Marions' US Summer Hardcourt Season. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 13th, 2009, 04:07 PM   #1
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute
Marions' US Summer Hardcourt Season.

Marion Time to move on from that WImbledon disaster and play amazing now again. It seems shes planning on playing an amazing 7 weeks ina row, playing at Stanford, LA, Cinncinati, Toronto and New Haven, then the US Open. The way shes playing this year im hoping she could pull off maybe 15 wins over this 7 weeks period at least, since its traditionally Marions best few weeks on tour. And seeing how well shes done for traditionally her weakest part of the year (Aus, Middle East and clay), im relatively confident of a good haul here. She has big points to defend now, 380 at Stanford, 390 at Montreal, 140 at New Haven and 280 at the US Open. But even if she doesnt do so well as she did last year in Stanford and Toronto, im very hopeful her lack of points from Cinci and LA will help her keep her ranking in the top 15. Following the US Open she has avery little to defend and a place at YEC in Dubai or Bali beckon. Stanford is a much harder field then last year but she'll be seeded 7 or 8 so with a good draw could well make the semis or final again. Looking forward to watching her play a lot now! As long as she doesnt tire herself out too much, but she'll know best herself.

Allez Marion!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 14th, 2009, 08:19 PM   #2
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marions' US Summer Hardcourt Season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergoli View Post
Marion Time to move on from that WImbledon disaster and play amazing now again. It seems shes planning on playing an amazing 7 weeks ina row, playing at Stanford, LA, Cinncinati, Toronto and New Haven, then the US Open. The way shes playing this year im hoping she could pull off maybe 15 wins over this 7 weeks period at least, since its traditionally Marions best few weeks on tour. And seeing how well shes done for traditionally her weakest part of the year (Aus, Middle East and clay), im relatively confident of a good haul here. She has big points to defend now, 380 at Stanford, 390 at Montreal, 140 at New Haven and 280 at the US Open. But even if she doesnt do so well as she did last year in Stanford and Toronto, im very hopeful her lack of points from Cinci and LA will help her keep her ranking in the top 15. Following the US Open she has avery little to defend and a place at YEC in Dubai or Bali beckon. Stanford is a much harder field then last year but she'll be seeded 7 or 8 so with a good draw could well make the semis or final again. Looking forward to watching her play a lot now! As long as she doesnt tire herself out too much, but she'll know best herself.

Allez Marion!
Omg Marion
Hopefully she'll withdraw from a few, preferably LA and New Haven. She doesn't want to burn out before the US open.

Btw, she definitely has a place at Bali. I'd prefer a qualification at the elite YEC though. It's not out of her reach

Zvonareva Kleybanova Keothavong MJMS

Niculescu Lisicki Razzano Zakapalova Errani

Baltacha Robson Watson Gent Konta and the rest of the Brits
Marionated is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2009, 11:38 PM   #3
country flag Joee

Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of

A YEC appearance would be lovely.

Serena Williams / Venus Williams / Petra Kvitova / Jelena Jankovic / Francesca Schiavone / Sabine Lisicki / Agneiszka Radwanska /

Joee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2009, 03:20 AM   #4
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

I'd enjoy Marion winning one of those titles
Old Jul 15th, 2009, 04:42 PM   #5
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, confirmed for Stanford, L.A., Cincy, Toronto and New Haven. New Haven isnt a particularly strong field so she might have a chance there, Wozniacki, Cibulkova, Mauresmo and Radwanska the other big names there.
Old Jul 15th, 2009, 07:27 PM   #6
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

She won't play New haven to win the tournament though, Fergoli. She'll want to play one or two more matches before the big one. I'd bet any amount of money she tanked the second set to Wozniacki last year.

Old Jul 17th, 2009, 12:21 PM   #7
country flag BartoliBabes

BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future

this is a great time of year for her and i still believe her best surface is hard courts
Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 09:05 AM   #8
country flag Alexj

Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of

]Omg Marion
Hopefully she'll withdraw from a few, preferably LA and New Haven. She doesn't want to burn out before the US open.

Btw, she definitely has a place at Bali. I'd prefer a qualification at the elite YEC though. It's not out of her reach [/quote]

Hopefully not LA cause i will be there
Alexj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 03:11 PM   #9
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

Marion is coming back in the business : http://www.welovetennis.fr/wta/13659...ur-a-standford

French journalist made a mistake in writing Stanford.
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 03:51 PM   #10
country flag Marionated

I hope you will be able to see her, Alex. It's been so annoying having to wait so long to follow her results. Stanford started in the middle of July last year, so I think her finalist points will have already been removed from her ranking

Old Jul 24th, 2009, 12:26 AM   #11
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

I think that's how it works, like the points go off according to when you got them the year before not when the tournament is played this year?

either way I can't wait for Marion to play!
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 06:44 PM   #12
country flag BartoliBabes

BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future

marion at #15 and has a lot of points to defend this summer hardcourt season
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 09:34 PM   #13
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

STANFORD
Difficult to have a better draw :
R1 : S. Peng
R2 : Q or college US player H. Barte
Q : JJ or S. Lisiki

JANKOVIC, Jelena SRB vs QUALIFIER
QUALIFIER vs LISICKI, Sabine GER
BARTE, Hilary USA vs QUALIFIER
PENG, Shuai CHN vs BARTOLI, Marion FRA
Old Jul 25th, 2009, 12:18 AM   #14
country flag Marionated

If she loses before the QF,

Old Jul 27th, 2009, 10:51 AM   #15
country flag Lighter

JANKOVIC, Jelena SRB vs QUALIFIER
QUALIFIER vs LISICKI, Sabine GER
BARTE, Hilary USA vs QUALIFIER
MORITA, Ayumi JPN vs BARTOLI, Marion FRA

Ayumi Morita replaces Shuaď Peng.

H2H : Marion 2-0