Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 3 - Page 111 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2010, 11:14 PM   #1651
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 3

Got to admit that was a painful 2 sets of tennis for me. Looked like Piotr wasn't exactly thrilled either. Ah well. Bad day in the office. IMHO a poor tactic for a starter. If Caro even had any tactic today. I dont think I've ever seen so many UE from her either. All in all just -

Miami next.
TennisFan66 is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 12:57 AM   #1652
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
And yet Caro is still currently ranked higher than all of them except Serena. Dinara I can excuse cause she's been out with injury. And Azarenka hasn't yet made past the QF's of a Slam so her ranking being lower than Caroline is plausible.

What's the excuse for the rest of them?
Well Caro had kind of a lucky draw at the US Open to give her finalist points there.

Caro plays a lot more tournaments so her bad/mediocre results don't get counted as they do for the others.

Azarenka has made it past the 4th round of a slam 3 times compared to once for Caro and there's big difference in who they faced in the quarters: Serena (2x) and Safina for Azarenka vs Oudin for Caro.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 01:07 AM   #1653
country flag FormerlyKnownAs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future

After a while the dissapointment that she reverted too that way of playing today had worn a bit off, I was thinking about how it went last year.

After looking at the stats, found that it wasn't going too badly, better in fact than I thought.

The expectations have just been raised a lot. I think that this year I want her too stay at #2-#4, at least, and last year being at #12-#13 was just woohoo!!.

Code:
Up to and including Indian Wells
                    2009      2010

Points won           862      1106

WTA singles $    144,607   448,432

# Tournaments          6         4

# Games played        21        13
# D Played             8         3 
# Exho & Fed Played              4
    Total Played  =   35        24

Games played will be maybe important later in
the season, less wear and tear on her body.
So Caroline hasn't beaten a Top 10 player and gotten a Mandatory Title yet, but maybe the season is going actually better than I first thought.
FormerlyKnownAs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 02:28 AM   #1654
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Well Caro had kind of a lucky draw at the US Open to give her finalist points there.
It only turned out that way due to upsets. She could've met Sharapova or Dementeiva in the quarterfinals. And she still had to beat Kuznetsova.

Quote:
Caro plays a lot more tournaments so her bad/mediocre results don't get counted as they do for the others.
Ranking ultimately rewards consistency. And the average top twenty player played about 19.3 tournaments last year to Caroline's 24. There have been players who have made the top ten for playing over thirty.

Quote:
Azarenka has made it past the 4th round of a slam 3 times compared to once for Caro and there's big difference in who they faced in the quarters: Serena (2x) and Safina for Azarenka vs Oudin for Caro.
Caro made it to the 4th round of Wimbledon last year and the 4th round of the Australian Open this year. She has also made the semifinals of the YEC and the final of Madrid.

And on a side note, it wouldn't make any bit of difference if Caro had ever beaten a Williams Sister or one of the Belgians somewhere on her way to number 2. After all she did beat Dementieva(twice) and Kuznetsova last year and no one gave her credit for those victories and we're talking about a two time Slam champion and an Olympic Gold Medalist who are both still in the top ten. It wouldn't make much of a difference if Azarenka did beat Serena in a Slam either. People will still find excuses whenever a so called "elite" player loses to someone they deem inferior. And some are just scared because they know that time is on the side of the Wozniackis and Azarenkas of the tour and that the elite are NOT going to get any younger and their time on top will be over one day, hence the hostility.

And the girl has been improving in all aspects of her game. So she lost today. It's not, IMO, the beginning of the end of her career.

Sorry if that was long.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 09:01 AM   #1655
country flag poulao

poulao has a brilliant future poulao has a brilliant future poulao has a brilliant future poulao has a brilliant future poulao has a brilliant future poulao has a brilliant future poulao has a brilliant future poulao has a brilliant future poulao has a brilliant future poulao has a brilliant future poulao has a brilliant future

So after the disappointment yesterday and after a good night it all feels so much better, time to move on.

The headlines to day, Caro, 'Wozniacki: A good feeling'
and her father, 'Piotr: The serve failed Caroline'.
and 'Piotr: Second place = problems'

What ever, it's to late to do anything about it now anyway. Andre Agassi fx. was in four slam finals before he won. There is still hope.

Last edited by poulao : Mar 22nd, 2010 at 09:29 AM.
poulao is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 03:40 PM   #1656
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future

I have updated, changed/new stats and new formated

Caroline's 2010 Schedule, Results, Points, Earnings, W/L And Rank On Page 1
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 04:20 PM   #1657
country flag Bingain

Bingain has much to be proud of Bingain has much to be proud of Bingain has much to be proud of Bingain has much to be proud of Bingain has much to be proud of Bingain has much to be proud of Bingain has much to be proud of Bingain has much to be proud of Bingain has much to be proud of Bingain has much to be proud of Bingain has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
Caro made it to the 4th round of Wimbledon last year and the 4th round of the Australian Open this year. She has also made the semifinals of the YEC and the final of Madrid.
Caro has achieved all her objectives: world #2, celebrity, juicy endorsement contracts, at a tender age of 19. That's actually astounding. Not many women can do that.

The problem is, she has to decide which way to go now. To continue improve, struggle, and strive for the ultimate and face the consequences of possible failure? Or to calculate and pick up points/photo shots here and there to maintain certain standings?

She lost to Kim in last year's USO final. I didn't blame her. I rooted for her. She tried, but Kim played at a level beyond what she could match. I was still happy for her, despite Protess didn't agree .

I don't care what other people say, IMHO, Caro isn't at the top of her game yet. She is not (yet) as good as the "elite" players like Serena, Justin, Kim... etc. But she has room for improvement and we all hope she can keep improving. Maybe one day she can match up with them. Maybe one day she can beat a Williams/Belgian or in-form TOB to win a slam. I'd certainly hope so.

Fast forward a few months, amid all the celebrity talks, she went into IW finals, played with a lay-back style and (as if) hope for opponent give her the crown. That ain't gonna happen--that's a championship match. No, she can't blame nervousness. That was her privilege at her first ever Slam final last year. IMHO, at times, she has to learn to give all she has, go all out, win or lose, for the reward. This is sports, not chess. That happens, I'll surely be rooting, win or lose doesn't matter (well it matters, actually, but I'd still be delighted.)
Bingain is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 05:07 PM   #1658
country flag Jean-Henri

Jean-Henri has disabled reputation

I agree with lots of things already said after the final.

Most important, while it feels so depressing to see her getting slapped this big, she's still piling up lots of ranking points and experience. She's still like the third youngest player in top 50 !
Let the lot laugh, but she just earned 700 nice points. How many points did Kuzzy, Vika or Elena get on with ?
And maybe jaja is just like a really bad match for her, now and in the future. Everyone is owned by someone, and in jaja's case, we could see why yesterday.

It's time to move on guys. If caro can get her act together again, so can we.

Looking forward to Miami. Maybe it'll be a huge dissapointment. But then, there's also Madrid, Eastbourne etc. No need for panic.

Cheers !
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 05:46 PM   #1659
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Caro's Miami Draw:

QF: Likely Dementieva or Henin

R4: Schiavone vs BYE / R3: Pavlyuchenkova

R3: Kirilenko vs BYE
Czink vs Rus

R2: Qualifier 125 vs GBR Watson, Heather 126
Caro vs BYE

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 09:13 PM   #1660
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Very interesting possible QF against Henin. Will Caro be smashed in such an encounter as some think, or is Henin more beatable now than 2 years ago as her early exit in IW suggests? And my sympathy to Dementieva for drawing Henin in 2R again like at AO!
And a SF would likely be Azarenka or Jankovic again.
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 10:44 PM   #1661
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Very interesting possible QF against Henin. Will Caro be smashed in such an encounter as some think, or is Henin more beatable now than 2 years ago as her early exit in IW suggests? And my sympathy to Dementieva for drawing Henin in 2R again like at AO!
And a SF would likely be Azarenka or Jankovic again.
Or maybe Clijsters !!!
I think it would be interesting to see Henin against Dementiva.
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 11:00 PM   #1662
country flag Jean-Henri

Jean-Henri has disabled reputation

That draw looks sort of bottom heavy.
But more so for Elena of course.

Assuming Kirilenko ownage and passing R4/5 (Caro vs Pavlyuchenkova could be very interesting) my dream match is SF Caro vs Clijsters !
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 03:10 PM   #1663
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Here's something Caro's doing before she starts play in Miami:

Star visits: New Orleans Saints and former UM linebacker Jonathan Vilma is scheduled to play a set of tennis with Caroline Wozniacki, Thursday, noon, Court B. Heat guard Dwyane Wade is scheduled to take on Andy Roddick in a game of H-O-R-S-E and tennis, Saturday, 2 p.m., Court B.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...n-fashion-show
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 03:31 PM   #1664
country flag poulao

poulao has a brilliant future poulao has a brilliant future poulao has a brilliant future poulao has a brilliant future poulao has a brilliant future poulao has a brilliant future poulao has a brilliant future poulao has a brilliant future poulao has a brilliant future poulao has a brilliant future poulao has a brilliant future

OMG they are showing the match again on ES2, torture. The draw in Miami does not look that bad at all, it could have bin much worst, wirh Clijsters and or Martinez in her half. Let's hope she makes the best of it, and Azarenka to.
poulao is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 03:50 PM   #1665
country flag Protoss

Here's an interesting article about the Indian Wells final:

http://tennisworld.typepad.com/thewr...-surprise.html
Closed Thread