The Irina Falconi Cheer Squad - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 29th, 2010, 12:38 AM   #181
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Irina Falconi Cheer Squad

That's one of the tougher Q spots in the MD. No pressure at all. Hopefully she'll be on a tv court so everyone can see how she plays . There seems to be allot of interest in her in GM
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 29th, 2010, 01:16 AM   #182
country flag simonsaystennis
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute

Bummer But she has nothing to lose. Hopefully she will be on TV and whatever happens it will be a good experience!!

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
simonsaystennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2010, 01:39 AM   #183
country flag Vwilliamsfan1

Vwilliamsfan1 has a reputation beyond repute Vwilliamsfan1 has a reputation beyond repute Vwilliamsfan1 has a reputation beyond repute Vwilliamsfan1 has a reputation beyond repute Vwilliamsfan1 has a reputation beyond repute Vwilliamsfan1 has a reputation beyond repute Vwilliamsfan1 has a reputation beyond repute Vwilliamsfan1 has a reputation beyond repute Vwilliamsfan1 has a reputation beyond repute Vwilliamsfan1 has a reputation beyond repute Vwilliamsfan1 has a reputation beyond repute

Great job qualifing Irina!!

Have a good experience against Flavia

Americans
Vwilliamsfan1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2010, 08:58 PM   #184

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/art...181192304.html << Article with a few pics

Hometown support powers Falconi

Irina Falconi owes a big assist to the tennis-playing residents of the small Inwood Park section of Manhattan, New York, where she first fell in love with the game of tennis. Falconi scored three big wins in US Open qualifying, and her supporters came out vociferously each time to cheer on one of their own during the tournament that concluded on Saturday.

Falconi, a former two-time All-American at Georgia Tech, told reporters on Sunday at the US Open that she heard the group of rooters -- who gave her the endearing nickname "The Crown Jewel" -- all week. She said it inspired her to ultimately win her three matches to become the only American to qualify for the main draw.

In the process, Falconi became just the 10th player in US Open history to make the main draw after receiving a wild card into the qualifying tournament. Four of the six women who accomplished the feat also went on to win a match in the main draw.

Falconi, 20, drew No. 19 seeded Flavia Pennetta of Italy in the last match on Court 11 Monday.

"They were very loud," Falconi said. "It's nice to play in front of your home crowd."

Falconi said she retuned to the nine public Inwood Park courts on Saturday night after her win and looked out over the courts. "I just like the atmosphere," she said. "It brings back a lot of memories. The courts always looked like they were in good condition.

"I will always have a soft spot in my heart for that area. I plan on going back and playing there at some point. Just to see what the courts are like."

She said playing with the older men at Inwood Park helped form a game with a ton of variety.

"I grew up with those guys from the time I was four to age 14," she said. "And I was never really accustomed to orthodox tennis. I'm not the traditional bang-banger. I think the variety I saw in all those guys' games helped me."

Falconi beat Canada's Stephanie Dubois in straight sets, 6-3, 6-1, on Saturday to earn one of the 16 coveted qualifying spots in the main draw. She beat Dubois earlier this month in the Vancouver $175,000 WTA event quarterfinals.

"That absolutely helped me," she said. "I had some great notes from that match and I just played so solid. I took what I had learned the first time and just developed it even more."

Falconi was the 2010 ACC Player of the Year and lost in the quarterfinal of the NCAA singles tournament to eventual winner Chelsey Gullickson. She won the ITA Riviera All-American in 2009.

Georgia Tech volunteer assistant coach Jeff Wilson says Falconi has a great chance to get a win at the Open on Monday.

"I think it's a great matchup for Irina," he said. "They have similar game styles. They both move well and cover all parts of the court very well. We'll put a tactical game plan together tonight."

Falconi, who lost in the qualifying tournament's first round last year, beat Germany's Mona Barthel, 6-0, 6-2, in the first round this year. In the second round she got past No. 10 seeded Anastasia Pivovarova of Russia (ranked No. 116 in the world) on Friday, 6-7 (4), 6-2, 6-2.

"Last year was more of a deer in the headlights kind of feeling for me," she said. "Now I feel that I really belong here and after each match I feel more comfortable just with the crowds and the atmosphere and everything that goes with that.

"It's a little bit surreal. I don't think it's quite hit me yet. I think once I see my name in that draw it will. It's been quite a journey and I'm very excited."

She doesn't have many memories of attending the US Open as a child. "I came here once at a kid," she said. "That's the sad part. It's my favorite all-time tournament and I didn't come that much. So it's really strange to be playing here. I was very young when I came the first time."
Old Aug 31st, 2010, 01:08 AM   #185
country flag Srodgers

Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Lost 62 61 to Flavia

Good job qualifying though!!
Old Aug 31st, 2010, 01:11 AM   #186

Irina just lost to Flavia 6/2 6/1

Still a very solid week qualifying for the MD. I hope she enjoyed the first time experience of playing at the USO even though the match was a bit lopsided. I'm looking forward to seeing how her form holds up going into the fall season.
Old Aug 31st, 2010, 06:15 AM   #187
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Irina

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2010, 06:16 AM   #188
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 31st, 2010, 06:16 AM   #189
country flag hellas719

Old Aug 31st, 2010, 06:17 AM   #190
country flag hellas719

There was a small article on her in the New York Post today

Old Aug 31st, 2010, 06:26 PM   #191

Irina will move up to around #300 when the new rankings are released next Monday
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 01:16 AM   #192
country flag Sexysova
Hot as hell! <3

Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute

US Open R1: Flavia Pennetta vs. Irina Falconi

vs.

MATCH: http://forum.vaidisova-nicole.com/vi...p=13780#p13780
Sexysova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 01:24 AM   #193

Thanks for the linc
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 11:51 PM   #194
country flag Srodgers

Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Quebec City Q:
Danielle Mills v Irina Falconi

Good first round for Irina
Old Sep 11th, 2010, 04:34 AM   #195
country flag hellas719

GL Irina!