Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 3 - Page 329 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 01:28 PM   #4921
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 3

Well it's nice that Caro beat Patty. They always seem to be playing each other in Fed Cup. In 2007 and 2008 she lost to Patty. So now she's put that right.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 02:54 PM   #4922
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
You're using the term 'hypocrisy' quite poorly;hypocrisy would be if I failed to admit how lousy Mexican tennis really was.I only commented on Danish tennis b/c of the Fed Cup draw--plus Caro's involvement....Though,as I said,we at least had a Top-200 ranked player prior to MTS' retirement...and you guys are over 300 points away from THAT!....You're simply not good enough to criticize ANYone...it's like the country with the 2nd-worst literacy rate calling the country ranked dead last 'a bunch of dummies'...considering the source,the criticism lacks any teeth
It's called humour Bruce... Your original post implied that we are obviously good at Ice hockey because we're an ice bound dominion, yet should be better at tennis because we're an Ice bound dominion. The reversal is that Mexico should be good at tennis because its a sunny idol, and poor at Ice Hockey because its a sunny idol.

Arsy versy on so many levels
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 03:15 PM   #4923
country flag stangtennis

stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carofan View Post
The biggest group is age 45-54
Tennis and golf are the the sports for fat old rich guys.
stangtennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 05:24 PM   #4924
country flag FormerlyKnownAs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future

Its good Caroline could beat Schnyder, comfortably.

It will be interesting too see how it goes with Clijsters next week in Paris, if she gets too the final she and as she has no points too defend before March, while Caroline plays first the 14th in Doha, so she will take over the #1 spot.

The next seeds are below so I think there is agood chance she will win it.

2 Kaia KANEPI 17
3 Petra KVITOVA 18
4 Nadia PETROVA 20
5 Andrea PETKOVIC 24
6 Dominika CIBULKOVA 27

So I don't have too worry about that, I do not know if this is agood thing or bad not being #1, as a lot of people make alot of noise about it, but then they make alot of noise about the strangest things.
FormerlyKnownAs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 06:16 PM   #4925
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be fine with Caroline losing the number one ranking, if for no other reason than she will not have to deal with questions about being number one without having won a slam. If she can win a slam as number two, three or whatever that should put her back at number one and then she will no longer be a slamless number one.

Initially I thought that Caroline, Kim and Vera would all be passing the number one ranking between them but I forgot that Kim didn't play much in the early part of last year and she can easily get quite a bit ahead of the other two. If she does well at the French Open she can really get a big lead on Caroline and Vera.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 06:32 PM   #4926
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
It's called humour Bruce... Your original post implied that we are obviously good at Ice hockey because we're an ice bound dominion, yet should be better at tennis because we're an Ice bound dominion. The reversal is that Mexico should be good at tennis because its a sunny idol, and poor at Ice Hockey because its a sunny idol.

Arsy versy on so many levels
First,I wasn't at all angry with you...Second,we ARE horrible at ice hockey,so there's nothing unusual about that at all.Don't know how Armenia could be so abysmal at ice hockey given their status as a former SSR,but we're only good at that sport compared to other paises latinoamericanos where they can't even skate 10 meters without falling down...nor do I think being a sunny nation has ANY bearing on tennis talent whatsoever...can't recall any great Bermudan,Jamaican,or Tahitian tennis aces

As for Caro,I'm not surprised one bit by her victory over Schnyder...whose biological clock appears to be ticking even louder than Elena's.I just hope that Caro doesn't get a hernia from carrying around all that extra weight in Doubles competition

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Fare thee well, Li
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 06:25 AM   #4927
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of

Danish team Captain Michael Mortensen wants Caro to take more responsibility in the doubles matches. Karen had no chance to win that match, but maybe the captain saves last years hero Mai Crage for the crucial match today. Next year fed cup in for example Liechtenstein, with Caro and a bunch of +500 ranked
Carofan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 03:00 PM   #4928
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carofan View Post
Danish team Captain Michael Mortensen wants Caro to take more responsibility in the doubles matches. Karen had no chance to win that match, but maybe the captain saves last years hero Mai Crage for the crucial match today. Next year fed cup in for example Liechtenstein, with Caro and a bunch of +500 ranked
It might sound superficial,but Caro should NEVER lose to a player from a country that you could walk across within one day

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Fare thee well, Li
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 03:04 PM   #4929
country flag jasminefu623

jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of

Quote:
It might sound superficial,but Caro should NEVER lose to a player from a country that you could walk across within one day
caro need to play again tomorrow? she must be tired, two matches every day...and any news about her eyes? would love to know what's happening..

Last edited by jasminefu623 : Feb 4th, 2011 at 03:17 PM.
jasminefu623 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 03:12 PM   #4930
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminefu623 View Post
caro need to play again tomorrow? she most be tired, two matches every day...and any news about her eyes? would love to know what's happening..
This is why I didn't want her to play doubles today. Sigh.

I say let the other Danes play and let Caro rest. Denmark just isn't good enough for zonal group I. If they had another top 150/top 200 player then maybe, but for now no. They would probably be better off at a level at the non-Caro Danes can actually win at.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 03:20 PM   #4931
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminefu623 View Post
caro need to play again tomorrow? she most be tired, two matches every day...and any news about her eyes? would love to know what's happening..
Well,there are no scheduled matches for Denmark listed on the Fed Cup website,so I suppose that the draw with Liechtenstein isn't for a little while...maybe Caro can persuade her fellow Pole Angelique Kerber to emigrate to Denmark....A.K. would get a LOT more opportunities to play than she would on the German team,I think

Fare thee well, Li
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 03:46 PM   #4932
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

has she burnt her Torres shirt yet ?
if not I'll burn it for her.
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 04:30 PM   #4933
country flag stangtennis

stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg View Post
has she burnt her Torres shirt yet ?
if not I'll burn it for her.
I'm sure she hasn't and won't.

She retweeted this message: http://twitter.com/#!/CaroWozniacki
Quote:
@pauldalglish Paul Dalglish
by CaroWozniacki

Disgusted to see Liverpool shirts being burnt. At Liverpool the name on the front is always more important than the name on the back!
31 Jan
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 04:33 PM   #4934
country flag stangtennis

Quote:
maybe Caro can persuade her fellow Pole Angelique Kerber to emigrate to Denmark....A.K. would get a LOT more opportunities to play than she would on the German team,I think
You have to have lived in Denmark for 9 years to get a Danish citizenship and they never make exceptions for anyone but the princeses who has married the two Princes of Denmark. Not even big sport stars.
So Angelique Kerber would have to move to Denmark and live here for 9 years and pass a Danish citizen test. So by the time Angelique Kerber can get a Danish citizenship she will probably have retired.
http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/citiz...h_national.htm
http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/citiz..._satisfied.htm
Quote:
Residence

To be listed in a naturalisation bill you must have a permanent residence permit for Denmark and live in Denmark.

...Moreover, it is a general rule that you must have lived in Denmark for a continuous period of at least 9 years. The residence period is reckoned from the date of your first residence permit.
So the only option is Julia Boserup who has Danish parents. There's different rules for those with Danish parents.

Last edited by stangtennis : Feb 4th, 2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 06:26 PM   #4935
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangtennis View Post
So the only option is Julia Boserup who has Danish parents. There's different rules for those with Danish parents.
The 22 law, and the involuntary retraction of citizenship on taking another, make it a hard, and often impossible choice for young danes abroad. If She plays for USA that must mean she doesn't have a Danish Passport?
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread