma re

Wow, what a progress, another straight sets win over a seeded player! I never would've thought Ani will be this good. She also made doubles finals with Vrljic and they'll play unseeded Abramovic/Kachlikova for the title, so for us who follow Cro girls it's not really a disaster even if they lose

So she's one singles and one doubles win away from making it to top500 on both lists!

Good luck Ani