Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 3 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 11th, 2009, 09:08 PM   #46
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 3

Happy birthday Caro!!!
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 11th, 2009, 10:01 PM   #47
country flag FormerlyKnownAs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future

Again, pity she lost. But thats life.
It seems the Danish fans sang Danish birthday songs for her when she was out and warm up with Cirstea before the match. Nice one.
She plays next in Los Angeles 3rd August.
The other day Piotr said the 3 weeks would be hard training including the boxing.

Last edited by FormerlyKnownAs : Jul 11th, 2009 at 10:07 PM.
FormerlyKnownAs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 12th, 2009, 09:05 AM   #48
country flag poulao

poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of

Caro seems happy, unconcerned with her game is so-so. Three weeks of 'vacation' can be a long time for a teenager. She does not appear to be in a valley of despair.
poulao is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 12th, 2009, 01:31 PM   #49
country flag FormerlyKnownAs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future
Caroline After The Bastad Final From TV2 Sport

Caroline.......... "They will be spent on physical training and to rediscovering the hunger which is needed to be in top tennis"

A quote from an article/interview I have posted in Aticles and Interviews.

Here http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=16056254
FormerlyKnownAs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 12th, 2009, 04:06 PM   #50
country flag poulao

poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of
Re: Caroline After The Bastad Final From TV2 Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerlyKnownAs View Post
Caroline.......... "They will be spent on physical training and to rediscovering the hunger which is needed to be in top tennis"

Tank you for the article
Old Jul 13th, 2009, 02:46 AM   #51
country flag MsPaula

MsPaula is just really nice MsPaula is just really nice MsPaula is just really nice MsPaula is just really nice MsPaula is just really nice MsPaula is just really nice MsPaula is just really nice MsPaula is just really nice MsPaula is just really nice MsPaula is just really nice MsPaula is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerlyKnownAs View Post

Hi everyone! Does anyone know if Caro will be spending time in Las Vegas at Gil Reyes Adidas camp during her three week hiatus?
MsPaula is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 13th, 2009, 05:18 AM   #52
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Eeep...Caro has now played 29 tournaments in the last 52 weeks.

Caro has played in the final of 38% (11/29) of the tournaments she's played in over the past year. She's made the finals of 64% (7/11) of the international or lower tournaments (the actual international tournaments plus the former tier III and tier IV tournaments and the challenger tournament Odense). She's made the final of 22% (4/18) of the premier or greater tournaments (the actual premier, premier 5, and premier mandatory tournaments plus the former tier II and I tournaments and the grand slams she's played). Caro is 3-3 in "international" tournament finals and 2-2 in "premier" tournament finals.

Despite 5 titles and 4 finals in her "best 16" ranking, Caro is only ranked #9.

Her 16th best result is 200 points which means that at non-mandatory tournaments she isn't defending points at she has to do the following to gain points: win international tournaments, make the final of premier tournaments, and/or make the semis of premier 5 tournaments.

If Caro had made the 4th round at the Australian Open and French Open, she would be ranked #8 right now. If she had made the quarters of the last 4 slams she played, she would be ranked #7 right now, just 20 points from #6.
Old Jul 13th, 2009, 05:32 AM   #53
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPaula View Post

Hi everyone! Does anyone know if Caro will be spending time in Las Vegas at Gil Reyes Adidas camp during her three week hiatus?
I haven't heard anything about that. She's supposed to be doing some boxing as part of her training now though.

If she does go there though, she should be careful about the timing of it. The last time she went, she was sore during Indian Wells with back problems I think. It wouldn't be a good idea to go into Cincinnati and Toronto, 2 premier 5 tournaments, with physical problems which could hurt her results.
Old Jul 13th, 2009, 05:34 AM   #54
country flag Christinawww

Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future

yes Caro has more or less maxed out on points from the none mandatory tournaments. She has a lot more points in these tournaments than many other players. But Caro lacks results in Grand Slams as she only has 4R-3R-3R-4R, and an improvement here is what is needed to go up in rank

Official Defender of Temper Tantrums in Vikaland

Visit http://www.victoriousvika.com for everything on Vika
Christinawww is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 15th, 2009, 09:43 AM   #55
country flag Dinayer
Bazinga! I dont care

Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute

http://carowozniacki.blogspot.com/
you should visit this blog, I really like it
Dinayer is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 15th, 2009, 01:07 PM   #56
country flag veryborednow
Team WTAworld

veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future

Thought you guys might want to see this.

http://community.livejournal.com/ohn...57.html#cutid1

Nice to see Caro getting some mainstream recognition, even if it is in this form....

ETA: If you can't see that page, the original is below and she's number 9.

http://www.complex.com/blogs/2009/07...st-90s-babies/
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 02:54 AM   #57
country flag BrofUJu

BrofUJu is just really nice BrofUJu is just really nice BrofUJu is just really nice BrofUJu is just really nice BrofUJu is just really nice BrofUJu is just really nice BrofUJu is just really nice BrofUJu is just really nice BrofUJu is just really nice BrofUJu is just really nice BrofUJu is just really nice

Thought I might stop in to say hi I'm a huge Caro fan, run a blog about WTA and ATP (below) and also run @CaroUpdates on Twitter. Feel free to tweet me any new Caro news in case I miss it. Pretty good grass run from her, will be great to see her during the USO series (including in Toronto, where I'll be at!) and really hoping she can make a deep run in one of these tourneys! Hopefully win one!
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 03:07 PM   #58
country flag Protoss

Since there's not much going on right now, I thought I'd throw this question out here to get a little bit of discussion going on in here: what are the best matches Caro has played in terms of the quality of her tennis?

Last edited by Protoss : Jul 17th, 2009 at 03:12 PM.
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 09:46 PM   #59
country flag BrofUJu

BrofUJu is just really nice BrofUJu is just really nice BrofUJu is just really nice BrofUJu is just really nice BrofUJu is just really nice BrofUJu is just really nice BrofUJu is just really nice BrofUJu is just really nice BrofUJu is just really nice BrofUJu is just really nice BrofUJu is just really nice

Couple that come to mind are against Lena and Kuz in Miami. Lena match was really solid, and she lost against Kuz, but both played their hearts out, and it was an incredible match. She played brilliantly against Momes in Madrid, as well.

Also, for those who haven't seen yet, Caro posted a new blog, a summer update from Copenhagen, on her official site today Check it out here
Old Jul 18th, 2009, 10:14 AM   #60
country flag poulao

From yesterday My Summer Update from Copenhagen
Closed Thread