Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 3 - Page 337 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 13th, 2011, 10:41 AM   #5041
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 3

I thought I posted this last night but I don't see it, apologies if I missed it and am repeating myself.

Shouldn't Caroline's single "Oxigent" have been released by now? I thought that back in November I read that it was to be released "in a few weeks."

Or was the whole thing a joke and I am the last person to get it?

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 13th, 2011, 10:47 AM   #5042
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I don't especially care if Caroline gets the number one ranking back but I suspect that if she doesn't do it in the next few weeks that Kim will hold on to it for a good long while. Of course if Caroline wins a slam, particularly the French Open or Wimbledon, that may be enough to send her back to number one and it would eliminate the argument that she doesn't deserve it because she hasn't won a slam.

As far as Caroline's chances for a win at Roland Garros I think she has a decent shot at it. Unlike Wimbledon she will be playing a few clay tournaments leading up to the French Open so she should have ample time to acclimate herself to the surface and there are usually lots of upsets there so she could have a wide open field. Also, she was likely hampered somewhat last year by her ankle injury and she still made it as far as the quarterfinals, assuming she is healthy she should do as well or better this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Not worried about her being #2. She's got less pressure, less "spotlight" on her, and its still well within her grasp. I'd honestly rather her win RG than ever get to #1 again - she's been there, isn't the shortest period of time at #1, so lets go for the first Slam!

Her clay game aint the best, but the field is so open who knows.
Caro has only 2 top 20 wins on red clay, both of them against Flavia.

It may be relatively open but you still need to beat top 20 players to win the French Open. Every semifinalist from 2007 and on would have had to beat at least 2 top 20 players and typically 3 to 4 top 20 players.

Last edited by Protoss : Feb 13th, 2011 at 10:55 AM.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2011, 02:36 PM   #5043
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post

It may be relatively open but you still need to beat top 20 players to win the French Open. Every semifinalist from 2007 and on would have had to beat at least 2 top 20 players and typically 3 to 4 top 20 players.
Eh, I still think she has a chance. She may not have a great record there but this is a new year and anything can happen. Once we see what she does in the leadup clay tournaments we will have a better idea of what we can expect her to do at Roland Garros.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2011, 03:15 PM   #5044
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post

OK but before RG last year she had that injury from Charleston and she had no right to be playing injured like that. Hopefully she won't get injures and we'll see what she does on red clay this year.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2011, 06:14 PM   #5045
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Both Hantuchova and Kvitova won their finals! Neither of them get a 1R bye but I assume they won't have to play until day 2. Caro doesn't play well when jetlagged. Let's see how these two will fare.
Kvitova has already won 2 tournaments in 2011 with a 14-1 score (16-1 incl. Fed Cup). And she'll be ranked 14 next! She's getting serious.

Last edited by C. W. Fields : Feb 13th, 2011 at 06:27 PM.
C. W. Fields is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2011, 06:23 PM   #5046
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Both Hantuchova and Kvitova won their finals! Neither of them get a 1R bye but I assume they won't have to play until day 2. Caro doesn't play well when jetlagged. Let's see how these two will fare.
Your assumption is correct. They're not on the schedule of play for monday. They'll play tuesday as the 2nd round begins on wednesday.
Old Feb 13th, 2011, 06:44 PM   #5047
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Eh, I still think she has a chance. She may not have a great record there but this is a new year and anything can happen. Once we see what she does in the leadup clay tournaments we will have a better idea of what we can expect her to do at Roland Garros.
Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
OK but before RG last year she had that injury from Charleston and she had no right to be playing injured like that. Hopefully she won't get injures and we'll see what she does on red clay this year.
Caro doesn't move as well on red clay as she does on hard court and she struggles to hit through the court. Plus she seems to get tricked/confused a lot easier (see Martinez Sanchez, Schiavone for instance).
Old Feb 13th, 2011, 07:21 PM   #5048
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Caro doesn't play well when jetlagged.
Why on Earth would Caroline be Jet-lagged? The two hour drive from Abu dhabi?
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2011, 08:11 PM   #5049

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Why on Earth would Caroline be Jet-lagged? The two hour drive from Abu dhabi?
I'm not saying Caro is jetlagged for this tournament. I'm saying if she was in Dani's or Petra's shoes she probably wouldn't be playing too well in Dubai, so it'll be interesting to see if they'll do better than Caro would under similar circumstances.
Old Feb 13th, 2011, 08:28 PM   #5050
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not saying Caro is jetlagged for this tournament. I'm saying if she was in Dani's or Petra's shoes she probably wouldn't be playing too well in Dubai, so it'll be interesting to see if they'll do better than Caro would under similar circumstances.
Ahh... Now I get you... It's only a three & four hour time gap though, and only in the wrong direction for Dani.
Climate will be a bigger factor for Petra?
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2011, 08:42 PM   #5051
country flag Protoss

Quote:
If Caro should happen to play either or both of these two she really shouldn't assume that they're all tired out and that she doesn't need to do anything like she did against Schiavone.
Old Feb 14th, 2011, 12:01 AM   #5052
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kvitova has already won 2 tournaments in 2011 with a 14-1 score (16-1 incl. Fed Cup). And she'll be ranked 14 next! She's getting serious.
Two years ago when Mauresmo won Paris - I remember she had to pull out of Dubai because of getting a flight there and would have had to play immediately she got there.

Anyway - I've seen Kvitova a few times this year. She's cleverer and much more thought goes into her play than last year. Last year I thought she was just the ultimate BBB. No thought just tried to hit every single shot as hard as possible. But now she thinks what to do - she's miles better than last year IMO. She can defend too.

Vera managed to beat her at the AO this year and she got taken to the brink in long 3-setters in the earlier rounds at Paris. But ominously just got better in each round.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 14th, 2011, 05:22 AM   #5053
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
Two years ago when Mauresmo won Paris - I remember she had to pull out of Dubai because of getting a flight there and would have had to play immediately she got there.

Anyway - I've seen Kvitova a few times this year. She's cleverer and much more thought goes into her play than last year. Last year I thought she was just the ultimate BBB. No thought just tried to hit every single shot as hard as possible. But now she thinks what to do - she's miles better than last year IMO. She can defend too.

Vera managed to beat her at the AO this year and she got taken to the brink in long 3-setters in the earlier rounds at Paris. But ominously just got better in each round.
Obviously,I'm biased,but I'd also say that P.K. showed remarkable resolve by playing two marathon matches and then,instead of petering out,actually got stronger by dominating BMS and controlling the match vs. Kim....Of course,there's no question that Caro can beat her,but I'd rather have Caro earn the big wins instead of looking for breaks from fatigued opponents....NOT that she does that at all

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 14th, 2011, 05:28 AM   #5054
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of

Next will be... can you only win a slam when your not ranked number one? Can you only win a slam if your not the favorite? Can you only win Wimbledon and why don`t you win on clay? Can you ever win French Open? When? What is wrong with your clay game?

Its never gonna stop. Reporters have 365 days to come up with this stuff. I took 365 seconds.
Carofan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 14th, 2011, 09:38 AM   #5055

Caro is 180 points behind Clijsters. As I recall her 16th best result is 125 points. To become #1 again she'll have to reach SF in Dubai which will earn her 395 points. 395 - (125 + 180) = +90.