Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 3 - Page 151 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 29th, 2010, 04:44 PM   #2251
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerero loco View Post
please leave the doubles caro
Your prayer was heard Daniela withdrew from the doubles. I hope she's OK. But now Caro can rest for tomorrow's match.
They can't withdrew from doubles if they both are fit and just needs the rest...Caro said she just uses the doubles as training before Singles.

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 29th, 2010, 05:20 PM   #2252
country flag FormerlyKnownAs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
Your prayer was heard Daniela withdrew from the doubles. I hope she's OK. But now Caro can rest for tomorrow's match.
They can't withdrew from doubles if they both are fit and just needs the rest...Caro said she just uses the doubles as training before Singles.
It would have been fun to see the match against the WS, but I am not sad that Caroline got a forced day of rest before Pennetta.

Its funny it wasn't SW who withdrew, she had the doctor on court who checked her out and gave her pills in the middle of her match against Pavlyuchenkova.

Maybe DH and SW tossed a coin and HD lost.

Of course Team Wozniacki would never have withdrawn.
FormerlyKnownAs is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 29th, 2010, 08:01 PM   #2253
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Rezai has become the new Caro in GM in terms of hate!
Unlike Caro, Rezai's earned it.

And count me in as another who's glad she's out of doubles. Girl needs to focus on becoming 3-0 against Pennetta.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 29th, 2010, 08:58 PM   #2254
country flag FormerlyKnownAs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future

Carolines match tommorow

Quote:
Court Suzanne Lenglen 11:00 Start
Women's Singles - Fourth Round Maria Kirilenko(RUS)[30] vs. Francesca Schiavone(ITA)[17]

Women's Singles - Fourth Round Flavia Pennetta(ITA)[14] vs. Caroline Wozniacki(DEN)[3]
Looking looking at who could be playing on Philippe Chatrier at the same time I think I will have to see it on the €urosport Player.

Quote:
Court Philippe Chatrier 11:00 Start
Women's Singles - Fourth Round Elena Dementieva(RUS)[5] vs. Chanelle Scheepers(RSA)

Not Before 12:00
Women's Singles - Third Round Maria Sharapova(RUS)[12] leads Justine Henin(BEL)[22] To Finish 2-6 6-3

Women's Singles - Fourth Round Nadia Petrova(RUS)[19] vs. Venus Williams(USA)[2]

Men's Singles - Fourth Round Roger Federer(SUI)[1] vs. Stanislas Wawrinka(SUI)[20]

Last edited by FormerlyKnownAs : May 29th, 2010 at 09:22 PM.
FormerlyKnownAs is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 29th, 2010, 11:57 PM   #2255
country flag Temperenka
V-I-K-A

Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck tomorrow, Caroline! You can do it! Reach the semis here!
Old May 30th, 2010, 02:06 AM   #2256
country flag fervor

fervor is just really nice fervor is just really nice fervor is just really nice fervor is just really nice fervor is just really nice fervor is just really nice fervor is just really nice fervor is just really nice fervor is just really nice fervor is just really nice fervor is just really nice

BTW, what is with all the Caro hate around these forums?

Is it something personal that she did? She seems like a perfectly fine and personable young lady. She's not the most exciting player by any means, but I can't imagine her play would actually inspire hatred....can it?
fervor is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 30th, 2010, 04:57 AM   #2257
country flag poulao

poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fervor View Post

Is it something personal that she did? She seems like a perfectly fine and personable young lady. She's not the most exciting player by any means, but I can't imagine her play would actually inspire hatred....can it?
As I remember it. It started out with experts opinions about Caro and her potential future as a tennis player. At that stage it was not personal, just popular to have an expert opinion about how mediocre her game was and so she would basicly never ever anything...bla. bla. bla. But it turned out so, that all these experts, were wrong. At that stage it became more personal. I don't realy understand it, but I remember it starting out something like that.
poulao is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 30th, 2010, 05:09 AM   #2258
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fervor View Post

It's the fact that Caro's 'boring' game wins matches and tournaments, gets her a top ranking and sometimes even defeats their own favorite player's more 'interesting' game. If only Caro was ranked 50 and never had any noticeable wins it would reduce the hating by 90%.
Old May 30th, 2010, 07:13 AM   #2259
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Besides the already mentioned factors I also think that envy is causing a lot of the hate. Caro's rise to staredom has been incredibly quick: At the beginning of 2008 she was still only ranked like #60 or so! And her rise from # 10 in the world to # 2 took only 10 months, which is quite rare (although done slightly quicker by Sharapova and Ivanovic, who were 28 and 14 days quicker respectively).

Usually the WTA players progress much more slowly as the come nearer to the top 10. Even players like Venus, Serena, and Kuznetsova needed more than three years to reach the #2 spot in the rankings from the time when they cracked the top 10! And Dementieva only reached her career high ranking (#3) in 2009 - 8 years after she cracked the top 10 in 2001. Mauresmo needed 5 years to progress from #10 to #2, while Safina and Henin needed just over 2 years.

The usual 'slow' progression means that the players have a lot of time to establish themselves in the top of tennis. They gradually work their way to the top by winning bigger and bigger tournaments and producing consistently good results (and thus 'deserving' their place in the top).

Caro, on the other hand, came like out of nowhere! "where did she come from", is what many tennis fans (who have not followed her career closely) seem to think. "What did she do to get there and does she even deserve it?"

I guess the 'Caro haters' only wish, that their faves would have the same success as Caro! Furthermore: Caro is blonde, young, good looking, sweet, friendly, well liked, rich, succesful, gets a lot of media exposure and fine sponsor deals, which are all perfectly legitimate reasons to cause envy and hate !
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 30th, 2010, 08:20 AM   #2260
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Day 8 preview; http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/n...256076_2061720

[14] Flavia Pennetta (ITA #15) vs. [3] Caroline Wozniacki (DEN #3)
H2H: Wozniacki leads 2-0
2010 W-L record (All surfaces/clay): Pennetta (26-10/12-3)… Wozniacki (26-10/14-5)

Wozniacki has now reached the fourth round or better at the last four Grand Slam tournaments, and indeed is through to this stage at Roland Garros for the first time. So far this week the 19-year-old's problematic ankle has held up well enough, but she certainly won't want it preying on her mind as she strives for her 200th career win against a classy opponent. After winning the title at Marbella in April Pennetta's Roland Garros preparations went flat (at least in singles) but she remains one of the most accomplished clay courters around, her seven titles on the surface placing her fourth amongst active players. Curiously, this is just the second time the 28-year-old has done this well here, but with the pressure on her teenaged rival she might just fancy her chances of a breakthrough.
Old May 30th, 2010, 02:39 PM   #2261
country flag VIKA?

VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute

Caro def. Pennetta 76-67-62

Caro fought really hard and finally was able to take the match so glad that she is on the second week
Old May 30th, 2010, 02:44 PM   #2262
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
It's the fact that Caro's 'boring' game wins matches and tournaments, gets her a top ranking and sometimes even defeats their own favorite player's more 'interesting' game. If only Caro was ranked 50 and never had any noticeable wins it would reduce the hating by 90%.
Dammit Caro why can't you just stay in your place?!

But seriously tennis has never been a sport that always rewards the player with the most interesting game. It's a sport that rewards the player who actually wins.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 30th, 2010, 02:45 PM   #2263
SOA_MC

SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't see this coming a QF at Roland Garros
SOA_MC is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 30th, 2010, 02:46 PM   #2264
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

this match was epic, probably Flavia deserved to take this more, but Caro was more consistent mentally and phisically

-Fixed -

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested

Last edited by Fantasy Hero : May 30th, 2010 at 03:13 PM.
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 30th, 2010, 02:47 PM   #2265
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

GREAT MATCH caro!now lets recover and defeat schiavone...semmifinal would be great!!

Slava Shvedova- Bel Bencic- Alize Lim
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread