Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 3 - Page 91 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 27th, 2010, 10:29 PM   #1351
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerlyKnownAs View Post
Disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

We all heard her sing on a meet Caroline Wozniacki video last year or the year before singing to her iPod, it was awful.

Loose focus, bloody hell, how can she even concider this, she is 4-4 in games this year and needs to get it together to stay where she is.

She cannot count on Sharapova, Henin, Clisters, 2xWilliams etc etc will loose all the time.
Well, it's probably not going to be like a professional act recording a new album with lots of work involved. She will probably just have to come to the studio and sing some tunes and the studio musicians and producer will take care of the rest. If it's nothing more than that I'm ok with it - let her have a little fun. If it's supposed to be a serious time consuming project I agree with you.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 27th, 2010, 10:49 PM   #1352
country flag stangtennis

stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

We all heard her sing on a meet Caroline Wozniacki video last year or the year before singing to her iPod, it was awful.
You don't have to be able to sing to record a CD. Half the pop stars today aren't able to sing properly, but any producer can make most horrible singers and muscicians sound good with Auto-Tune or similar software with a phase vocoder to correct pitch in vocal and instrumental performances. It is used to disguise off-key inaccuracies and mistakes, and has allowed singers to perform perfectly tuned vocal tracks without the need of singing in tune. This can also be used in real-time for live performance processing, so the singers can also go out and perform live concets without being able to sing properly. They only get in trouble if they try to sing unplugged, but those who can't sing properly never does.
Looks and personality or fame is more important than the voice when producers pick new pop starts for their next hit. It's easier to correct their voice with computers than their looks in the real world outside photoshop.

Maybe she should seek some musical coaching from the McCartney familiy. As most probably know her sponsor Stella McCarntney is the daughter of former Beatle Sir Paul McCartney.

Actually there's a popular Danish cover band simply named "Tennis".
They always perform their live concerts in full tennis outfits. Maybe she should join their band
http://www.tennisband.dk
http://www.facebook.com/Tennisband

Last edited by stangtennis : Jan 27th, 2010 at 11:18 PM.
stangtennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 28th, 2010, 05:03 AM   #1353
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of

You can listen to what the producer has to work with here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85e0aK36VOw

Hopefully its in English so everyone can have a good laugh like with "Tina Lund`s take a ride" song.
Carofan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 28th, 2010, 05:24 AM   #1354
country flag stangtennis

stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carofan View Post
You can listen to what the producer has to work with here.
He got his work cut out if he has to make this sound respectable. At least Caro was aware that she can't sing and said it in the video.

So I doubt she are actually planning to make a CD. The rumour came from the Danish gossip magazine Her & Nu. Never beleive anything from gossip magaznies. They are full of made up stories and guessing just to sell magaznies.
stangtennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 28th, 2010, 06:31 AM   #1355
country flag FormerlyKnownAs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future

I hope Caroline gets herself sorted out, the lineup for Dubia looks like a mini slam.
Even if Safina withdraws, there are plenty of otheres to beat.

2010 Women's Line Up
Player Name Nat. Rank
Serena Williams USA 1
Dinara Safina RUS 2
Svetlana Kuznetsova RUS 3
Caroline Wozniacki DEN 4
Elena Dementieva RUS 5
Venus Williams USA 6
Victoria Azarenka BLR 7
Jelena Jankovic SRB 8
Vera Zvonareva RUS 9
Agnieszka Radwanska POL 10
Marion Bartoli FRA 11
Samantha Stosur AUS 13
Na Li CHN 15
Yanina Wickmayer BEL 16
Francesca Schiavone ITA 17
Virginie Razzano FRA 17
Nadia Petrova RUS 19
Katarina Srebotnik SLO 20SR
Ana Ivanovic SRB 21
Sabine Lisicki GER 22
Elena Vesnina RUS 23
Daniela Hantuchova SVK 24
Aravane Rezai FRA 25
Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez ESP 26
Anabel Medina Garrigues ESP 27
Dominika Cibulkova SVK 28
Alisa Kleybanova RUS 29
Shahar Peer ISR 30
Kateryna Bondaranko UKR 31
Alona Bondarenko UKR 32
Jie Zheng CHN 35
Melinda Czink HUN 37
Iveta Benesova CZE 38
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova RUS 40
Lucie Safarova CZE 41
Patty Schnyder SUI 42
Vera Dushevina RUS 43
Magdalena Rybarikova SVK 44
Sorana Cirstea ROU 45
Shuai Peng CHN 46
Olga Govortsova BLR 50
Yaroslava Shvedova KAZ 51
Alexandra Dulgheru ROU 52
FormerlyKnownAs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 28th, 2010, 12:34 PM   #1356
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I hope Caroline gets herself sorted out, the lineup for Dubai looks like a mini slam.
Even if Safina withdraws, there are plenty of others to beat.
Well there are 16 seeds so Caro can't play seeds 9-16 until the 3rd round and she can't play seeds 1-8 until the quarters (4th round) which I suppose helps. Caro and the other top 8 seeds have a 1st round bye which I think hurts Caro as I think she needs to play to get herself into a rhythm.

To a certain extent I kind of dislike tournaments like this as you don't get a chance to play your way into the tournament. If you're a seed you can draw a top 20 player in the 1st or 2nd round which can't happen until at least the 3rd round in a slam, the 4th round if you're a top 8 player.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 28th, 2010, 05:26 PM   #1357
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Will there be any sort of live scoring for Fed Cup? Last year we didn't get any scores til after a match was completed which was annoying and nerve wracking.
Old Jan 29th, 2010, 12:44 AM   #1358
country flag Protoss

Apparently Caro is traveling back in time to play in Copenhagen and Eastbourne as her schedule she's playing them on December 31, 1969.
Old Jan 29th, 2010, 05:46 PM   #1359
country flag TLI

TLI is an unknown quantity at this point

Caroline has posted a new blog on TV2.

She is still injured, and will not travel with the team to Portugal for Fed Cup.
Very doubtful if she can play.

Also Hanne Skak Jensen has withdrawn due to personal reasons.

If both are out I very much doubt Denmark can stay in the group.

Let's hope Caroline at least wil be fit enough to come and play a relegation match if that should happen.
TLI is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 30th, 2010, 10:21 AM   #1360
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

So, Serena Williams won AO. I'm not a big fan of SW, but I do admire her fighting spirit and how she never folds in the face of adversity but instead often turns it around and wins. And most of all I wish Caro had more of that quality! Losing to a better opponent is fair, but losing to yourself as Caro pretty much did against Li Na the other day is bad.
Caro's ability to close out a match is also somewhat questionable. Matches like Li Na at Sydney, Zvonareva at Doha and Dementieva at Charleston should all have been clear 2 set victories, but she failed to close out the 2nd set and let her opponent back into the match.
Working with her psyche on these two points, becoming more of a lioness, may be what Caro needs to work with the most to take the next step up in her tennis career.
Old Jan 30th, 2010, 11:12 AM   #1361
country flag Martian Jeza
Crazy Conspiracy Theorist, Politically Incorrect

Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute

What I want from Caroline is to behave like a woman, no more like a little girl on court, if you understand what I mean ! But as Sven and what I saw also she lacks of MATURITY ! Also, sometimes I blame her lack of figthing spirit ! And As I mentioned a couple of times : Finishing the points quicker !

About SW, that's what I put : It still hurts seeing S. Williams winning a GS again as I still strongly dislike her since the rivalry she had with my idol Martina Hingis and hate her game but it hurts less than if it was the wannabe Belgian but Pure Evil winning the whole thing ! Positive Note : wasn't nervous at all as I slept well !

Loads will accept being deceived and being whores of the system : a few others with ethics and values decided to be Free Human beings

BNP Paribas, JP Morgan, Lagardere are criminals : WAKE UP !
Martian Jeza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 30th, 2010, 11:22 AM   #1362
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Most WTA players find it hard to close out matches. Serena is one of the exceptions because she can count on that great serve of hers. In the case of many other players I often get the impression that they prefer to receive when it's 5/4 or 6/5 to their advantage because there's less pressure and they swing that racquet more freely. When a WTA player serves to close out an important and close match she usually makes one or two double faults and either goes for broke on low percentage shots that end up miles behind the baseline or else plays very tentatively and gives the opponent halfcourt balls that are easy to attack.

Caroline Wozniacki

Old Jan 30th, 2010, 11:30 AM   #1363
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian Jeza View Post
What I want from Caroline is to behave like a woman, no more like a little girl on court, if you understand what I mean ! But as Sven and what I saw also she lacks of MATURITY ! Also, sometimes I blame her lack of figthing spirit ! And As I mentioned a couple of times : Finishing the points quicker !

About SW, that's what I put : It still hurts seeing S. Williams winning a GS again as I still strongly dislike her since the rivalry she had with my idol Martina Hingis and hate her game but it hurts less than if it was the wannabe Belgian but Pure Evil winning the whole thing ! Positive Note : wasn't nervous at all as I slept well !
Well, I wanted Justine to win because of the artistry of her game. She's sort of the last of the Mohicans in that regard. The thing that made all the difference in this match was the terrible serving of Henin. Kudos to Serena though. I'm not a fan, but she keeps on delivering the goods year in year out. Gotta respect that.

Caroline Wozniacki

Old Jan 30th, 2010, 03:14 PM   #1364
country flag Protoss

Coming back generally hasn't been a problem for Caro. She had 7 wins last year in which she was either down a set and a break, down a break in the 3rd set, or down a break in both sets.
Old Jan 30th, 2010, 03:18 PM   #1365
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Most WTA players find it hard to close out matches. Serena is one of the exceptions because she can count on that great serve of hers. In the case of many other players I often get the impression that they prefer to receive when it's 5/4 or 6/5 to their advantage because there's less pressure and they swing that racquet more freely. When a WTA player serves to close out an important and close match she usually makes one or two double faults and either goes for broke on low percentage shots that end up miles behind the baseline or else plays very tentatively and gives the opponent halfcourt balls that are easy to attack.
Even having a very good serve still doesn't necessarily prevent choking. Sam Stosur has had a very good serve but really struggled to close out matches over the years though somewhat less last year.

Last edited by Protoss : Jan 31st, 2010 at 04:43 PM.
Closed Thread