Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 3 - Page 239 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2010, 05:45 PM   #3571
country flag FormerlyKnownAs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 3

I caught some of the match and it seemed as if she was hampered by her leg, definitely not the Duracell Bunny today.
It seems it forced her to go for more winners, as she had not the same mobility.
And she won which puts her 525 points ahead of SW, which is great. SW 6855 CW 7380

If she should win tomorrow she will be 825 ahead, as the winner gets 1000 which might mean she will be year ending #1.

Also our girl can do it on 1 leg, which means even though she cries at the time,
she is really not so "weak kneed"
FormerlyKnownAs is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 9th, 2010, 08:14 PM   #3572
country flag Spiritof42

Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see the semifinal, so thanks to the people who provided some insight into the match. Caroline has done well to make it this far, and she can be proud of the way she has handled the pressure this week.

Beating Vera Z. will be tough if Caroline's movement is not at its best. Still, I'm looking forward to this final and hoping for a good match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
I agree. I mean it just came out of nowhere. I can see why for several minutes she would be upset. She was thinking in the heat of the moment and was understandably worried since she didn't know the diagnosis yet.

Why some people don't seem to understand this I have no idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian Jeza View Post
That's quite simple because loads of them are IGNORANTS ! They don't know what they are talking about but yet they give their comments ! When I don't know what the subject is about : I prefer listening and having my mouth shut or asking some questions !
Not so much ignorance as negative prejudice, IMO. It's hard to have a meaningful, healthy discussion with people who can't even be bothered to bring a modicum of intellectual honesty to the debate.
Old Oct 9th, 2010, 08:58 PM   #3573
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritof42 View Post
I didn't see the semifinal, so thanks to the people who provided some insight into the match. Caroline has done well to make it this far, and she can be proud of the way she has handled the pressure this week.

Beating Vera Z. will be tough if Caroline's movement is not at its best. Still, I'm looking forward to this final and hoping for a good match.

Not so much ignorance as negative prejudice, IMO. It's hard to have a meaningful, healthy discussion with people who can't even be bothered to bring a modicum of intellectual honesty to the debate.
Yeah, Caro's movement was below par in both her losses to Zvonareva this year.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 10th, 2010, 06:01 AM   #3574
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting stat...Caro has started off her last 10 matches by serving 1st. The last match she didn't start off by serving 1st was the quarterfinal against Domi at the US Open.

Last edited by Protoss : Oct 10th, 2010 at 06:30 AM.
Old Oct 10th, 2010, 06:03 AM   #3575
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

So, another Caro-Vera match, the two most consistent players in recent monhs. It's a tough match to call. Vera won their last match and leads H2H 3-2, but they're 2-2 on HC and Caro won their only previous final. Vera often underperforms in finals, losing her last 4, while Caro has won her last 5 finals.
They are two of the best movers and defenders on tour, but Vera usually has a little more punch from the baseline. In USO Caro lost primarily for two reasons; she didn't move into position as well as usual which caused an uncharacteristic high number of errors, and unlike Vera she didn't generate pressure on her 1st serve. Caro's sore left knee makes it likely the same problems will arise today. She obviously doesn't change direction as fast as usual. If Vera is smart she'll hit some dropshots as well as hitting behind Caro.
It's absolutely vital both Caro's 1st and 2nd serves are sharp today, but her 2nd serve in particular hasn't been impressive in this tournament. Caro also needs to take more chances than usual on her ROSs. Just putting the ball into play is a recipy for disaster, she needs to put Vera under pressure.
A lot also depends on their mind set and effectiveness. In USO Vera remained calm and served brillantly on almost all critical points. A goal of Caro's must be to frustrate Vera and make her nervous, not impossible in a final. But to do so Caro needs to be more effective on key points than she has been in her last two matches. Against both Shahar and Ana she failed to close out sets while break up and let her opponent back into the match. She mustn't do that today because likely she won't get many second chances.
Old Oct 10th, 2010, 06:43 AM   #3576
country flag Protoss

Do they have a roof in Beijing? I was just checking the scoreboard for Beijing and it said that the men's doubles match was suspended due to rain.
Old Oct 10th, 2010, 07:20 AM   #3577
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Do they have a roof in Beijing? I was just checking the scoreboard for Beijing and it said that the men's doubles match was suspended due to rain.
I guess it stopped raining or they have as the men's doubles final is over.
Old Oct 10th, 2010, 08:11 AM   #3578
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

They do not have any roof. Mens Final are delayed... Danish TV will show mens Final, but now shows other match...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 10th, 2010, 08:24 AM   #3579
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ah, so that must be why the Djokovic match hasn't started yet. I think it's about 4:30 in the afternoon in Beijing so hopefully the rain will stop and Caroline will play her match today. On the other hand it might help her to have an extra day off. Hmm, now I kind of want the match to be suspended until tomorrow.
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 10th, 2010, 08:29 AM   #3580
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
They do not have any roof. Mens Final are delayed... Danish TV will show mens Final, but now shows other match...
Danish tv isn't showing a match of Caro's?
Old Oct 10th, 2010, 08:44 AM   #3581
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Danish TV don't show Caro's matches, all Premier tournaments are shown on Eurosport. But with danish comments...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 10th, 2010, 08:46 AM   #3582
SOA_MC

SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by by a 1000 swords View Post
On the injury. Not wanting to bring negatively into Caro's forum but maybe Caro does need to toughen up in that area a little Caro seems to be one of those people with a overall low threshold for pain
I take back what I posted after watching the semi~final the knee was definitely hampering Caro's movement. obviously there was a little more damage done than first appeared.

The panic reaction explanation is a good one and something I didn't think about when it happen. I come from a background of playing male team sports where the last thing you ever want to get caught doing is crying but for girls it's a little different
SOA_MC is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 10th, 2010, 08:49 AM   #3583
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Danish tv isn't showing a match of Caro's?
Usually it's Eurosport alone which has the WTA rights in Denmark, and not all danes have that channel in their cable package. Sometimes TV2 (one of the channels all danes can receive) buys/transmits one of Caro's matches but it's rare.
Old Oct 10th, 2010, 08:51 AM   #3584
country flag Bingain

Bingain has much to be proud of Bingain has much to be proud of Bingain has much to be proud of Bingain has much to be proud of Bingain has much to be proud of Bingain has much to be proud of Bingain has much to be proud of Bingain has much to be proud of Bingain has much to be proud of Bingain has much to be proud of Bingain has much to be proud of

Obviously it's still raining in Beijing. It also doesn't look good. According to Weather.Com, Beijing will have rain tonight local time.

The facilities were built for 2008 Olympics with all kinds of hi-tech features. Why didn't they build a roof?

ETA: @4:52 pm Beijing/am US East: they just said on ESPN3 that the rain has been settling but play won't be possible before 5:30 pm Beijing time, and that's the men's final.
Bingain is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 10th, 2010, 09:07 AM   #3585
country flag Jean-Henri

Jean-Henri has disabled reputation

Rain delays are good, but strong winds are bad :-)
Jean-Henri is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread