Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 3 - Page 99 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2010, 09:57 PM   #1471
country flag stangtennis

stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 3

Yes getting a trial in a Premier League club can open doors to other clubs too. They think if a player is good enough to get a trial in a Premier League club he can't be too bad. Clubs use each other as scouts this way.

I just read that Portsmouth has asked the Premier League if they can sell some of their players outside the transfer window now, in a bid to pay the club's bills. If they sell some high paid players they will probably need to get some cheap players in as replacement. This is probably Patrik's chance to land a contract and it doesn't seem there will be any trasfer fee for him. http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/ne...stars-now.html
stangtennis is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 20th, 2010, 10:39 PM   #1472
country flag Mary Cherry.

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangtennis View Post
Yes getting a trial in a Premier League club can open doors to other clubs too. They think if a player is good enough to get a trial in a Premier League club he can't be too bad. Clubs use each other as scouts this way.

I just read that Portsmouth has asked the Premier League if they can sell some of their players outside the transfer window now, in a bid to pay the club's bills. If they sell some high paid players they will probably need to get some cheap players in as replacement. This is probably Patrik's chance to land a contract and it doesn't seem there will be any trasfer fee for him. http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/ne...stars-now.html
I read in a paper today that they had that appeal turned down because it wouldn't be fair on other teams in similar situations to them.

Still, a trial can only be a good thing as, like you said, it opens up many other doors.
Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2010, 04:33 AM   #1473
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know much about European football but I will say this: Her brother is CUTE!!!

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2010, 09:49 AM   #1474
country flag Lord Choc Ice
Hot Messes Need Love

Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
Don't know much about European football but I will say this: Her brother is CUTE!!!
Seconded. Their matching smiles in the bottom-left picture - too cute.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Lord Choc Ice is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2010, 11:54 AM   #1475
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of

Critics makes headlines today in danish papers. Here are the quotes.

-------------------------------------------------------

Peter Bastiansen:
- Fact is that Caroline this year have not yet lived up to her seeding. Both in Sydney, Melbourne and Dubai, she has lost to lower ranked players. And when you watch her in battle, the hunger in her eyes, seen as late as the season final (Sony Ericsson Championships, ed.) Autumn, is gone. One is tempted almost to say that after she loses three points in a row, she rather throw racket in frustration than start fighting.

I would like if Caroline Wozniacki would start to focus even more on her tennis game than it has been so far this season.

- At the technical level, she still lacks much of being fully educated. Serve and forehand has to become better. Should I give good advice, I think she should cut some of the things around tennis away, which she says yes. Tennis is her livelihood. Therefore, there is no reason to say yes every time she is invited to a reception or photo shoot, says Peter Bastiansen who does not hide the fact that perhaps it is time for Caroline Wozniacki to change her father as a solid travel companion with a tennis coach .

- I've said it before. Her father has been invaluable in efforts to become one of the world's best players. But if she wants to continue develop her game, it is necessary that she retrieves new inspiration from the outside, "says Peter Bastiansen.

Michael Tauson:
- Now it has become everyday life for Caroline. Last year she was the hunter. Now she is the hunted. On the psychological level she must get used to the new situation. Whether she in March and April can win as many world ranking points (1100, ed.) Like last year, I dare not comment on. But there is no doubt that this season compared to last year, is much harder. Weeks, where she scored lots of bonus points to the world ranking, is gone, says Michael Tauson, which in turn does not believe the fuss of last month's release of the Wozniacki-critical book "Miss Sunshine", has affected her negatively. - It is hardly probable. The kind of writings, she has always tackled professionally, "says Michael Tauson.

It has not been possible to get a comment from Caroline Wozniacki, who will be at home in Monaco and in Las Vegas the few weeks.

http://www.sporten.dk/node/1191724

Arne Nielsson (one of Denmark`s leading sports physiologists) : From TV2-sports news interview.

Arne Nielsson was in Dubai watching caro`s matches, he says the fast exit could be the fear of losing is higher than the urge to win. He says he couldn't see if that was the case with her, but fear of losing must never be higher. He says the top seeding might have shocked her a bit.

http://sporten.tv2.dk/video/index.ph...-28709897.html
-----------------------------------------------------------

Another time for Caro damage control I guess. You play too many tournaments Caro....yeah but I will retire early...so it don`t matter...Your dad is bad for you (book), he does not have right tennis education....yeah...but he will step down when we find the right coach....
Carofan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 21st, 2010, 01:57 PM   #1476
country flag stangtennis

stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carofan View Post
Arne Nielsson (one of Denmark`s leading sports physiologists)
And former 10 times World Champion in canoeing + Olympic silver medalist + 74 times Danish Champion:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arne_Nielsson
http://foqus-management.dk
He was much smaller than the ones he was competing against, which is a disadvantaqge in canoeing. Not many tipped him a chance of winning anything, but he still manged to win a lot of World Championships, probably because of his mental strenght and training.

He's just out promoting his next book that is coming out soon and just spoke in general terms of what might go wrong mentally when you go from winning to loosing, it wasn't something really specific to Wozniacki, as I don't think he has ever worked with her. He has already wrote a number of books about mental training etc.

Last edited by stangtennis : Feb 21st, 2010 at 02:09 PM.
Old Feb 21st, 2010, 07:21 PM   #1477
country flag FormerlyKnownAs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future

I think that these "experts" are asked by the press for a comment, to create "good" advice eye catching articles.

The experts reply because they get there names in the press, and there by sell books etc.

Bandwaggoning by pr0xy ?

To be honest, when Caroline is so happy for the status quo ( or so she says) it might not go well if she actually got a new coach.
FormerlyKnownAs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 01:45 AM   #1478
country flag stangtennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangtennis View Post
Yes Caro will play the Fed Cup in Portugal.
But unfortunately 23-year old Hanne Skak Jensen withdrew from the team yesterday for personal reasons. She was most likely going to play 2nd singles and doubles.
Denmark's second best female tennis player Hanne Skak Jensen has now decided to end her career with immediate effect because she is unhappy with the lack of support from the Danish Tennis Federation who has had to cut down on their budget because of less funds from Team Denmark. Because of this the federation have lost their senior national team coach and their sports director within the last few months. I guess this was the personal reason behind why she said no to play at the recent Fed Cup in Portugal.

TV interview with Hanne Skak Jensen: http://sporten.tv2.dk/video/index.ph...-28728136.html

Last edited by stangtennis : Feb 22nd, 2010 at 02:11 AM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 05:25 AM   #1479
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of

Not everyone have critics who can make national top sports headlines or even make the front page of a paper. Sponsors pay Caro good money because a lot of people actually care about her.

Look around. Only the biggest in sports have headline critics. The national football team, its coach, national handball teams when at tournaments, the biggest clubs in danish football including their coaches and directors. Caroline was invited to TV-Shows in December, she received awards for her achievements. She is a massive part of the danish sport scene.

So, if these critics seem unfair down there in Monaco when your ranked 3-4 in the world, its because her achievements means something to a lot of people. That is positive. Caro is a national treasure.

Last edited by Carofan : Feb 23rd, 2010 at 05:46 AM.
Carofan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 07:50 AM   #1480
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future

Caroline Wozniacki National Treasure

That would make a good sig.

"So, if these critics seem unfair down there in Monaco when your ranked 3-4 in the world, its because her achievements means something to a lot of people. That is positive. Caro is a national treasure."

If it looks like, or you tell yourself they are criticizing purely too make headlines or sell books etc, it would be easy too think them unfair, unjustified and untrue.
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 01:39 PM   #1481
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

So will Caro be going to that Addidas training camp in Las Vegas again this year? She seemed to like it a lot last year.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 26th, 2010, 05:08 PM   #1482
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carofan View Post
Now she has time to finish her music CD..... And that means........another photo session.... yay!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
So will Caro be going to that Addidas training camp in Las Vegas again this year? She seemed to like it a lot last year.
I have posted Caroline's 2 latest blogs from the official and from TV2 on the Articles And Interviews thread.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...1#post17356207

They content seems to have changed from her usual.

The one is mostly about Shahar Peers security and Rolex, while the other is mostly about her social life, Azarenka, Stella/Paul McCartney, photo shoots (go Carofan) and not much about her matches or training.
No mention of Addidas training camp Protoss.

Whether she is bored with her day job, fedup with her results/form, enjoying the celeb thing too much or just playing it close to the chest, who can tell.

But using her time cruiseing twitter too tell Ronaldo whether he should use the ferrari or the lambrogini, seems abit partygirl like.

Last edited by FormerlyKnownAs : Feb 26th, 2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old Feb 26th, 2010, 07:12 PM   #1483
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerlyKnownAs View Post
I have posted Caroline's 2 latest blogs from the official and from TV2 on the Articles And Interviews thread.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...1#post17356207

They content seems to have changed from her usual.

The one is mostly about Shahar Peers security and Rolex, while the other is mostly about her social life, Azarenka, Stella/Paul McCartney, photo shoots (go Carofan) and not much about her matches or training.
No mention of Addidas training camp Protoss.

Whether she is bored with her day job, fedup with her results/form, enjoying the celeb thing too much or just playing it close to the chest, who can tell.

But using her time cruiseing twitter too tell Ronaldo whether he should use the ferrari or the lambrogini, seems abit partygirl like.

Thanks for posting the blogs.

Caro seems pretty unfocused on tennis.

Caro said that the loss to Peer would motivate her even more...that's what she said after losing to Li at the Australian Open and that didn't amount to crap in terms of play/results.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 27th, 2010, 10:44 AM   #1484
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Carofan's Latest Sig and comments http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...=347308&page=8
Quote:
Supporter Of The Unofficial Singstar Champion And Photo Shoot Addict
Caro "I Got A Pose, Quickly Find A Cam" Wozniacki

At day Tennis Star - At Night Grammy Award Winning Singer And Supermodel
Catch Caro`s New Smash Hit Single.. "They tried to make me go to photo shoot rehab but I said 'no, no, no."
Very very funny, but it has for me a real comment about Caroline's apparent addiction to this new Celeb thing.
Lets hope she has not lost complete focus, because where her game is right now she can only go down.

Quote:
Anyway, Dubai did not go the way I not-so-secretly wished it would
I think she needs to do her best match for match and see where that gets her, and try to not even think about #1, slams wins etc.

Enough I will try to look forward to Indian Wells positively. I will try to look forward to Indian Wells positively. I will try to look forward to Indian Wells positively.

On the other hand I am happy its not me who is having to cope with what Caroline is trying to cope with.

Last edited by FormerlyKnownAs : Feb 27th, 2010 at 10:52 AM.
Old Feb 27th, 2010, 12:14 PM   #1485
country flag stangtennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerlyKnownAs View Post
That C. Ronaldo twitter account Caro responded to looks so fake.
Closed Thread