Taylor Townsend Thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 27th, 2012, 01:17 AM   #1
country flag Maza1987

Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of
Taylor Townsend Thread

Really think it's time for her to have her own thread for us to follow her.
She has made it to the oz open junior semi this week.

— Caroline Garcia — Taylor Townsend — Kristina Mladenovic — Heather Watson — Elina Svitolina —
Maza1987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 27th, 2012, 01:25 AM   #2
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Taylor Townsend Thread

Good idea

She takes on Krista Hardebeck in the semis later today... GL!
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2012, 05:00 AM   #3
country flag Inger67

Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute

She just won! 7-6, 6-4! Into the final!!!! Omg yes I've been following her results ever since I first heard about her at the USO last year in qualies. I watched her play a little bit against Coco at the AO WC playoff and I was pretty impressed. Yeah she wasn't too consistent, but she still hit a big ball and she definitely has a lot of potential. Only 15! It will be a tough final if she plays Yulia
Venus Williams • Urszula Radwanska • Lyudmyla Kichenok • Garbiñe Muguruza • Simona Halep • Agnieszka Radwanska • Kristina Mladenovic • Taylor Townsend • Ajla Tomljanovic • Eugenie Bouchard • Carla Suárez Navarro
TT Singles Current Ranking: #41 (CH Ranking: #11)
Titles: Quebec City 2012, Cincinnati 2011
TT Doubles Current Ranking: #10 (CH Ranking: #8)
Titles: Tokyo 2012 (w/New_balls_please), Stanford 2012, Carlsbad 2011, Osaka 2011 (w/rvugt)
French Open 2013 Finalist (w/New_balls_please)
Inger67 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2012, 07:18 AM   #4
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

I'm really really happy for Taylor even though I'm much more of a Krista fan.

She's really made strides in her game and it's so nice to see her progress.

But a part of me wonders how her BFF Gabrielle Andrews feels. Before USO qualies, it was pretty common that people put Andrews over Taylor...

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2012, 07:32 AM   #5
country flag Inger67

Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute

I just looked at the draw and noticed this: If Taylor wins she will give her "BFF" Gabby the wooden spoon award!

Andrews lost to Doroshina
Doroshina lost to Cadar
Cadar lost to Ozaki
Ozaki lost to Bouchard
Bouchard lost to Putintseva
Putintesva vs. Townsend
Venus Williams • Urszula Radwanska • Lyudmyla Kichenok • Garbiñe Muguruza • Simona Halep • Agnieszka Radwanska • Kristina Mladenovic • Taylor Townsend • Ajla Tomljanovic • Eugenie Bouchard • Carla Suárez Navarro
TT Singles Current Ranking: #41 (CH Ranking: #11)
Titles: Quebec City 2012, Cincinnati 2011
TT Doubles Current Ranking: #10 (CH Ranking: #8)
Titles: Tokyo 2012 (w/New_balls_please), Stanford 2012, Carlsbad 2011, Osaka 2011 (w/rvugt)
French Open 2013 Finalist (w/New_balls_please)
Inger67 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2012, 11:14 AM   #6
country flag Maza1987

Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of

and she won the dubs final with andrews
gl in the final

— Caroline Garcia — Taylor Townsend — Kristina Mladenovic — Heather Watson — Elina Svitolina —
Old Jan 27th, 2012, 12:37 PM   #7
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maza1987 View Post
and she won the dubs final with andrews
gl in the final

Now GL in the singles finals Hopefully TTC will have live coverage
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #8
country flag TrojanStallion

TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future

Congrats on winning the girls doubles title, and good luck in the singles final!!!

But, i just randomly thought of something, having noticed Taylor & Gabby play alot of doubles together, and rather successfully for being only 15. What if they continue playing doubles together, and do so on the pro circuit as well? I know doubles team are always switching things up all the time, but has a doubles team played regularly in the juniors, and transitioned into a successful pro team?
TrojanStallion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2012, 06:23 PM   #9
country flag erschloy214

erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all

Taylor seems like she has great potential....I hope she brings it in the final and wins!
erschloy214 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2012, 06:25 PM   #10
country flag erschloy214

erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all

Does anyone know more about how Taylor plays? She looks like she is probably a huge hitter....but I don't know too much! I wonder what her Jr. Ranking will be after this tournament.
erschloy214 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2012, 06:45 PM   #11
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

Taylor is a lefty with a decent serve but the most impressive part of her game is her net skills and touch. Groundies are good as well. She reminds me a bit of Donald Young, not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2012, 10:58 PM   #12
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Junior AO Doubles Champs.
Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2012, 11:23 PM   #13
country flag Maza1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by erschloy214 View Post
Does anyone know more about how Taylor plays? She looks like she is probably a huge hitter....but I don't know too much! I wonder what her Jr. Ranking will be after this tournament.
Never seen her play, but according to reports she's more like kimiko date krumm rather than a kleybanova.
And that's a good thing imo. It's the fact that she is atypical which is why, imo, the juniors struggle against her and why I believe she will have a good pro career.

Old Jan 28th, 2012, 03:15 AM   #14
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Won the singles 6-1 3-6 6-3. Grace at USO and Taylor at Aussie, good job to the teens

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 03:46 AM   #15
country flag Day Dreamer

Day Dreamer is a glorious beacon of light Day Dreamer is a glorious beacon of light Day Dreamer is a glorious beacon of light Day Dreamer is a glorious beacon of light Day Dreamer is a glorious beacon of light Day Dreamer is a glorious beacon of light Day Dreamer is a glorious beacon of light Day Dreamer is a glorious beacon of light Day Dreamer is a glorious beacon of light Day Dreamer is a glorious beacon of light Day Dreamer is a glorious beacon of light

Congrats Taylor
Day Dreamer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote