The Irina Falconi Cheer Squad - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 19th, 2010, 08:32 PM   #76
country flag hammerhead

hammerhead is a splendid one to behold hammerhead is a splendid one to behold hammerhead is a splendid one to behold hammerhead is a splendid one to behold hammerhead is a splendid one to behold hammerhead is a splendid one to behold hammerhead is a splendid one to behold hammerhead is a splendid one to behold hammerhead is a splendid one to behold hammerhead is a splendid one to behold hammerhead is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Irina Falconi Cheer Squad

Pro! Ughh...did she not see how Mallory Cecil (NCAA Champion) fared in the pros??
hammerhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 19th, 2010, 09:34 PM   #77
country flag simonsaystennis
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
Pro! Ughh...did she not see how Mallory Cecil (NCAA Champion) fared in the pros??
Irina has had better results than Mallory while she was still an amateur... and she stayed in NCAAs a year longer than Mallory. I think this is a good decision.

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
simonsaystennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 09:51 PM   #78
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsaystennis View Post
Irina has had better results than Mallory while she was still an amateur... and she stayed in NCAAs a year longer than Mallory. I think this is a good decision.
Better?

Cecil actually won NCAA and helped Duke to win the championship. And Irina won few 10Ks which Cecil also did.

And Falconi only played handful tournaments so far and a few 50K and 75K while Cecil, prior turning pro, already played WTA tournaments.

I've never watched Irina played before but at least with Cecil, there's potential. Big groundstrokes. But good luck to her anyway.

Harju. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 04:15 AM   #79
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCourt~Rally View Post
Wow, so she's not going back to college next month . Well, congrats to Irina! I wish her all the best in her new pro status

I wonder what Amalgamate thinks about this .
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 06:37 AM   #80
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harju. View Post
Better?

Cecil actually won NCAA and helped Duke to win the championship. And Irina won few 10Ks which Cecil also did.

And Falconi only played handful tournaments so far and a few 50K and 75K while Cecil, prior turning pro, already played WTA tournaments.

I've never watched Irina played before but at least with Cecil, there's potential. Big groundstrokes. But good luck to her anyway.
I was talking strictly pro results. And yes, I think Irina had a better 2009 than Mal. Just sayin.

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 02:05 PM   #81
country flag jabby11

jabby11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cecil did not have good results in 2009 because she has fought injury since August,2009. She had a broken foot bone when she played the US Open. She now has a torn hip labrum, so she is back at Duke in summer school, while she heals.
jabby11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 04:32 PM   #82
country flag hammerhead

hammerhead is a splendid one to behold hammerhead is a splendid one to behold hammerhead is a splendid one to behold hammerhead is a splendid one to behold hammerhead is a splendid one to behold hammerhead is a splendid one to behold hammerhead is a splendid one to behold hammerhead is a splendid one to behold hammerhead is a splendid one to behold hammerhead is a splendid one to behold hammerhead is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabby11 View Post
Cecil did not have good results in 2009 because she has fought injury since August,2009. She had a broken foot bone when she played the US Open. She now has a torn hip labrum, so she is back at Duke in summer school, while she heals.
Your comment further illustrates the point. One injury and you can get derailed easily. Just ask Jamea Jackson, Alexa Glatch, Audra Cohen, Mallory Cecil -- etc -- who all had superior results to Irina before turning pro.
hammerhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2010, 02:29 PM   #83
country flag jabby11

jabby11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Agreed. However, what is the point? What are the criterion for American women to turn pro? All the women you mentioned have the results. Who can predict injury? Do you not turn pro just because you might get injured?
The ones who chose to go to college continure to get behind from a tennis perspective. However, there is much to be said about the personal and mental growth in college.
Also, the USTA does not financially and "coachingly" help these women as they do the men. That is the X factor in my opinion.
jabby11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2010, 05:27 PM   #84
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabby11 View Post
Agreed. However, what is the point? What are the criterion for American women to turn pro? All the women you mentioned have the results. Who can predict injury? Do you not turn pro just because you might get injured?
The ones who chose to go to college continure to get behind from a tennis perspective. However, there is much to be said about the personal and mental growth in college.
Also, the USTA does not financially and "coachingly" help these women as they do the men. That is the X factor in my opinion.
What do you mean by this?
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2010, 07:44 AM   #85
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Irina

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 11:33 PM   #86
Team USA

Irina defeated Tamaryn Hendler 6-1 6-3 to reach FQR in Vancouver!

Old Aug 3rd, 2010, 07:22 PM   #87
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Van:FQ: Irina Falconi def Julia Glushko: 6/3 6/2
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2010, 07:24 PM   #88
Team USA

irina

Old Aug 3rd, 2010, 07:47 PM   #89
country flag Srodgers

Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Great job Irina
Old Aug 3rd, 2010, 09:58 PM   #90
country flag ArturoAce.
Chip 'n Charge

ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute

Keep it up Miss Falconi
ArturoAce. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote