Monica injured again? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 04:47 AM   #1
mishar

mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of
Monica injured again?

Aquela parada no segundo set tirou um pouco meu momento no jogo", desculpou-se Seles. "Aí ela entrou em ritmo e fez um bom segundo set". A norte-americana ainda sente uma leve contusão, mas diz não estar preocupada: "É uma pequena dor, que surgiu no US Open provavelmente pelo excesso de jogos que fiz na quadra sintética, mas que terei tempo de tratar após este torneio".

I don't speak Portugese, maybe someone else can translate it properly, here's what I understand (it could be wrong):

"That break (Nagyova's injury time-out) in the second set took me a little out of my game," said Seles "Then she found her rhythym and it was a good second set." The NorthAmerican also felt a light injury, but said she is not worried. "It was a little pain, that surged in the US Open, probably from too many matches on hard court, but which I will have time to treat after this tournament."

Watch the foot Monica and go home after this tourney to get better!
mishar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 05:59 AM   #2
anshu19

anshu19 is an unknown quantity at this point anshu19 is an unknown quantity at this point anshu19 is an unknown quantity at this point anshu19 is an unknown quantity at this point anshu19 is an unknown quantity at this point anshu19 is an unknown quantity at this point anshu19 is an unknown quantity at this point anshu19 is an unknown quantity at this point anshu19 is an unknown quantity at this point anshu19 is an unknown quantity at this point anshu19 is an unknown quantity at this point
i think it was nagyova who took medical time out as she coudnt see the ball properly as something was bothering her contacs...monica was fine...hope she isnt flirting with her health again and risking getting injured...rumors tht she has asked for a wildcard into TOYOTA PRINCESS CUP....! maybe she knows best!
anshu19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2002, 05:50 PM   #3
country flag earthcrystal

earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future
I TOLD you all during the USO...

Esther told me (after the Cho match) that Monica's foot is "still not so good". She's been playing with this "light injury" for awhile now, tho this is the 1st time I've heard her admit it.
earthcrystal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2002, 07:09 PM   #4
country flag Jarrett
Don't mess with Texas!

Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of
Sounds like Monica won't be playing Tokyo! YaY! Rest and heal Monica!
"Gee, Quinn... I hope that little foray of yours into Geekland just now is the result of heat exhaustion, and not an unpleasant side effect of all that tutoring. I mean, you're not turning into a brain, are you?" -- Sandi

Jarrett is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2002, 09:05 PM   #5
mishar

mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of
Yes EC -- Esther tells the truth, I'm sure Monica didn't want to say anything at the Open because it sounds like making excuses for her play. I have a feeling this foot injury is going to be around for as long as she keeps playing -- might be just a matter of how much pain she can tolerate. Hopefuly it won't keep her out of Zurich, or at least not out of LA!
mishar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2002, 10:12 PM   #6
oggie

oggie is an unknown quantity at this point oggie is an unknown quantity at this point oggie is an unknown quantity at this point oggie is an unknown quantity at this point oggie is an unknown quantity at this point oggie is an unknown quantity at this point oggie is an unknown quantity at this point oggie is an unknown quantity at this point oggie is an unknown quantity at this point oggie is an unknown quantity at this point
I think that she should have a foot surgery. She has had this problem for a long time, and I'm sure that it has taken at least a year of her tennis career.
oggie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2002, 10:29 PM   #7
Dawn Marie

Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute
If Monica's foot is indeed painful then she needs to stop playing and wait until her foot is healed. I think her foot can be healed 100%, it's just that Monica loves tennis so much, and she has this tendency to play injured. Also credit to Eleni cause she has a scary game that can cause havoc on a power babe.

Monica stop playing until that foot in 100%.
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. "Cree Native American Prophecy"
Dawn Marie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2002, 10:31 PM   #8
King Lindsay

King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point
Why should she have foot surgery if she doesn't need foot surgery? Aren't you "Selestials" (where have I heard that before?) jumping the gun on this injury thing?
King Lindsay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2002, 10:51 PM   #9

earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future
Not that the above ^ even merits a response , but...

No one is jumping on anything. Injury thing? Do you know what a fact is? Can you read? Well, try to pay attention. The fact of the matter is that I was told face to face, one on one, by Monica's mother that her foot is "still not so good". Period. End of debate.
Old Sep 13th, 2002, 10:59 PM   #10
King Lindsay

King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh, you talked to Monica's mother? Really? How is she doing?

But let me ask you. How bad can her foot be if she's still playing on it? Monica always shuts it down when she has to. I don't think she has a crippling injury if she's flying to Brazil to play a meaningless Tier III tournament. Maybe her foot is "still not so good", but does that mean it needs surgery? Perhaps, but since WE DON'T KNOW THAT, IT'S JUMPING THE GUN TO SUGGEST THAT SHE SHOULD HAVE FOOT SURGERY! Do you understand that? Can you read?

Oh, and what Final Fantasy game did you pick that name out from, HB?

Old Sep 14th, 2002, 01:53 AM   #11

Get some glasses, idiot. I didn't respond to the surgery discussion, I responded to " this injury thing" as you so eloquently described it.

LMAO...at your pathetic attempts to undermine my post. Too bad you're such a newbie that you haven't a clue. Yes, I talked to Esther, she's doing fine, thanks very much.

Haven't a clue as to what HB means, but if you're referring to the username I've had for several years...I made it up, I preferred it to being just another *ahem* "tennisfan".

*ec slaps her forehead, having just remembered that there's a lovely ignore feature on these boards*
Old Sep 14th, 2002, 01:58 AM   #12
country flag ~RedRose~

~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by earthcrystal
Get some glasses, idiot. I didn't respond to the surgery discussion, I responded to " this injury thing" as you so eloquently described it.

LMAO...at your pathetic attempts to undermine my post. Too bad you're such a newbie that you haven't a clue. Yes, I talked to Esther, she's doing fine, thanks very much.

Haven't a clue as to what HB means, but if you're referring to the username I've had for several years...I made it up, I preferred it to being just another *ahem* "tennisfan".

*ec slaps her forehead, having just remembered that there's a lovely ignore feature on these boards*
Dont be so mean earth crystal ... He already has 37 posts!!
~RedRose~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2002, 02:01 AM   #13
King Lindsay

Oh right, "Earthcrystal" is such an innovative, mysterious name. Good thing you didn't take the generic road like I did.

So when did you talk to Esther? Do you guys have coffee with the Pope and Jim Morrison? Do you hang out a lot? You moron.

Well, since I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE SURGERY DISCUSSION, maybe you should've been too. LMAO at your pathetic attempts to pick apart my post. Get some glasses, idiot!

/TF333 slaps his forehead, remembering that arguing with a Seles fan is like arguing with a brick wall, except that the brick wall has more intelligent things to say as well as a better grip on reality.
Old Sep 14th, 2002, 02:03 AM   #14
King Lindsay

Hey Yoshi. I've been on the Internet discussing tennis in messages boards like these for years. I'm not a newbie at all. That I only have 37 posts in this forum just shows how much i think of the quality of discussion that takes place here.
Old Sep 14th, 2002, 05:48 AM   #15

tennisfan666-- can't you do any better than that? Parroting me? How terribly original.

You're calling me a moron? Let me catch my breath...Oh, that's rich! Especially in light of what an ass you're making of yourself with your less-than-veiled insinuations.

I hate to be the one to tell you, but Jim Morrison is dead. And I've no desire to have coffee with the pope. But here's a ticket for a clue bus...I've known Monica for 5 years & was introduced to Esther a couple of years ago. I ran into her on the grounds of the USO. We chatted for a couple of minutes, which is when I asked her how Monica's foot was. I know, it's hard for some little pimply-faced nobody like you to imagine, but some of us actually know these people.

How sweet of you re: the innovative, mysterious comment...I always thought it was pretty simple. As an environmentalist, I care about the earth, and my name is Crystal. But then, simple things confound simple minds.

Btw, if this is an example of your idea of "quality" contributions... feel free to go back to the message boards you've "visited for years". Trust me, you won't be missed here.