Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 3 - Page 98 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 17th, 2010, 01:07 PM   #1456
country flag Jean-Henri

Jean-Henri has disabled reputation
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 3

Embarrassing.
Top seed, and a good draw as well, and now this ...
Advertisement

Old Feb 18th, 2010, 05:01 AM   #1457
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of

Injuries, Luxembourg whatever, the fact... she is 9-9 after US Open.

Her game has lost the high consistency from first to last point, now she disappears for several games in a match, something she rarely did before is now pretty much every match. She has gained little confidence on court lately, I want to see her motivation back, that she wants to play tennis.

After all the talk in December about starting a family and retire early over and over, I asked myself if she wanted to play tennis or not. Right now it doesn't look like she is 100% focused and committed. The next tournaments will show where this is heading.

Last edited by Carofan : Feb 18th, 2010 at 05:13 AM.
Carofan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 07:08 AM   #1458
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carofan View Post
After all the talk in December about starting a family and retire early over and over, I asked myself if she wanted to play tennis or not. Right now it doesn't look like she is 100% focused and committed. The next tournaments will show where this is heading.
I love caro, but I must admit that I 'don't get' those comments about retiring early. I had the same feelings about Clijsters. These girls work their asses off ever since they could barely walk to become great tennis players. Than as soon as all that hard work starts to pay off they would like to retire. Sorry Caro, but you can also start a family when you're 32 (or whatever), but you can only make the most of your talent as a tennis player now. If you don't you might regret it later on in your life. So, please keep on playing until you're 30-32 years old. After that you won't ever have to work again if you don't feel like it.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 07:10 AM   #1459
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Her game has lost the high consistency from first to last point, now she disappears for several games in a match, something she rarely did before is now pretty much every match. She has gained little confidence on court lately, I want to see her motivation back, that she wants to play tennis.

To be fair, that record is skewed a good bit by 2 retirements in the 1st round against player she probably would have beaten. Caro also has only has 1 loss after the US Open (excluding the 2 retirements) to a player ranked outside the top 30.

19 is far too young to talk about retirement and starting a family.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 10:09 AM   #1460
country flag Dodoboy.

Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute

I hope she can get out of this slump, it's normal to go through this after your first big year on tour! Stop panicing guys!
Dodoboy. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 02:23 PM   #1461
country flag Bingain

Bingain has much to be proud of Bingain has much to be proud of Bingain has much to be proud of Bingain has much to be proud of Bingain has much to be proud of Bingain has much to be proud of Bingain has much to be proud of Bingain has much to be proud of Bingain has much to be proud of Bingain has much to be proud of Bingain has much to be proud of

Quote:

I also think she's lost her focus and commitment a bit. She is not the most physically gifted player on tour, and so she may have to give a little more than some others to stay where she is at.

Unfortunately, she seems to me that she's immersed in the ecstasy of being a celebrity. Dining with Stella McCartney, given tickets to football match, assigned suite in a hotel... etc

Now that she's been there, I hope she'll focus at her game again. I hope she'll go to Sven Groeneveld's Adidas Vegas training camp to pull them back together.
Bingain is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 02:28 PM   #1462
country flag FormerlyKnownAs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future

Again thanks to Protoss for the Live Scoring.

But, what depressing reading. Again a player she has beaten 3-0, suddenly varies her game in the match and Caroline cannot follow her.
Definitely not the Caroline we are used to.

Not the start too the year I had hoped for.

But I think that I will not climb on Peter Bastiansen on Sporten.dk wagon where again "she needs new inspiration - ergo she needs a new trainer" is the melody.

And try and analyze whats wrong and make myself dizzy in my head.

I will hope that she does not go to far down the ranks, and adjust my expectations.

Lets hope she does better at IW.
FormerlyKnownAs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 03:55 PM   #1463
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army

BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute

she's not handling the pressure well...most young players are accustomed to being the up and comer who could cause an upset but not expected to win...serena went through a slump of sorts between her us open win in 99 and RG win in 02 because of the pressure so i am not worried yet about caro...

what does worry me is HOW she is playing now...wayyyyyy to passive, and she's letting EVERYONE dictate...she may not be a power player but she has the ability to dictate without power...she needs to get from so far behind the baseline and get up on the baseline and dictate...

I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 05:18 PM   #1464
country flag pattty

pattty is a name known to all pattty is a name known to all pattty is a name known to all pattty is a name known to all pattty is a name known to all pattty is a name known to all pattty is a name known to all pattty is a name known to all pattty is a name known to all pattty is a name known to all pattty is a name known to all

Caro, what's up with you? She doen't seem to be a player from some months ago, hope she is gonna do well in IW!

make.belive
pattty is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 05:27 PM   #1465
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of

Now she has time to finish her music CD..... And that means........another photo session.... yay!! lol
Carofan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 10:08 PM   #1466
country flag FormerlyKnownAs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Now she has time to finish her music CD..... And that means........another photo session.... yay!! lol
LOL Your Sig
"Supporter Of The Unofficial Singstar Champion Caro "Britney" Wozniacki

At day tennis star - At night grammy award winning singer"

With her voice, even though her results are not good at the moment, I don't think she should give up her day job just yet.

On the other hand €urovision Song Contest is in Oslo this year, maybe she will have time to enter it, what with all the short tournaments she takes part in.
FormerlyKnownAs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 20th, 2010, 07:53 PM   #1467
country flag stangtennis

stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute

Video interview with Patrik Wozniaki about his upcoming trial in Portsmouth FC: http://www.kanalsport.dk/index.php/tv/clip_id=32807

Caroline talking her brother Patrik Wozniacki (football player) into Premier League?

At Caroline's recent trip to London for her Stella McCartney photoshoot she spoke to Avram Grant, the manager of Premier League club Portsmouth FC.
After this Avram Grant did some research on Caroline's elder brother, the football player Patrik Wozniacki and Avram then called him up yesterday and asked him if he was interested to come on trial in Portsmouth for 1-2 weeks and Patrik has said yes.
Patrik Wozniacki currently only plays for BK Frem in the 2nd best Danish league, so the way to one of the world's very best leagues Premier League seems far. But Portsmouth is currently the lowest placed team in the Premier League.
Not sure how Caroline got to talk to Avram Grant, but Caroline went to watch the Premier League match Arsenal vs. Liverpool at Arsenal's Emirates Stadium, so maybe she met Avram Grant there at the stands or in the VIP lounge?

Patrik Wozniacki: http://www.bkfrem.dk/default.asp?id=19&spillerid=424

The guy on the right with Caro and Patrik in last picture isone of Caroline's best friends Mads Laudrup, the eldest son of Denmark's best foootball player in history, Michael Laudrup who played for the likes of Juventus, FC Barcelona and Real Madrid.
Caroline played tennis with Mads Laudrup in the same club when they were younger and Mads was actually quite good at tennis but chose a football career insted, like his grandfather Finn Laudrup, father Michael Laudrup and uncle Brian Laudrup who all played for the Danish football national team. Mads Laudrup and his younger halfbrother Andreas Laudrup have both played for Danish football youth and junior national teams too as the third generation of the Laudrup football dynasty.

Last edited by stangtennis : Feb 20th, 2010 at 08:24 PM.
stangtennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 20th, 2010, 08:24 PM   #1468
country flag Mary Cherry.

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think he'd be good enough for Portsmouth to be honest Unless he's willing to play for peanuts or, more than likely, for free - Portsmouth are desperate right now.
Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 20th, 2010, 08:37 PM   #1469
country flag stangtennis

stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vavavoom View Post
I don't think he'd be good enough for Portsmouth to be honest Unless he's willing to play for peanuts or, more than likely, for free - Portsmouth are desperate right now.
I also doubt he's good enough for Portsmouth. He doesn't even play in the best league in Denmark and the depth in Denmark isn't that great.
Patrik said in the interview that he is free at the moment and that's maybe why Portsmouth is interested in having him on trial. From what I have read Portsmouthis in big finacial problems at the moment, but if they get relegated from Premier League they will be in much bigger financial problems than they already are, because of much less sponsoship money and TV contracts.
Btw. Patrik is a midfielder/forward. Started out as midfielder in his previous club AB, but was moved from the midfield to the attack. AB didn't want to keep him, so he went to BK Frem which is a worse team than AB.
But interesting he now gets a trial in Portsmouth just because their manager happened to speak to his better known little sister who reccomended him. Getting a job is all about connections and networking, also in sports it seems.

Last edited by stangtennis : Feb 20th, 2010 at 08:42 PM.
stangtennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 20th, 2010, 08:42 PM   #1470
country flag Mary Cherry.

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangtennis View Post
Getting a job is all about connections and networking, also in sports it seems.
Very true. He might fit in well at maybe a League One or League Two side over here - even just a trial at Portsmouth could open many doors for him if he's good enough.
Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread