Bastad QF: Caroline Wozniacki def. Maria Kirilenko 75 76(4) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 9th, 2009, 01:59 PM   #1
country flag Uranus

Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute
Bastad QF: Caroline Wozniacki def. Maria Kirilenko 75 76(4)

Congrats Caro!

Maria put up a good fight .
Uranus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 9th, 2009, 02:00 PM   #2
country flag jo„o.
;

jo„o. has a reputation beyond repute jo„o. has a reputation beyond repute jo„o. has a reputation beyond repute jo„o. has a reputation beyond repute jo„o. has a reputation beyond repute jo„o. has a reputation beyond repute jo„o. has a reputation beyond repute jo„o. has a reputation beyond repute jo„o. has a reputation beyond repute jo„o. has a reputation beyond repute jo„o. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bastad QF: Caroline Wozniacki def. Maria Kirilenko 75 76(4)

Maria You could've actually won this.
At least she's obviously improving imo. QF is already good I guess.

Wozniacki
jo„o. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 02:00 PM   #3
country flag allrounder

allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future

Maria played a lot better than their meeting at Wimbledon, but her game still lacks the power to trouble any of the top players. Everytime she was given half a chance she'd just choke it away with some poor unforced errors, like serving for the set in the 2nd set at 5-4 i just knew she wouldn't be able to hold. Against Wozniacki you need to be take the game to her and be aggressive but Maria's lack of power causes her to be unable to open up the court most of the time against a decent defender.

~The Official Anger Management Counsellor of Vikaland~
allrounder is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 02:00 PM   #4
heart

heart has a reputation beyond repute heart has a reputation beyond repute heart has a reputation beyond repute heart has a reputation beyond repute heart has a reputation beyond repute heart has a reputation beyond repute heart has a reputation beyond repute heart has a reputation beyond repute heart has a reputation beyond repute heart has a reputation beyond repute heart has a reputation beyond repute

maria..great fight
heart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 02:01 PM   #5
country flag AndreConrad

AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Caroline
Maria ... don't give up; it was good fight, you are doing well!
Bally, Rest In Peace!
AndreConrad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 02:01 PM   #6
country flag CloudAtlas
Lamenting the days of peak SEWTA

CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute

WD to Caro for making the semis but she played even worse than last time. Good effort by Kirilenko though , definetely pushed her.
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 02:01 PM   #7
country flag Josť Morgado

Josť Morgado is a splendid one to behold Josť Morgado is a splendid one to behold Josť Morgado is a splendid one to behold Josť Morgado is a splendid one to behold Josť Morgado is a splendid one to behold Josť Morgado is a splendid one to behold Josť Morgado is a splendid one to behold Josť Morgado is a splendid one to behold Josť Morgado is a splendid one to behold Josť Morgado is a splendid one to behold Josť Morgado is a splendid one to behold

Maria played well

She is back to good form.
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 02:01 PM   #8
country flag Stevecw

Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future

Good fight, but she choked big time when serving for 2nd set at 5-3

Good to see Maria playing better, but she really should have brought that match to a 3rd set.
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 02:01 PM   #9
country flag Nikkiri

Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute

Maria if only she weren't such a mental midget. She did well. Could have easily won the first set and then of course the 2nd set too.

Well done Caroline.
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 02:01 PM   #10
country flag only_one_maria

only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrounder View Post
Maria played a lot better than their meeting at Wimbledon, but her game still lacks the power to trouble any of the top players. Everytime she was given half a chance she'd just choke it away with some poor unforced errors, like serving for the set in the 2nd set at 5-4 i just knew she wouldn't be able to hold. Against Wozniacki you need to be take the game to her and be aggressive but Maria's lack of power causes her to be unable to open up the court most of the time against a decent defender.

Maria was the better player in the 2nd set before that inexplicable choke serving at 5-3. Two easy shots into the net and a d/f saw her broken to 15. If she can't take those sorts of chances against a top player, there's no much she can do.

Goonies never say die!
only_one_maria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 02:01 PM   #11
Effy
God gave us Rock'n'Roll

Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute

Masha she needed this win nice fight though.
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 02:02 PM   #12
country flag VIKA?

VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute

Maria should have won this but great match

Wozniacki honey, learn how to play tennis please
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 02:02 PM   #13
country flag Natash.
:(

Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute

Maria could have won this in straights but whatever. Played some nice points and some careless ones at times.

Nice job, Caro.
Natash. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 02:02 PM   #14
InsideOut.

InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute

Kiri Could have won both sets
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 02:03 PM   #15
country flag Mikey.
Set me free, leave me be.

Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute

Kiri
Mikey. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote