Prague IS R1: P. Kvitova d. A. Lapushchenkova 6-1, 6-0 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 14th, 2009, 02:33 PM   #1
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute
Prague IS R1: P. Kvitova d. A. Lapushchenkova 6-1, 6-0

1st serve % from Kvitova: 42%.

Our Czech reporters are probably at Kookie's match (and Sexysova hates Kvitova's guts anyway) so I suspect what happened here will forever remain shrouded in mystery.

Eu Jogo Ténis

Prokofiev + Son Goku = pwnage
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 14th, 2009, 02:39 PM   #2
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Prague IS R1: P. Kvitova d. A. Lapushchenkova 6-1, 6-0

Andrew (Sexysova) actually voted for Kvitova in the PYW game yesterday and was quite positive about her doubles performance so maybe the fact that Vaidisova does not think her to be the devil influenced his own opinion of her? Regardless, I hope to hear something from this match. I can guess that Lapushchenkova and her over-inflated ranking just didn't do anything.
Old Jul 14th, 2009, 02:42 PM   #3
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
Andrew (Sexysova) actually voted for Kvitova in the PYW game yesterday and was quite positive about her doubles performance so maybe the fact that Vaidisova does not think her to be the devil influenced his own opinion of her?
I've asked this before in several places: what's the story between Ondrej and Kvitova anyway? She seemed nice when I met her.

Eu Jogo Ténis

Old Jul 14th, 2009, 02:49 PM   #4
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't tell you. In the past he has made references to her sometimes brainless game, her weight, and the way she screams "pojd'" after points. A player is never going to be liked by everybody anyway so I try to take his comments with that in mind. I'm hoping he will warm to her though, because she seems to be a really sweet person and if she ever fixes that serve and forehand grip, will be a Top30 player at least.
Old Jul 14th, 2009, 02:53 PM   #5
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute

wow, you gotta really suck to win ONE game against kvitova in her current form, serving a 42% first serves.

Beat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2009, 02:54 PM   #6
Andreas
секси

Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Couldn't tell you. In the past he has made references to her sometimes brainless game, her weight, and the way she screams "pojd'" after points. A player is never going to be liked by everybody anyway so I try to take his comments with that in mind. I'm hoping he will warm to her though, because she seems to be a really sweet person and if she ever fixes that serve and forehand grip, will be a Top30 player at least.
Why do you even care? He changes opinions about players like other people change underwear. Jankovic used to one of his favourite players, now he finds her boring. He used to like Wozniacki, then he didn't and now he does again. He used to hate Kirilenko and Kvitova with passion and now he likes them On top of that Azarenka was one of his favourites and now she's his least favourie.

I really don't give a damn what other people think about my favourite players. We all have different a different taste and that is how it should be. With that said, we could always show a bit more respect when talking about the players we don't like.

Andreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2009, 03:00 PM   #7
country flag iPatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
Why do you even care? He changes opinions about players like other people change underwear. Jankovic used to one of his favourite players, now he finds her boring. He used to like Wozniacki, then he didn't and now he does again. He used to hate Kirilenko and Kvitova with passion and now he likes them On top of that Azarenka was one of his favourites and now she's his least favourie.

I really don't give a damn what other people think about my favourite players. We all have different a different taste and that is how it should be. With that said, we could always show a bit more respect when talking about the players we don't like.
It's obviously not pleasant to hear extremely disrespectful things said about our favorite players. It's human nature for everybody to want others to like the things they like. If not like, at least be civil and decent towards.

Anyway, back on topic: Kvitova should face a stiff challenge in the next round against 16-year old Mladenovic or 15-year old Diyas.
Old Jul 14th, 2009, 03:06 PM   #8
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute

AnnaL
Old Jul 14th, 2009, 03:06 PM   #9
country flag Corswandt

Quote:
her sometimes brainless game
It's not like she could play any differently from the way she does. Needless to say she can't handle any kind of pace, so she needs to dictate all the time. Her game actually makes the best possible use of her strengths.

She's not a beauty queen, granted, but when she's playing in that Berdych-like trance in which she's hitting every ball hard and clean and all of her shots land 5 cm from the baseline or closer, I'll take her over any overrated "cutie".

Quote:
if she ever fixes that serve and forehand grip, will be a Top30 player at least.
Agreed about the FH grip. She can flatten it out when going for the kill, but you can sense that she only does that when she's feeling confident. Most of the time she hits her FH loopy CC and can keep the rallies stalemated at best (i.e. only if she's hitting it deep enough).

Serve seemed fine up until and including the Fed Cup disaster.

Eu Jogo Ténis

Old Jul 14th, 2009, 03:06 PM   #10
country flag Corswandt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
we could always show a bit more respect when talking about the players we don't like.
Channelling ChrisCHorse here?

GM would become unbearably boring.

Eu Jogo Ténis

Old Jul 14th, 2009, 03:09 PM   #11
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Andrew (Sexysova) actually voted for Kvitova in the PYW game yesterday and was quite positive about her doubles performance so maybe the fact that Vaidisova does not think her to be the devil influenced his own opinion of her? Regardless, I hope to hear something from this match. I can guess that Lapushchenkova and her over-inflated ranking just didn't do anything.
I don't think you are fair there.
Anna is in a really bad run of results lately, but in general her ranking is not over-inflated, that's what I think.But she has quite a solid strike and a devent first serve. Although her net game and second serve and also her consistency should be improved.
Old Jul 14th, 2009, 03:11 PM   #12
country flag iPatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corswandt View Post
It's not like she could play any differently from the way she does. Needless to say she can't handle any kind of pace, so she needs to dictate all the time. Her game actually makes the best possible use of her strengths.

She's not a beauty queen, granted, but when she's playing in that Berdych-like trance in which she's hitting every ball hard and clean and all of her shots land 5 cm from the baseline or closer, I'll take her over any overrated "cutie".

Agreed about the FH grip. She can flatten it out when going for the kill, but you can sense that she only does that when she's feeling confident. Most of the time she hits her FH loopy CC and can keep the rallies stalemated at best (i.e. only if she's hitting it deep enough).

Serve seemed fine up until and including the Fed Cup disaster.
In Paris last year she was setting points up by placing her serve and just keeping the ball deep. This year she seems to want to be like her idol Sharapova and go for winners off balls that her skills don't allow her to go for. She is brainless normally, but when she's out of form it's just terrible to watch.

Serve was great until she started working with Benesova's coach and he changed her motion due to elbow problems. Anyone with elbow problems can tell you how difficult it is to accelerate on your serve without feeling tremendous pain. As a result, she lost all confidence in her serve and now uses basically all arm.
Old Jul 14th, 2009, 03:13 PM   #13
country flag iPatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballbasher View Post
I don't think you are fair there.
Anna is in a really bad run of results lately, but in general her ranking is not over-inflated, that's what I think.But she has quite a solid strike and a devent first serve. Although her net game and second serve and also her consistency should be improved.
She has had two good runs at Russian challengers (one $50K, one $75K) over the past year and...that's about it.
Old Jul 14th, 2009, 04:42 PM   #14
country flag *Jean*

*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute

Anna All these loses are devastating, she really should try to pick up some confidence in a few ITF's, she's really struggling right now.
TT WTA Titles Singles '09 Fes '10 Strasbourg '11 Palermo, US Open, Linz, Phoenix '13 Alphen Aan Den Rijn Doubles '07 Fes, Forest Hills, Luxembourg '08 Amelia Island, Rome '09 Barcelona, Tashkent, Prerov '10 Memphis, Moscow '11 Australian Open, Bastad, Phoenix '12 Paris '13 Sydney, Taipei, Merida '14 Andrezieux-Boutheon, Pelham
Finals Singles '08 Sydney, New Haven '09 Monterrey '10 Wimbledon, Rio de Janeiro '11 Nantes Doubles '08 Sydney, Miami, Moscow '09 Estoril, Nottingham, Bratislava '10 Eastbourne, Stanford, US Open, Minsk, Antalya '12 Montreal '13 Pelham, Waterloo, Alphen Aan Den Rijn, Bertioga '14 Wimbledon
*Jean* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2009, 04:55 PM   #15
country flag Ciarán

Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute

Petra

Paszek & Chakvetadze & Vaidisova & Sharapova & Pavlyuchenkova & Vekic.
Ciarán is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote