Need Top 8 seeds for 1975 Australian Open - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 1st, 2009, 09:19 PM   #1
country flag kiddkidd

kiddkidd is an unknown quantity at this point
Need Top 8 seeds for 1975 Australian Open

Can anyone help? I am needing the Top 8 men's seeds for the 1975 Australian Open. Wikipedia doesn't list them, which is strange that this is in the only year they don't list the seeded players.

Can anyone please help?!

A million thanks!
kiddkidd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 14th, 2010, 09:50 AM   #2
country flag rabbits

rabbits is a splendid one to behold rabbits is a splendid one to behold rabbits is a splendid one to behold rabbits is a splendid one to behold rabbits is a splendid one to behold rabbits is a splendid one to behold rabbits is a splendid one to behold rabbits is a splendid one to behold rabbits is a splendid one to behold rabbits is a splendid one to behold rabbits is a splendid one to behold
Re: Need Top 8 seeds for 1975 Australian Open

Di Fromholtz, Kerry Reid probably in there
rabbits is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 03:17 PM   #3
country flag FionaZiYi

FionaZiYi is a glorious beacon of light FionaZiYi is a glorious beacon of light FionaZiYi is a glorious beacon of light FionaZiYi is a glorious beacon of light FionaZiYi is a glorious beacon of light FionaZiYi is a glorious beacon of light FionaZiYi is a glorious beacon of light FionaZiYi is a glorious beacon of light FionaZiYi is a glorious beacon of light FionaZiYi is a glorious beacon of light FionaZiYi is a glorious beacon of light

1 Margaret Court AUS
2 Olga Morozova URS
3 Evonne Goolagong Cawley AUS
4 Kerry Reid AUS
5 Helen Cawley AUS
6 Kazuko Sawamatsu JPN
7 Dianne Balestrat AUS
8 Martina Navratilova USA

I got the list from tenniscorner.net
FionaZiYi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2010, 11:48 AM   #4
country flag Josus57

Josus57 is a name known to all Josus57 is a name known to all Josus57 is a name known to all Josus57 is a name known to all Josus57 is a name known to all Josus57 is a name known to all Josus57 is a name known to all Josus57 is a name known to all Josus57 is a name known to all Josus57 is a name known to all Josus57 is a name known to all

1 Margaret Court AUS
2 Olga Morozova URS
3 Evonne Goolagong Cawley AUS
4 Kerry Reid AUS
5 Helen Cawley AUS
6 Kazuko Sawamatsu JPN
7 Dianne Balestrat AUS
8 Martina Navratilova USA

I got the list from tenniscorner.net[/quote]

I don't understand how Olga Morozova was seeded above Evonne, even if she was a finalist at Wimbledon the year before.
Josus57 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2010, 03:41 PM   #5
country flag laschutz

laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold

i find it weird that margaret was seeded number 1 quite frankly! did she even play at all in 1974, so i would think evonne who had a good 1974 should have been seeded number 1, morozova perhaps number 2 and margaret? not sure based on her ranking from 1973 and not much play in 1974 would her ranking from 2 years before this event still have enough "points" to give her a high seeding? no matter she (margaret) should not have been ranked number 1 that's for sure!
laschutz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2010, 07:08 PM   #6
country flag Fantastic

Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future

OK, kiddkidd wrote "...the Top 8 men's seeds for the 1975 Australian Open..." It's a women's tennis forum, but hey. So here are the men's seeds in case that's what was meant (and still interested):

1. Jimmy CONNORS (USA)
2. John NEWCOMBE (AUS)
3. Tony ROCHE (AUS)
4. John ALEXANDER (AUS)
5. Ross CASE (AUS)
6. Alex METREVELI (RUS)
7. Geoff MASTERS (AUS)
8. Phil DENT (AUS)
"Tell us Rafa, what else do you do with your right hand?" - Todd Woodbridge
"I have a pain here, in my famous ass" - Rafael Nadal

Come visit me at: www.myspace.com/als_myspace_page
Fantastic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote